Will AQ and CC cabins on the Edge have infinity verandas?

ccod

Today I booked an AQ cabin on the Edge for April 2019 and was assured that it would have an infinity veranda. Then I saw a statement on Cruise Critic that Aqua Class and Concierge Class would NOT have infinity verandas, so I called the Captains Club. The rep assisting me said she would have to check and came back with documentation. She responded empathetically that AQ and CC cabins would not have the infinity feature and read from her notes that the only categories that would were E1, E2, E3, E4 and ES. Yet the deck plans show little squiglies for AQ's, representing infinity. So I don't know what to believe.

Hi Ccod,

Please take this with a grain of salt - as this is only Day 1 of the Edge reveal.... but I'm hearing the Aqua & Concierge will have the Infinity verandas. I also heard that categories 1A, 1B and SV will not offer them.

My best advice is to give it a few days, and hopefully, we will know what is fact, and what is not.

Hope this helps !

Looking at the pictures on the X site, all the cabins up to the overhang look flat against the side of the ship suggesting they are all the same. However, we don't know which decks they are that are actually being portrayed as it's only a snapshot (note there are struts though, similar to the S class overhang).

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/our-ships/celebrity-edge/

Hi Ccod,

Please take this with a grain of salt - as this is only Day 1 of the Edge reveal.... but I'm hearing the Aqua & Concierge will have the Infinity verandas. I also heard that categories 1A, 1B and SV will not offer them.

My best advice is to give it a few days, and hopefully, we will know what is fact, and what is not.

Hope this helps !

This is exactly what was told to me on the phone by various celebrity agents. I am also booked in a Aqua class and have been told that it is an infinity veranda. Also, based on the deck plans you can clearly see the difference between all balcony cabins and 1A, 1B and SV. They appear different while A1 and A2 appear the same as the E-1-E5. Here is the deck plan link:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/e4d5f423-f5ae-4d84-ac11-6133c76b12d7/CelebrityEdgeDeckPlans.pdf?ext=.pdf

Today I booked an AQ cabin on the Edge for April 2019 and was assured that it would have an infinity veranda. Then I saw a statement on Cruise Critic that Aqua Class and Concierge Class would NOT have infinity verandas, so I called the Captains Club. The rep assisting me said she would have to check and came back with documentation. She responded empathetically that AQ and CC cabins would not have the infinity feature and read from her notes that the only categories that would were E1, E2, E3, E4 and ES. Yet the deck plans show little squiglies for AQ's, representing infinity. So I don't know what to believe.

I booked an AQ1 cabin. I was assured that it had an infinity veranda. I also went to online chat and was assured , again, that it would have an infinity veranda.

What it says online when booking an Aqua room on Edge: (don't think it says anything different than other ships)

AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Canyon Ranch SpaClub® treatments
  • Welcome bottled water
  • Daily delivery of flavored tea
  • Priority check-in
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

What it says online when booking an Aqua room on Edge: (don't think it says anything different than other ships)

AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Canyon Ranch SpaClub® treatments
  • Welcome bottled water
  • Daily delivery of flavored tea
  • Priority check-in
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

I was told that there may/will be additional perks. They haven't even finished building the ship yet or defining the specialty restaurants etc. This is something that will be rolled out sooner to actual launch.

Yeah - I am curious as to where the spa will actually be located. It isn't listed on the deck plans yet (or I missed it). Usually the spa is forward and has wonderful ocean views. I'm hoping the spa's reflection type room will still have such lovely views!

Anyone know anything about whether sky suites will? The renderings don't seem to show it, so I am thinking no.

Nope, they have regular doors.

Very overwhelming,....we will definitely wait & see before jumping on...

From the overhead views, some of it seems hideous & gimmicky, but the cabins seem nice and calmly decorated...glad there will still be AQ and BLU...what is our usual booking,..

I USED TO GAVE A NICER LOGO WHEN I POSTED,

Anyone know anything about whether sky suites will? The renderings don't seem to show it, so I am thinking no.

Here are the room layouts you get when booking. Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites do not have infinity balconies, nor do their beds face the sea.

