Coco Cay news - waterpark and ability to stay overnight

Source: http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277322/big-interview-michael-bayley-president-and-chief-executive-of-royal-caribbean-international

The deal will also see the creation of “a unique and phenomenal vacation experience” on Coco Cay in the form of a massive water park, which, Bayley says, will eclipse any other water park in the world.

“It is going to be the capital city of fun,” he promises.

“It’s located less than a day from Miami or Fort Lauderdale, and guests will have the choice of chill or thrill when they get there.

“You can still have a beach experience. And we will be adding some private cabana accommodation for Suite Class guests who may want to get off and stay for a few days in total luxury and privacy before hopping on another ship to come home – or you can go and have a total thrill adventure. This is another example of our continuous drive to offer an out-of-the-ordinary vacation.”

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Great. They ruined Labadee, now Coco Cay

I concur with you. I'm a young Diamond Plus member (could be Pinnacle if only sailed on RCCL) and must say, I LOVE Coco Cay in which its "not" commercialized. Beach bum or not, it's the peacefulness and natural surroundings that makes it special. I used to love Labadee but with all the honky tonk stuff now, it's taken away the beauty of being what it is, a private island. Please don't ruin Coco Cay......

I wonder how they pull off the idea of staying there a few days? I presume all of the people's luggage would be offloaded with them. How would it work as far as room availability? There would have to be an available room/suite on the ship that picks them up. I suppose the cruise line could try and coordinate it such that when people vacate one suite to stay on the island, their vacated suite would then be used by people being picked up from the island. Interesting to think about.

I wonder how they pull off the idea of staying there a few days? I presume all of the people's luggage would be offloaded with them. How would it work as far as room availability? There would have to be an available room/suite on the ship that picks them up. I suppose the cruise line could try and coordinate it such that when people vacate one suite to stay on the island, their vacated suite would then be used by people being picked up from the island. Interesting to think about.

As long as money is involved, logistics can be worked out. ;);p

So then ships will be sailing to Coco Cay with empty Suites to accommodate guests who may have chosen to stay on the island from a previous cruise?

Maybe you don't go back in a suite. Should not be a problem if the next stop is Florida. Bigger problem is catching a ride back to the proper port.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

So then ships will be sailing to Coco Cay with empty Suites to accommodate guests who may have chosen to stay on the island from a previous cruise?

I can see a logistical nightmare approaching. This from a company that cannot charge for bottled water correctly.

I can see a logistical nightmare approaching. This from a company that cannot charge for bottled water correctly.

or to have a website that actually works!!! How will they ever be able to keep who is going where straight!!!

Kinda bitter sweet for me. We are about 50/50 where Coco Cay is a port of call and actually getting to island. Love the quiet / simple beach vs Labadee. We still seek a shaded area for our loungers with a view of water. We have decided to not do sailings with Coco Cay as port of call in future. We really loved the dock in Labadee on our last trip there which is where we are conflicted. Like sailing to Grand Cayman, a tender port, which we have never missed due to tendering!?

As others have mention, we hope the build up does not ruin the island and beach area experience.

FWIW I've never been a fan of breaking a cruise in half by staying over somewhere in the middle, or even cruises that onboard passengers at multiple ports. At least for 7 nighters or less. I like to sort of get in a groove after boarding and have a nice long, uninterrupted run. Also, if you like to get to know even a few fellow passengers, it can be nice to not chop up the cruise.