Diamond Status questions

We will be cruising with Royal Caribbean next February on Allure. We have been given our Diamond Status due to being Elite+ on Celebrity. I understand that there is a diamond lounge that we can use each evening providing complimentary drinks and snacks. When I managed to get through to the loyalty department I was informed that we would receive vouchers daily for 3 drinks each.

On Celebrity we would only receive vouchers if there were too many Elite members sailing to use the lounge. I assumed this would be the case on Royal, but the young man told me that we also get vouchers?!

This would be very nice, but I think he is incorrect. Can any of you knowledgeable people on CC give me an answer. Also are there any extra perks that I have not seen on the web.

Thanking you in advance.

He is correct - you get lounge + vouchers. Vouchers can only be used during the same time that the lounge is open. Really designed for if he lounge is too crowded for your taste, or you're travelling with non-Diamond members and want or enjoy a drink with them out of the lounge

He is correct - you get lounge + vouchers. Vouchers can only be used during the same time that the lounge is open. Really designed for if he lounge is too crowded for your taste, or you're travelling with non-Diamond members and want or enjoy a drink with them out of the lounge

Ditto this and also the vouchers are limited to the same choice of cocktails that are available in the Diamond Lounge

You will receive a letter upon embarkation in your stateroom outlining all the Diamond benefits. The 3 vouchers will be loaded onto your seapass to be used at various locations on the ship between 5:00 and 8:30 in the afternoon. This is in addition to the unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

You will receive a letter upon embarkation in your stateroom outlining all the Diamond benefits. The 3 vouchers will be loaded onto your seapass to be used at various locations on the ship between 5:00 and 8:30 in the afternoon. This is in addition to the unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Just to add, the three vouchers that provide for drinks at lounges outside of the Diamond Lounge are only valid during the published cocktail hours for that ship. (which will either be 4:30 - 8:00 PM, or 5:00 - 8:30 PM - it will vary by ship and itinerary). They expire each night after that and cannot be accumulated - and are then re-loaded again on the following day.

I plan on having a drink or two in the DL...then using a voucher at the bar on my way into the dining room...maybe another leaving the table for a second during dinner (I understand you can't use them IN the dining room), then perhaps one after dinner, on my way to the show...It means I am not anchored to the DL for free drinks...

I plan on having a drink or two in the DL...then using a voucher at the bar on my way into the dining room...maybe another leaving the table for a second during dinner (I understand you can't use them IN the dining room), then perhaps one after dinner, on my way to the show...It means I am not anchored to the DL for free drinks...

Keep in mind the vouchers are not good for the entire evening. Vouchers can be used during the same time frame that free friends are offered in the diamond lounge.

^ so even if the bartender makes your drink at 8 PM but rings it up at 8:01PM, you'll get charged for it (assuming DL drink hours are 4:30-8).

Biker, who asked a bartender to ring up the sale before making the drink to be within the allotted time.

Keep in mind the vouchers are not good for the entire evening. Vouchers can be used during the same time frame that free friends are offered in the diamond lounge.

What I described keeps me within that 5:00-8:30 time frame...we typically eat between 6:15-8:15 or thereabouts, so that last drink on a voucher would come between around 8:15 to 8:30...I just don't have to hustle back to the DL...

We always order a fresh drink before leaving the DL to take to dinner with us without having to use our vouchers. By the end of a cruise, the servers in the DL know us and come to us 15 minutes or so before we leave to take our order!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just returned from the Harmony yesterday. The Diamond Lounge was relocated to Deck 4 in the same space as the Comedy club on the Oasis and Allure. DL on the Harmony was never packed, but did get a bit crowded just prior to the early and late dining room sittings. It seems that many of the Pinnacle and Diamond Plus folks are frequenting the new suite level amenities on Deck 17 and leaving the DL to the Diamond folks. The DL concierge said he had definitely seen an easing of the crowd with the new digs on Deck 17.

On the Allure last May, the DL was jammed. So jammed that we went once and returned three times during the week before we just quit. Why jammed? The upper level of the DL was being used to store serving carts! When we asked the DL Concierge, he said he had not control over that.

On the Oasis, last Dec., again we found the DL jammed... but... the concierge had the Jazz on 4 room opened for a overflow DL. We found the Pinnacle and Diamond Plus folks still used the regular DL and we Diamond folks frequented the overflow lounge. Not a problem with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It seems that many of the Pinnacle and Diamond Plus folks are frequenting the new suite level amenities on Deck 17 and leaving the DL to the Diamond folks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only pinnacles have access to the suite lounge. D+ do not have access unless they are staying in a full suite.

Only those ships that still have a Concierge Lounge instead of the Suite Lounge will permit access to that lounge for D+. As Ken correctly indicated, ships with a Suite Lounge will only allow C & A access to Pinnacle members. On those ships, D+ can only access the Diamond Lounge, not both, unless they are in a Grand Suite or higher as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

In the event it matters to you...we found the drinks in DL much more potent than ones ordered at Schooner Bar. I don't mind weak drinks but many people do. We did get wine on way to dinner a few times but mainly carried it with us from DL.

For those of us who are not drinkers, are these magic vouchers good for a soft drink at dinner time? Like the OP we are coming back to Royal from Celebrity as Elites there. Some one asked the OP why, for us the answer is we wanted this itinerary. It fits our needs and wants better than what Celebrity offers in this case so we will give Royal another try. Our last cruise with them, on the Allure four years ago was not so good.

We just returned from a transatlantic on board the Serenade. There were so many Diamond guests that the Safari Lounge was private for Diamond members between 5:30 and 8:30. There is a "special" drink menu for this happy hour. In other words, no Absolute vodka or top shelf alcohol, But the bartenders get creative and can make a great chocolate martini. :D