A Few More Cut-backs!

jelayne

Just off the Equinox yesterday and noticed a few more cut-backs. I'm. Not sure if these are fleet wide or just on the Equinox.

We were in AQ and this time didn't recieve the leather like card holder. I asked the cabin attendant if they had stopped giving them out and he said "yeah, pretty much". A couple we met who were in Conciegre said they recieved a cheap cloth holder. We did get the tote bag and the white bag and slippers.

On our recent cruises we had experienced the sparkling wine was not in our cabin on arrival but the attendant said it would be delivered chilled when we wanted it. This time no sparkling wine & no mention from our cabin attendant that it was available.

They were no "to-go" containers for coffee in the OV cafe. Asked a crew member who said I haven't seen them in awhile but I"ll look and see if I can find one:o.

Love Carmel macchiato but this cruise they stopped putting the fancy Carmel design on the top. Reason given- we can't do that when we are in the US:rolleyes:. Then at the end of the cruise there was no Carmel at all.

No chocolates at turn down for first 3 days then they appeared after I wrote a comment about the chocolates and the lack of "to-go" cups. Unfortunately no to-go cups ever appeared.

Don't know what the problem was but the Internet was horrible. We had unlimited internet and it kept kicking us off, could get to one site but then if you wanted to go a different site you got the "server can't be found message- comical when you are trying to get to the X website. Log-off, log back on to go from one thing to another.

Hope these were just unique to the Equinox

On a positive note the new Blu menu, in our opinion is a winner and the service was excellent as always.

The Equinox is in great shape and the crew was friendly and helpful.

The jazz fest itinerary was great and one they will hopefully repeat in future years.

There was more action in the Martini Bar than we have seen in our previous 16 X sailings.

Found the Gastropub to be a great place to have a drink and relax- wish the other ships had this venue in place of Cellar Masters.

Just off the Equinox yesterday and noticed a few more cut-backs. I'm. Not sure if these are fleet wide or just on the Equinox.

We were in AQ and this time didn't recieve the leather like card holder. I asked the cabin attendant if they had stopped giving them out and he said "yeah, pretty much". A couple we met who were in Conciegre said they recieved a cheap cloth holder. We did get the tote bag and the white bag and slippers. Received the leather like card holder and two bags (the green cheap one and the dark blue one that goes into the bag with leather like handles).

On our recent cruises we had experienced the sparkling wine was not in our cabin on arrival but the attendant said it would be delivered chilled when we wanted it. This time no sparkling wine & no mention from our cabin attendant that it was available. No sparkling wine in the cabin when I arrived, the Cabin Steward asked when I wanted it.

No chocolates at turn down for first 3 days then they appeared after I wrote a comment about the chocolates and the lack of "to-go" cups. Unfortunately no to-go cups ever appeared. Got choclates for turn down nightly.

Don't know what the problem was but the Internet was horrible. We had unlimited internet and it kept kicking us off, could get to one site but then if you wanted to go a different site you got the "server can't be found message- comical when you are trying to get to the X website. Log-off, log back on to go from one thing to another. The internet was the best I've had on Celebrity. Never got kicked off like I use to. I used my IPad the whole time and was very happy with the internet.

Here were my experiences with these on my Reflection cruise in January in Concierge Class.

IMO, they can keep the pillow chocolate, the leather card holder and the paper cup. Your second paragraph was more important: Great food, entertainment and service. To me, just my opinion,.... the small stuff is not important if this keeps the cruise fare down. :cool: Hoping you had a great time and thank you for your input.:)

Here were my experiences with these on my Reflection cruise in January in Concierge Class.

We had them all the things on the Infinity in Feb/March of this year which was why I was surprised and posted our experience.

We had them all the things on the Infinity in Feb/March of this year which was why I was surprised and posted our experience.
If they are changes since 1st quarter cruises, the only thing I would be disappointed with is if they internet was downgraded, since it was just upgraded and this was my first ever cruise where I was happy with it.

As far as the sparkling wine, I don't drink it, the chocolates, I don't eat them (if chocolates are a cutback, it would be strange because the new President made such a big deal when she brought them back), and I have enough Celebrity bags to start a store.

Hopefully, more posters will post their experiences for April and May, so we can see if these are cutbacks or just a one off on your cruise.

If they are changes since 1st quarter cruises, the only thing I would be disappointed with is if they internet was downgraded, since it was just upgraded and this was my first ever cruise where I was happy with it.

As far as the sparkling wine, I don't drink it, the chocolates, I don't eat them (if chocolates are a cutback, it would be strange because the new President made such a big deal when she brought them back), and I have enough Celebrity bags to start a store.

Hopefully, more posters will post their experiences for April and May, so we can see if these are cutbacks or just a one off on your cruise.

We were on Summit for the repositioning to Bayonne. We were in a C1 but all of those things were in our room or available (of course except for the slippers).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My AQ cruise on the Eclipse ended a week ago. :(

I had the cardholder, bag with slippers etc. and the blue tote bag. No sparkling wine or mention of it--didn't ask the attendant because it didn't matter to me. Paper cups were almost never out in Oceanview but I saw where the staff got them from when I asked for one (one of the cupboards under the coffee machines) and after the first couple days just started getting them out myself. Not sure why they aren't kept out--several times I checked EVERY coffee station in Oceanview and found none out in any of the stations. That was kind of a pet peeve of mine!

Only got one coffee from al Bacio this cruise, and it was a mocha, so can't comment on the caramel situation.

Had pillow chocolates every night though I left them all on my nightstand!

Internet was okay--for a ship--definitely far better than pre-system-improvement speeds.

Well, that was 4 months ago. We have experienced "Lisa-cuts" on every Celebrity cruise since she took over as CEO. The "Lisa-cuts" seem to be her gift to the customers....and it seems to be the gift that just keeps on coming :(.

Hank

We just got off the Equinox Jazz Fest cruise and wanted to let you know that we received chocolates on our pillow every single night, and we were in a standard veranda cabin. I think a few of your issues may have been your cabin attendant and not Celebrity. Maybe some others can chime in to get a better idea.

Well, that was 4 months ago. We have experienced "Lisa-cuts" on every Celebrity cruise since she took over as CEO. The "Lisa-cuts" seem to be her gift to the customers....and it seems to be the gift that just keeps on coming :(.

Hank

Sorry you have encountered so many cutback, but I haven't. It seems like other posters who cruised just last week also didn't have these cutbacks.

Just off the Silly a few weeks ago- to go cups always available in OVC, Carmel on my macchiato every day and even though we asked our cabin steward not to place chocolates on our pillows, they were there every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our experience on Eclipse in December were the same as yours, except I did see the to-go-cups in the OVC. We were in Concierge that cruise. Sounds like OP had a lazy stateroom attendant, which in my experience is very unusual on X. Every one we've had has gone out of their way to do all and more than we ask for.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Sailed the Reflection in Aqua in April. We received the sparkling wine day 1, and waited a few days to ask to have it opened and chilled. Chocolates every night on both our beds. (We split the beds up). We had the robe and slippers (but never used them). We received 2 different celebrity bags each, one which was very nice and thick and had a little purse inside. I can't comment on the coffee in OV, as I got all my coffee at Cafe el Bacio. Always had the white chocolate mocha and it was amazing! We had the unlimited internet and only had a problem logging in day 1, but from then on, it was great service!

Amazing cruise, amazing ship, amazing food and amazing experience! Our attendant was superb! The only thing I didn't like was the daily canapés, they were completely flavorless. But with all the food on board, we didn't care!

The overall food and service are most important, but sometimes the little things make a difference. I'm looking forward to bedtime chocolates and I know I'll speak up if I can't find the to-go coffee cups.

Has anyone recieved the sparkling wine lately?

We received the wine, slippers, chocolates every night, bags, cups, etc Not a problem.

Issues may be related to the cabin attendant.

Sounds like OP had a lazy stateroom attendant, .

In defense of our stateroom attendant he did get us a card holder and we didn't ask for the wine. We felt he was excellent and apparently X does also as he had 5 suites (PH included) and 5-6 AQ cabins. He took care of every request promptly; hangers, empty mini-bar, extension cord, having a broken faucet repaired and a TV that stopped working 3 times.

The Internet, to-go cups and al Bacio are others responsibility.