1934793342_CelebritryEdgeSkySuite.jpg.37629bc8c062a1edba177e8746bc8d2f.jpg

2066523759_CelebrityEdgeCelebritySuite.jpg.ae7a5b1bf9b1389f3f6ba5d19d50d5cc.jpg

Here's some of what I learned according to the first webinar of the day today:

980 cabins will have the Infinite Veranda. All Concierge Class (284 cabins) and all Aqua Class (106 cabins) will have this veranda.

Single cabins will have a queen bed (not a king like most of the other cabins) and will not have an infinite veranda. There will be 16 single cabins.

The ship will hold 3373 passengers and is 129,500 GRT.

Families: There will be 174 connecting staterooms. If your cabin connects to a suite but ISN'T a suite class cabin, then you can still have access to the suite Retreat Sun Deck and the amenities there but not the suite perks. I think you'd have to have your non-suite cabin linked with the suite before sailing to get the perks, but they didn't elaborate on the details.

Zenith CC members: Will also have access to the Retreat Sun Deck but not the suite perks.

The main pool will be the largest pool at sea at 25 meters in length. (statistic not verified - going by what they said)

The new Edge tenders will have air conditioning, airplane-type economy seats, seat 130 passengers and there will be 8 of them in total.

The Magic Carpet will hold 90 people at a time waiting to board the tenders.

The Rooftop Garden - will have A Taste of Film, live music, a much larger Sunset Bar and a Garden Grill that features a barbecue menu.

Hope that helps with some of the details. :)

Here's some of what I learned according to the first webinar of the day today:

980 cabins will have the Infinite Veranda. All Concierge Class (284 cabins) and all Aqua Class (106 cabins) will have this veranda.

Single cabins will have a queen bed (not a king like most of the other cabins) and will not have an infinite veranda. There will be 16 single cabins.

Families: There will be 174 connecting staterooms. If your cabin connects to a suite but ISN'T a suite class cabin, then you can still have access to the suite Retreat Sun Deck and the amenities there but not the suite perks. I think you'd have to have your non-suite cabin linked with the suite before sailing to get the perks, but they didn't elaborate on the details.

Zenith CC members: Will also have access to the Retreat Sun Deck but not the suite perks.

The main pool will be the largest pool at sea at 25 meters in length. (statistic not verified - going by what they said)

The new Edge tenders will have air conditioning, airplane-type economy seats, seat 130 passengers and there will be 8 of them in total.

The Magic Carpet will hold 90 people at a time waiting to board the tenders.

The Rooftop Garden - will have A Taste of Film, live music, a much larger Sunset Bar and a Garden Grill that features a barbecue menu.

Hope that helps with some of the details. :)

Thanks for some missing details. Rather disappointed to hear about the size as initially it was reported that the Edge would be bigger than the M class and smaller than the S class. By passenger count this will carry more passengers than the other ships so no chance to get to smaller ports or to be able to dock closer in at many ports.

Thanks for some missing details. Rather disappointed to hear about the size as initially it was reported that the Edge would be bigger than the M class and smaller than the S class. By passenger count this will carry more passengers than the other ships so no chance to get to smaller ports or to be able to dock closer in at many ports.

Maybe more efficient tendering will get her to smaller ports.

Hi DrivesLikeMario,

That's very interesting. According to initial reports, Edge was supposed to be approx. 117,000 GRT, and carry 2,900 guests. Apparently, X bumped up the numbers.

Thanks for the information !

Here's a link to a Celebrity Edge FAQs from what appears to be 2014 - though perhaps updated over time : http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14041761_CEL_Edge_FAQ.pdf

Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario

Hi DrivesLikeMario,

That's very interesting. According to initial reports, Edge was supposed to be approx. 117,000 GRT, and carry 2,900 guests. Apparently, X bumped up the numbers.

Thanks for the information !

Here's a link to a Celebrity Edge FAQs from what appears to be 2014 - though perhaps updated over time : http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14041761_CEL_Edge_FAQ.pdf

Maybe 2900 is lower berth count (2 per cabin) and the 3373 includes all third and fourth possible passengers.

I really thought the Single cabins were supposed to have the Infinity balcony. According to the description on the website and the deck plan they do.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk