Cabin Recategorization Coming

These links are leading me to blank pages.

The links are working for me. They bring up PDF files. Maybe you can right click and download to your desktop and then try to view?

No more worms, all the early bird gets now is the ability to snag slightly more expensive cabins.

Actually I applaud them. I have never been a believer that just because you camped out you deserve to get better choices. If something is really nicer, the price should reflect that.

What's an Upgrade Fairy? :o

Bleah...worms for breakfast...;p

LOL!! Funny you should mention camping out....well at least in the "land yacht" I still get to

dock at preferred sites when I book early. ;)

Yeah, the mythical upgrade fairy has already bought her ticket to Venus. :p

Not only is the new labelling inconsistent, it's also illogical.

Junior suites get the logical high level category first "J" then the number following "1" so J1, J2 and so on.

Many other categories have the lower level grade number first, followed by the main grade eg 6B is actually a higher grade than 1L which doesn't make sense. Except that the L is the high level grade for panorama oceanview, and there's only 1 grade in that category. But B is a Balcony grade, though 6 is at the lower end of those.

Normal nomenclature, which they have used for Junior suites is to put the higher category first, and the breakup of that category next. However, for other categories they put the 1 first, so you wind up with 1B, 1N and 1T all in different categories. What a mess!

Yup, that is why the upgrade fairy has left us...too confusing. :*

Can you please provide information to point us to this podcast so others can listen?

Not sure how much of this info is allowable on these boards, but the podcast was from Dreams Unlimited on the Royal Caribbean forum of the Disboards. Very interesting.

Just watched a podcast from an agency who shall not be named on another message board, and they gave some great and very detailed information about the suite reorganization. Worth a listen. And according to the podcast, the JS is getting a bump up in benefits.

along with a proportional increase in price.:rolleyes:

So there is going to be a bump up in benefits for JS, most likely a bump in price to go along with it. So why would JS lose the extra C&A point? Is the loss of double points in writing somewhere? I've read through the FAQ, but have not seen it.:confused:

Who thinks Royal IT can do deployment schedule and recategorization at the same time without major website problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

long as we get discounts on drink packages as a result of them cancelling all of our cruises, ill forgive them

My frustration is for anyone who wants Star Class and has a family of 2/3 kids, it is going to be difficult to book a decent room short of the Royal Suite. Most of the rooms in this class on the Alllure/Oasis/HOS are large one bedrooms. We really like the 2bdrm Aqua and have at least one more booked in December but going forward will have to consider alternatives.

Thoughts?

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Who thinks Royal IT can do deployment schedule and recategorization at the same time without major website problems?

Not a chance!! I have been trying to use their booking tool on and off for the past 2 days and all I get is a blank screen when I click on a specific itinerary....unbelievable..... Their IT department could not be any worse:mad:

So there is going to be a bump up in benefits for JS, most likely a bump in price to go along with it. So why would JS lose the extra C&A point? Is the loss of double points in writing somewhere? I've read through the FAQ, but have not seen it.:confused:

Better not lose double points if they are gonna raise the price of the cabin, what sense would that make? I was gonna book one next time because I want to try a cruise in a suite and for the double points. That's BS if they do that!

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Better not lose double points if they are gonna raise the price of the cabin, what sense would that make? I was gonna book one next time because I want to try a cruise in a suite and for the double points. That's BS if they do that!

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

That is my thought, as well. So I'm confused about the information.:confused:

long as we get discounts on drink packages as a result of them cancelling all of our cruises, ill forgive them

Sure, you can have a discount on your drink package but good luck actually getting a drink when you have no cruise to go on.;)

My frustration is for anyone who wants Star Class and has a family of 2/3 kids, it is going to be difficult to book a decent room short of the Royal Suite. Most of the rooms in this class on the Alllure/Oasis/HOS are large one bedrooms. We really like the 2bdrm Aqua and have at least one more booked in December but going forward will have to consider alternatives.

Thoughts?

Shawn

I think they removed the two bedroom ATS due to price point and profit margins.

Those cabins, I believe, can hold 8 people and used average around $15,000 for the week. Not always was it full to capacity, but if you got a group of 8 friends together that cuts the cost significantly not to mention free drinks and specialty dining. I have read on the boards about people getting this cabin and it being cheaper than 2 Sky Class cabins per person without including the "freebies". I thought for one group it was even cheaper than a series of regular balcony cabins per person. My guess, it is a cost cutting measure for RC to remove the 2 bedroom ATS. I also suspect that they might remove 1 Genie per ship which will somehow will their bottom line.

The max capacity for the RLS is 6, and that cabin averages around $25,000. A lot better price point comparison for RC. We are in a SLS (capacity 4) next week and their profit margin is even better as we will only have 3 in the cabin. We have our 9 year old son with us who obviously can't drink, so RC will have a bit of advantage with us. He might get them in the food budget line though. ;)

For some strange reason I suspect the remaining Star cabins will jump in price as well. Another thing to consider is just because they say they are removing them it doesn't mean it will happen but I suspect that this is a done deal.

I think they removed the two bedroom ATS due to price point and profit margins.

Those cabins, I believe, can hold 8 people and used average around $15,000 for the week. Not always was it full to capacity, but if you got a group of 8 friends together that cuts the cost significantly not to mention free drinks and specialty dining. I have read on the boards about people getting this cabin and it being cheaper than 2 Sky Class cabins per person without including the "freebies". I thought for one group it was even cheaper than a series of regular balcony cabins per person. My guess, it is a cost cutting measure for RC to remove the 2 bedroom ATS. I also suspect that they might remove 1 Genie per ship which will somehow will their bottom line.

The max capacity for the RLS is 6, and that cabin averages around $25,000. A lot better price point comparison for RC. We are in a SLS (capacity 4) next week and their profit margin is even better as we will only have 3 in the cabin. We have our 9 year old son with us who obviously can't drink, so RC will have a bit of advantage with us. He might get them in the food budget line though. ;)

For some strange reason I suspect the remaining Star cabins will jump in price as well. Another thing to consider is just because they say they are removing them it doesn't mean it will happen but I suspect that this is a done deal.

Agree with what you are saying wholeheartedly. However my point is even the SLS room is not setup for a family imo (perhaps one child). They can say it sleeps 4 (no way my kids are sleeping in a pull out couch together) but that is not going to happen. Most that are booking these rooms that are left in Star Class, in general, are 2 people with the exception of the RLS and 4 bdrm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I tried booking a Star Class suite (Sky Loft) for Christmas 2017 on the Allure and it was $17,000 for just the two of us. Imagine what the price will be after recategorization!

I tried booking a Star Class suite (Sky Loft) for Christmas 2017 on the Allure and it was $17,000 for just the two of us. Imagine what the price will be after recategorization!

I paid way less than that for 3 of us in August of 2017. I think the time of year you're travelling has the biggest impact on the price.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not a chance!! I have been trying to use their booking tool on and off for the past 2 days and all I get is a blank screen when I click on a specific itinerary....unbelievable..... Their IT department could not be any worse:mad:

Yes their IT department "could" and we're about to see the first of that next week when new bookings open :evilsmile:

Of course, we decided against spending $17,000 on a one week cruise, instead, we will fly to one or two Caribbean islands and spend the week there and save around $10,000!

Same here. I'll cancel my A1 plus the other two rooms our family booked if they drop the Star Class amenities before our July cruise.
My cynical prediction:

1) they will drop the Star Class amenities:mad:

2) this drop will be in Penalty Phase after Final Payment date:mad::mad: