Cruise oversold

And in the end if you don't come to an agreement for another cruise they have the right to boot you with no compensation. That's the bargin you made when you opted to buy this way.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

That doesn't sound right. We're doing a guarantee on the Oasis next month and we were guaranteed an ocean view balcony cabin somewhere on the ship (and we did get that). We did not make a bargain that would allow us not to sail, however. A guarantee is just that - a guarantee and is not the same as flying standby on an airplane which is space available.

And in the end if you don't come to an agreement for another cruise they have the right to boot you with no compensation. That's the bargin you made when you opted to buy this way.

Would you please quote the cruise contract with this information.

I currently have a GTY booking and can't find the above at all written in the cruise contract.

Thanks

I am sure that RCCL considers Harmony a step up from Serenade and therefore equal compensation, but given all of the planning that you have missed out on for Harmony, I think you might not have the same great time without reservations.

If I was in your shoes, I would try to make lemonade out of lemons. I would ask for one additional thing - permission to use the concierge to help get you reservations for shows or dining or excursions. Similar to how they grant those in the Ben and Jerrys promenade room on Freedom class a gold card.

I also would ask that the OBC be refundable instead of non-refundable in case you can use some of it to cover any land based hotel stay/food.

I considered the suggestion of asking for a B2B on a smaller ship to get you to a longer stay but I don't know if that would actually be better/worth it/agreed too...? When does Navigator head out for its next 9 night ABC? Could you get a room on that instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP is in FL, though fairly far from PE - they start baiting the locals before talking to those further away.

Biker, who wonders if this an isolated incident.

They don't always start with the locals. I received a call for our cruise on Allure in January 3 days prior to sailing. We had 2 balcony cabins booked and they made us an offer for the 4 of us to switch to a single cabin that slept 4. It was a very generous offer that we accepted.

Really?

OP, are they offering you $400 refundable or non-refundable credit? If it is non-refundable then I think this is a really poor deal. You get a three day shorted cruise on a ship that is awesome but has, in my opinion, an inferior itinerary to Serenade. I would have a very hard time blowing through $400 in OBC unless I was spending it on all sorts of stuff that I don't want in the first place. If the credit is refundable then this would be a little less hard to swallow.

They don't always start with the locals. I received a call for our cruise on Allure in January 3 days prior to sailing. We had 2 balcony cabins booked and they made us an offer for the 4 of us to switch to a single cabin that slept 4. It was a very generous offer that we accepted.

That's not quite like the OP, where they are getting bumped off the ship.

And in the end if you don't come to an agreement for another cruise they have the right to boot you with no compensation.

I think what you meant to say is that they can boot you with a full refund and no compensation above that.

That doesn't sound right. We're doing a guarantee on the Oasis next month and we were guaranteed an ocean view balcony cabin somewhere on the ship (and we did get that). We did not make a bargain that would allow us not to sail, however. A guarantee is just that - a guarantee and is not the same as flying standby on an airplane which is space available.

My comment was based on what another cruiser was told by rci when they gave him his options.

It's obviously not a guarantee or they would never have to kick peole off the cruise.

Wow, I stopped reading early on to tell my husband about this issue. THEN I continued reading, when I read about the 4 people that had two cabins booked, I thought OMG!!! That is what my family books, 2 cabins for the 4 of us. This June will be the first time using Guarantee. Thankfully we have assigned cabins. I can not imagine how generous it would have to be to make sharing a cabin with our two almost adult kids tolerable! Lol, I think I would possibly need to start drinking for the first time!

That does NOT sound pleasant. I am now considering paying a couple hundred € more for a non-guarantee cabin to avoid this. The OP was on their way to Ft. Laurderdale, before getting this news. For me I'd have flown into the country of deportation, wouldn't have a flight back, or accommodation and would be HOPPING mad

would be HOPPING mad

We were at my brother's house when I tried working with Resolutions. My brother thought my husband was this mild-mannered, never bothered individual who never raised his voice.

It was all my brother could do to keep a straight face behind my husband's back as he listened to him yell, pace and yell some more for over two hours.

While my husband yelled - across the room and over the speaker phone to the gal at Resolutions - I'd yell back that she is trying to help fix this mess. Not sure that we'd have gotten the OBC if she hadn't heard his reaction. She said she kept going higher up the ladder to get us - basically nothing - for more money. This was/is Oasis, a cruise ship we are repeating on and the same-old western that we've done multiple times.

By the time we got home (and listening to him during the eight hour drive) I realized I could have gone solo, collected double points and received his portion of the tips and port charges back. On the other hand, wouldn't be departing this Sunday. Do believe we made the better deal as we will be on a ship looking out over the ocean.

My brother was in stiches; probably hasn't laughed that hard in years!

Hope the OP lets us know what he does tomorrow. Wish them the best.

Judy

Great news! We got a room! Its on Deck 8 and not obstructed. God is good!

I didn't really hear the details about the $400 onboard credit because my mind was about to explode.

I just called and asked if they were able to assign us a room yet and she said yes.

Glad I stood my ground and said no.

They definitely need to fix this though.

Thanks for your comments and support. :D

Would someone please enlighten me about this? I've read about the "guaranteed" cabin in other threads, and I've never really understood the whys or the wherefores.... When I book a cruise, usually online, I select my cabin right then. Under what circumstances would someone get a "guaranteed cabin" and why would anyone do this? Thank you for making me a wee bit smarter... :)

Would someone please enlighten me about this? I've read about the "guaranteed" cabin in other threads, and I've never really understood the whys or the wherefores.... When I book a cruise, usually online, I select my cabin right then. Under what circumstances would someone get a "guaranteed cabin" and why would anyone do this? Thank you for making me a wee bit smarter... :)

In most cases, guarantee staterooms are significantly less expensive than the same ones in which you pick your specific stateroom. You can also get better than the guaranteed minimum, though the odds are against that.

In most cases, guarantee staterooms are significantly less expensive than the same ones in which you pick your specific stateroom. You can also get better than the guaranteed minimum, though the odds are against that.

Thank you, Bob!

I booked a cruise for July 2017 on Grandeur back in December 2016. I definitely wanted a balcony. The only choice for a balcony was guaranteed. I could not chose a balcony cabin if I wanted to. Still waiting for an assignment and this makes me nervous.

Glad the OP got on their cruise.