Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

This is better than ANY beach read! How have I missed your other live blogs?? I will have to catch up at some point.... I 'know you' from your Periscopes....looking forward to both.... it's a lot cheaper for me to cruise with you vicariously than for me to cruise and I will probably enjoy it almost as much! :)

This is awesome!!! Since Owen will probably use splashaway bay, can you snap a quick picture of the rules for the slides there in that area for kids? I'm getting conflicting information and have googled a ton, can't find anything or figure out what the exact height requirements are AND if they are strict about them. Staff at the top making sure kids are tall enough? They seem like easy slides. Thanks in advance and have an awesome cruise!

Glad to see you are enjoying the weather in Florida Andrew. You escaped the wind warning here in Southern Ontario. I got home to find a bunch of shingles ripped off our roof and the siding ripped off as well. Many of our neighbours are in worst shape than we are. One of my buddies had a flying garbage can hit his car and caused $2,000 in damage. I have been sitting on the phone for half an hour now waiting for a person to talk to at our insurance company (they say they are experiencing EXTREMELY HIGH CALL VOLUME and be patient). You may want to have someone take a peek at your home to assess if it has been damaged like our home is.

Bad news aside, I hope your family has an amazing vacation. We leave on the Freedom the day after you but will be in port with you when you return on the following Saturday. I hope Owen enjoys the Ultimate Abyss for the first time (I remember you and Lisa had your fill of it in your last review).

If you are feeling bored we live at 1234 Apple Bottom Crescent. [emoji23]

How far is that from Ottawa? I will send the vacuum man over with the pledge :)

Looks like you are enjoying yourselves. Your mom must be happy to have you all visiting her

No kidding. TLC? If so small world.

I haven't been there in a long time, but my philosophy is be kind and good to people. You don't have to go to a building to do that. It is your daily actions that make you who you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the one! And I agree. Enjoy your cruise and so nice to see that your mom is doing well!

No kidding. TLC? If so small world.

I haven't been there in a long time, but my philosophy is be kind and good to people. You don't have to go to a building to do that. It is your daily actions that make you who you are.

I like that Philosophy!!! I live my life that was as well! 3 more Days, and Cruise Time for you, and your Family!!!!

Oh also, Keep a Eye Out For a Scope from Me Friday Night. I think You will like it. [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Awesome pictures.. It is nice to see our Blue Jays back in business.:)

They didn't win but they did come back to make it closer. Final score 6-4.

Love your reviews! You're funny [emoji23] Heading down now for two days at Universal before we board the Harmony on Saturday! I hope y'all have a great cruise!!

It should be awesome. Enjoy Universal. See you at the ship.

This is better than ANY beach read! How have I missed your other live blogs?? I will have to catch up at some point.... I 'know you' from your Periscopes....looking forward to both.... it's a lot cheaper for me to cruise with you vicariously than for me to cruise and I will probably enjoy it almost as much! :)

If you expand my signature you will find links to them. I'm happy to have you following along on both fronts. I might need to start charging admission.

This is awesome!!! Since Owen will probably use splashaway bay, can you snap a quick picture of the rules for the slides there in that area for kids? I'm getting conflicting information and have googled a ton, can't find anything or figure out what the exact height requirements are AND if they are strict about them. Staff at the top making sure kids are tall enough? They seem like easy slides. Thanks in advance and have an awesome cruise!

I will take pics of what I can see for you. I will say this, if there are height restrictions they will follow them. Are you thinking the three water slides only or the slash pad area as well. If I forget please give me a gentle reminder part way through the cruise.

Glad to see you are enjoying the weather in Florida Andrew. You escaped the wind warning here in Southern Ontario. I got home to find a bunch of shingles ripped off our roof and the siding ripped off as well. Many of our neighbours are in worst shape than we are. One of my buddies had a flying garbage can hit his car and caused $2,000 in damage. I have been sitting on the phone for half an hour now waiting for a person to talk to at our insurance company (they say they are experiencing EXTREMELY HIGH CALL VOLUME and be patient). You may want to have someone take a peek at your home to assess if it has been damaged like our home is.

Bad news aside, I hope your family has an amazing vacation. We leave on the Freedom the day after you but will be in port with you when you return on the following Saturday. I hope Owen enjoys the Ultimate Abyss for the first time (I remember you and Lisa had your fill of it in your last review).

Hi Russ. I saw on the weather network app the wind warning. It was the same today at our place. Thankfully our place and my mom's is OK. Lisa's mom though lives in a home on one of our farms. She heard the shingles coming off the roof. Lots of tree limbs down too.

Fortunately our local contractor and long family friends stopped by the house already and it is water tight. They will be replacing the shingles Friday. I didn't know until 5:30 today and it happened this morning.

35e15b8d4ef24c74f7bb106ebb59ef12.jpg

I have photo proof and will email or call or insurance agent tomorrow. After what you said it won't be a surprise to them. Hopefully you can get them tonight or tomorrow. Not the best way to start a holiday.

Enjoy Freedom. I am pretty sure Owen will enjoy all of Harmony. Safe travels and flow riding.

If you are feeling bored we live at 1234 Apple Bottom Crescent. [emoji23]

How far is that from Ottawa? I will send the vacuum man over with the pledge :)

Looks like you are enjoying yourselves. Your mom must be happy to have you all visiting her

You feel like picking up some branches? Much more exciting than dusting. I know what I will be doing when we return.

Bell wants to know if you are stopping by on the way down.

4040f16542f293a0392504105f8269c8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I wish but maybe next year. I might go to and display at Amelia Island at their concours next year and then head to the ship. I could always stop in and give her a chin scratch then.

