Cabin Recategorization Coming

I'm not sure if it will change or not, but I know the radiance aft balconies are always larger than the other balconies in the same class. I wonder if those are being "recatergorized" so they can now charge more for them.

I'll be watching that as I got my 2018 booking in already for the corner aft on deck 9 for Jewel.

If you have a booking, could this affect the pricing for your cabin?

MARAPRINCE

Guessing, only if you go to change it. I had booked a JS on Adventure 600 days ago and the price has more than doubled. I called and asked to move to another junior suite and they wanted $1200 to do so.

Guessing, only if you go to change it. I had booked a JS on Adventure 600 days ago and the price has more than doubled. I called and asked to move to another junior suite and they wanted $1200 to do so.

I thought you could move within the category at no charge. :confused:

Did you change.;p

I thought you could move within the category at no charge. :confused:

Like John said , I would try again, that does not sound right

Just watched a podcast from an agency who shall not be named on another message board, and they gave some great and very detailed information about the suite reorganization. Worth a listen. And according to the podcast, the JS is getting a bump up in benefits.

Edited by cleophus12

All C1's should be the same price regardless of deck-

At least until next week :)

No, plus or minus $20-25 differential. For instance on the April 1, 2018 C1's on deck 12 are $20 more than decks 10, 11 & 14. I can't tell for the Boardwalk cabins as only available cabins presently are on deck 11.

No, plus or minus $20-25 differential. For instance on the April 1, 2018 C1's on deck 12 are $20 more than decks 10, 11 & 14. I can't tell for the Boardwalk cabins as only available cabins presently are on deck 11.

Decks 10, 11 and 14 you are being assigned a C2. Deck 12 you are being assigned a C1.

Just did a mock booking on Oasis April 1 to confirm.

Just watched a podcast from an agency who shall not be named on another message board, and they gave some great and very detailed information about the suite reorganization. Worth a listen. And according to the podcast, the JS is getting a bump up in benefits.

Can you please provide information to point us to this podcast so others can listen?

So far there is only J1 on the Quantum class. Probably the one with the big angled balcony that combines with three others.

That aligns with the current categorisation on Quantum though, so no change apart from the name. i.e. J1 = FJ, J2 = SJ and J3 = JS.

Bit different on older classes which don't have that many categories though.

So far there is only J1 on the Quantum class. Probably the one with the big angled balcony that combines with three others.

You can kind of chase them down by looking at the number per ship on the matrix

Family Connected Junior Suite {FC}

| JS + (DO, D2, D4?D8) + SI

Numbered 16 on Quantum Class

So J1 = FC

I've seen that differential as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not only is the new labelling inconsistent, it's also illogical.

Junior suites get the logical high level category first "J" then the number following "1" so J1, J2 and so on.

Many other categories have the lower level grade number first, followed by the main grade eg 6B is actually a higher grade than 1L which doesn't make sense. Except that the L is the high level grade for panorama oceanview, and there's only 1 grade in that category. But B is a Balcony grade, though 6 is at the lower end of those.

Normal nomenclature, which they have used for Junior suites is to put the higher category first, and the breakup of that category next. However, for other categories they put the 1 first, so you wind up with 1B, 1N and 1T all in different categories. What a mess!