When do you like to show up at port to check in?

I'm sure this has been covered to death, but my searches aren't working out so well.

When do YOU like to show up at port to check in? Early, as late as possible, or somewhere in between?

Trying to decide when to check in on Oasis. We will be up early that morning killing time. When can we head over? It there a time that historically has very little crowds? We are gold members, not in a suite.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like to go early too...11ish....its the best time to get pictures on the ship without random strangers in the back ground...and to avoid the longer lines....we'd rather be exploring the new ship then sitting in the hotel room waiting....

I try to get there fairly early, but not so early that they are still disembarking the other passengers. Otherwise, you just stand around in line waiting and waiting outside. You can't even get into the terminal until they are set up to start checking people in. I have friends who wanted to get there early to be at the head of the line. They showed up to the port around 9:00 and had trouble finding parking and then had to wait outside on a humid morning. It got the whole experience off to a bad start for them. I had told them not to even bother showing up before about 10:00 to allow for turnaround time to let the previous cruisers disembark and let folks get ready to send them aboard.

I'm sure this has been covered to death, but my searches aren't working out so well.

When do YOU like to show up at port to check in? Early, as late as possible, or somewhere in between?

Trying to decide when to check in on Oasis. We will be up early that morning killing time. When can we head over? It there a time that historically has very little crowds? We are gold members, not in a suite.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends on the port .If it is Baltimore,it is as early as possible because we are driving there and want to get a good spot in the parking area.If it is NY or NJ usually about 11AM.

Normally we're there by 11am, but are leaning towards showing up later around 1pm on our November cruise to avoid crowds and not rush around in the morning. 9 night cruise, so not missing a whole lot by showing up 2-3 hours later.

Never before 2:00 pm. Preferably 3:00.

All the pushers and shovers are already on board. There are no lines. Port side staff are almost done for the day and much more pleasant. (We usually end up chatting about how rude the crowd was that day) Cabin usually ready. No traffic at drop off. We breeze through the whole process.

Never understood the "we have to be first" crowd. Walking stress balls.

NLT 11. We're on GR in 4 weeks and since boarding day is a Saturday, we can pretty much be sure how long it will take to drive to Baltimore since there's no rush hour. So, if we leave our house around 9:30, we'll be walking into the terminal by 10:45. For other ports, we usually plan to arrive around 11-1115. We usually board and either head straight to the Windjammer or to the D lounge and get coffee and hit the Windjammer at 1-130 when rooms open up since tables are easy to get then.

We are early risers, so there really is no stress or hurrying for us, and we aren't trying to be first on the ship. We have a very leisurely breakfast at the hotel, usually talk to some of the other cruisers who are also staying there, pack up our overnight bags, maybe sit around the pool with another cup of coffee if the weather is nice, and then usually head to the ship around 10:30-11:00. For us, after a day of travel prior to, it's a relaxing and perfect way to begin our cruise. :)

We get there around 1030. I will not care if I have to wait outside in warm muggy temperatures. After living in Western Alaska I look forward to it. It has been SO cold here the last few months I can take warm. Today as I sat close to my desk heater I had trouble not thinking about the cruise. 44 days to sunshine and temperatures that are actually above 0 for a change.