That's the one! And I agree. Enjoy your cruise and so nice to see that your mom is doing well!

Amazing how small the world is. She is doing great. Hopefully you and yours are.

I like that Philosophy!!! I live my life that was as well! 3 more Days, and Cruise Time for you, and your Family!!!!

Oh also, Keep a Eye Out For a Scope from Me Friday Night. I think You will like it. [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kat, I will turn on the notifications, and keep my eyes open for it. These 3 days will fly.

A few pics from the day. If you like baseball and are in Sarasota I highly recommend going to Ed Smith Stadium. It is an amazing stadium to watch a game at.

7caeae8f622e1135d7ac018a8360e802.jpg

Jerry Howarth, the Jays radio announcer was there.

622c7a604f90d898431a9437429837b4.jpg

04762f02afc76cad79a41a449bb38855.jpg

Owen got 1 practice ball and a few signatures. Luis Rivera, the third base coach, tossed him a game ball as well. He got another game ball from a Jays player and he went a few rows up and gave it to a girl that was standing with him at the pregame practice. Such a good boy.

6dc90a3741cf5d46b51d4fb8e7c82cae.jpg

I have know idea who left this mess. [emoji849]

ff6dcd1f000c6e8565944777e13c7c0a.jpg

A great day.

ecb876da6fb24b9c7938125ae7ceb605.jpg

A few more pics from the day. For the car guys. Viper GTS R. A somewhat rare car.

21b537fac12ba2568fd0cc8b297a4c93.jpg

Bentley convertible.

3c75c6ee3e6c8473d94bfce09c788471.jpg

If I ever come back to life as a dog I hope to come to this family. Riding in my Porsche Convertible with my nails on the paint. Ruff.

655ca1d18a003bb2d3cb4773461ec623.jpg

Our land yacht. Hi mom.

794f77b160e1ddb6437379926e310d3a.jpg.

This large house is rumoured to being built by Jeffrey Vinik, the owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning. They tore down three houses to build it. Hey neighbour, can you spare some tickets. It looks lovely. [emoji849]

5715e50adc625a27d3e87da7b82e42e2.jpg

609aba8ec8527f08f20635e54f68c4b8.jpg

Another neighbour not that far away is Jerry Springer. I guess that is better than Maury - who's the daddy?

And some delectable delights to follow at

337c972d70d9f3ee44a1b1a2cb2ffe60.jpg

Fudge anyone?

8a324dff9a11bfe391e2d563aeeb9f32.jpg

9da979615a40bc6f4405219a9906bbe7.jpg

Finished product. The judges only gave a 4 and a 3. A travesty.

7fb9511ed2826c3452fd8437f1ab0f3b.jpg

They also make home made waffle cones and dip them in "the window".

7301c9f3408c810dc75865b237740469.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And then you go inside the devil's layer. What do you pick, from all the items that they make in house?

Peanut Brittle among many home made candy.

6bea8df701b84f55c6f71868b4242f9d.jpg

Fudge?

649638e744136e119e1fe96e3ec8da2f.jpg

Chocolate?

c72157c4b37422d2710a9ac067b5b919.jpg

6e8091e3a26bd39df9f1651bc0276e64.jpg

Ice cream?

e2e429469dfee1557cc0f87177338380.jpg

That's one long ice cream bar.

31fa88148859ada10809f686e0843c9c.jpg

So we lost - but you got to sit in the sun and enjoy our Jays!

Crikey that was quite the selection at Kilwin's and it all looked so yummy. I'd have no will-power -- it would have been fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge, and more fudge :D.

If you are walkers you might want to walk down to the Ritz Carlton and have lunch; it is usually empty during the week and I bet they won't mind if you use their pool afterwards. If you are very big walkers, walk past the Ritz Carlton on the beach to the end for some gorgeous views. Have a great trip.

I don't know if we will get there this time but I will keep it on my to do list. I did tell my mom and I think she will do it in the next few weeks. Thanks for the tip.

My circus name scares me more than clowns. Apparently I am Pampelous The Spectacular Tattoed Lady.......uh........no.

carry on...

Wonderful name, Pampelous The Spectacular Tattooed Lady. Just rolls off your tongue, and a member of the Blue Blooded Tattoo Lady family. WOW!

Maybe others didn't report their names out of embarrassment. 30 lashes to them and they can man the poop deck once we arrive on Harmony.

Pamps, you get a direct pass to the Bar of your choice.

So we lost - but you got to sit in the sun and enjoy our Jays!

Crikey that was quite the selection at Kilwin's and it all looked so yummy. I'd have no will-power -- it would have been fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge, and more fudge :D.

It smelled so sugary sweet, I don't want to go back. Actually, I do.

Wow, this is so good and we haven't even gotten to the cruise yet.

That was very sweet of Owen to give the ball to the girl standing with him. You and Lisa are doing a great job and you both should be very proud, no doubt you are.

So I have never been to Sarasota but you just put it on the map and it will be added to my bucket list. That candy store though, omg! I have recently been to my version of Dr. Ho and apparently in a position of stroke or heart attack, yikes no more ice cream for me among many other indulgences. Upon hearing this I have done some research, found out just a half cup of ice cream is equivalent to 10 glazed donuts in fat. I will not be finding that shop ☹️ Sad, so sad.

I forgot a funny store from yesterday. Lisa and I were getting ready in the morning and Owen and Grandma were in their bathroom getting ready too. We could hear them talking, but not everything.

Owen: What time do you think it is?

Gram: I don't know, almost eight.

Owen responds: It's fart time.

It is silent for a few seconds, until he enters the hallway and falls to his knees laughing. He may have fired the first volley but Grandma had the last laugh. It guess it was fart time.