The overall food and service are most important, but sometimes the little things make a difference. I'm looking forward to bedtime chocolates and I know I'll speak up if I can't find the to-go coffee cups.

This why we cruise X. The chocolate, the leather card-holder, the sparkling wine, the to-go coffee cups, the blue bag, the internet, etc.

I'm not joking. I like some of them, don't care for others but i know some do. This is why those things ARE important.

After many cruises I have learned that once in awhile, for whatever mysterious reason, things are just "off" - sometimes it's a new department manager, staff at end or beginning of contract, supplies not being delivered , etc ...... hard to always know where the issue stems from.

We all save, plan and work hard to afford vacations so I understand when things aren't quite up to snuff the disappointments, but at the same time I recognize there is usually some force behind things and just try and go with the flow (unless there are SERIOUS issues) :cool:

After many cruises I have learned that once in awhile, for whatever mysterious reason, things are just "off" - sometimes it's a new department manager, staff at end or beginning of contract, supplies not being delivered , etc ...... hard to always know where the issue stems from.

We all save, plan and work hard to afford vacations so I understand when things aren't quite up to snuff the disappointments, but at the same time I recognize there is usually some force behind things and just try and go with the flow (unless there are SERIOUS issues) :cool:

Yep. And I think it's kind of jumping to conclusions to decide that the cause of this is cutbacks. :)

I suspect that every cruise has stuff that doesn't go perfectly. But a lot of the time it isn't stuff that affects me, or if it does affect me it doesn't bother me, so I don't really notice it. Like, honestly, I could not possibly care less about getting another card holder or blue tote bag or pillow chocolate or bottle of sparkling wine...so if they are missing, it won't affect my cruise at all. Internet speed and coffee availability do affect me, though, so I'd be bothered if there are problems with those. But everybody is different.

I guess if the weather was stormy with constant rain and 50 foot waves all cruise, that would likely cause disappointment for everyone onboard. Or, you know, if the ship loses all power and drifts for a couple days like that Carnival cruise a few years ago. But there are very few things that are going to bother everyone. :)

OUR EXPERIENCE ON SILHOUETTE - Easter Week 2017

We were in AQ and this time didn't recieve the leather like card holder. I asked the cabin attendant if they had stopped giving them out and he said "yeah, pretty much". A couple we met who were in Conciegre said they recieved a cheap cloth holder. We did get the tote bag and the white bag and slippers. Received both nice and cheap bag, along with slippers and note pad.

On our recent cruises we had experienced the sparkling wine was not in our cabin on arrival but the attendant said it would be delivered chilled when we wanted it. This time no sparkling wine & no mention from our cabin attendant that it was available. Our attendant asked us when we wouldlike it and brought it to us chilled, as requested.

They were no "to-go" containers for coffee in the OV cafe. Asked a crew member who said I haven't seen them in awhile but I"ll look and see if I can find one:o. We were able to get ToGo cups in OV and in the Hideaway.

Love Carmel macchiato but this cruise they stopped putting the fancy Carmel design on the top. Reason given- we can't do that when we are in the US:rolleyes:. Then at the end of the cruise there was no Carmel at all. Can't comment except that there wasn't consistency of ordering macchiato - every one tasted different - some sweet, some bitter, some perfect.

No chocolates at turn down for first 3 days then they appeared after I wrote a comment about the chocolates and the lack of "to-go" cups. Unfortunately no to-go cups ever appeared. We had numerous chocolates every night.

Don't know what the problem was but the Internet was horrible. We had unlimited internet and it kept kicking us off, could get to one site but then if you wanted to go a different site you got the "server can't be found message- comical when you are trying to get to the X website. Log-off, log back on to go from one thing to another. We didn't experience issues with internet, but went expecting dial up speeds.

Hope these were just unique to the Equinox

On a positive note the new Blu menu, in our opinion is a winner and the service was excellent as always.

The Equinox is in great shape and the crew was friendly and helpful.

The jazz fest itinerary was great and one they will hopefully repeat in future years.

There was more action in the Martini Bar than we have seen in our previous 16 X sailings.

Found the Gastropub to be a great place to have a drink and relax- wish the other ships had this venue in place of Cellar Masters.