Tell us about the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Constellation

MVPinBoynton

Do you now have any cruises booked with Celebrity ?

When we we were seeking an Alaska cruise for next year. The first line I checked out was Celebrity. However they reduced all of their 10 day cruises to only 7 day. I found the Oceania 10 day itinerary RT out of Seattle and then discovered all the perks. Had they not reduced the length I probably would not have sought out another line.

Celebrities internet packages seem very expensive. Did they recently raise the rates? Accordingly, I will not buy the package at 259 US for a 10 day cruise but instead plan to connect in the ports instead. So for me and my Girlfriend we would have to pay over 500 bucks for on-board unlimited internet. Also, pre-cruise, Celebrity is only offering unlimited internet - no smaller packages. We may try Oceana or Viking in the future as their all inclusive deals are looking better and better.

Celebrities internet packages seem very expensive. Did they recently raise the rates? Accordingly, I will not buy the package at 259 US for a 10 day cruise but instead plan to connect in the ports instead. So for me and my Girlfriend we would have to pay over 500 bucks for on-board unlimited internet. Also, pre-cruise, Celebrity is only offering unlimited internet - no smaller packages. We may try Oceana or Viking in the future as their all inclusive deals are looking better and better.
$299 plus 22% Italian tax on our 10 night Mediterranean sailing. I can say this is for unlimited 'Xcelerate'. We had 90 free minutes and the service imho was no better than before this so called high speed internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$299 plus 22% Italian tax on our 10 night Mediterranean sailing. I can say this is for unlimited 'Xcelerate'. We had 90 free minutes and the service imho was no better than before this so called high speed internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. They need to rename the service Xasperate. Been online on ships for nearly 20 years and the latest improvement is marginal at best.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

But as long as people like you are willing to help Celebrity keep their prices inflated, I'll go where I find what I consider to be the better value.

IMG_1773_zpsxuxj3eho.jpg

B

IMG_1736_zpsu63vitpk.jpg

I don't book with them to help them inflate their prices.

Have I done something wrong to you? You sound you very angry at me or are you just angry at Celebrity based on the way you constantly whine about them .Did you book a solo cabin on you last Celebrity cruise to reach elite level in captains Club? Why to help them inflate their prices?

Edited by weregoingcruising
spelling

BTW they're not suites. Oceania has Kobe beef & Lobster everyday in their grill at no extra charge.

If you think Oceania has no extra charge Kobe Beef I have some ocean front property in Chicago I'll give you a great deal on.

I don't book with them to help them inflate their prices.

Have I done something wrong to you? You sound you very angry at me or are you just angry at Celebrity based on the way you constantly whine about them .Did you book a solo cabin on you last Celebrity cruise to reach elite level in captains Club? Why to help them inflate their prices?

Sry I guess I was being defensive. I felt I was being set up for an attack because the question singled me out. I suppose I am angry at Celebrity and very disappointed in the direction they've taken to cheapen the quality of the product while raising the cost. I really loved sailing Celebrity and felt I was being robbed of that experience. I sail for the enjoyment not necessarily the cheapest price. I'm having to find the value elsewhere just as I reached Elite status.

If you read my Equinox thread last December you see I was still very much enjoying Celebrity. I did that to reach Elite so my DW and I would experience that level on our January sailing and the upcoming Azamara to Europe. The ship was great although their food had taken a turn toward mediocre. It wasn't all at one time but after so many straws, I suppose this camel has left the proverbial tent for awhile. Maybe when Edge is released and they do more than 7 night Caribbean cruises I'll look again.

I realize to many, Celebrity is everything they like in a cruise line. That's great for them. A lot of people have moved up to Celebrity from their mass market lines but don't realize how really special Celebrity used to be. I just now consider Celebrity to have fallen to within spitting distance of the other mass market companies and that does make me angry as a passenger.

The new Top Deck Burger Bar is not about the "gourmet" burger. It's more about the direction of the cruise line. They didn't even remodel it to make it special. They just put lipstick on a pig so to speak. Moving several of the good brands of liquor from the Classic drinks package to premium is another example. I've been a serial entrepreneur. I'm just staying ahead of the curve again.

I do truly hope that they keep raising cruise prices and adding al a carte pricing while lowering quality standards and crew members assigned to the cabins and service. It will make my NCL stock more valuable. :D It certainly wasn't any good at getting shareholder benefits.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Sry I guess I was being defensive. I felt I was being set up for an attack because the question singled me out. I suppose I am angry at Celebrity and very disappointed in the direction they've taken to cheapen the quality of the product while raising the cost. I really loved sailing Celebrity and felt I was being robbed of that experience. I sail for the enjoyment not necessarily the cheapest price. I'm having to find the value elsewhere just as I reached Elite status.

If you read my Equinox thread last December you see I was still very much enjoying Celebrity. I did that to reach Elite so my DW and I would experience that level on our January sailing and the upcoming Azamara to Europe. The ship was great although their food had taken a turn toward mediocre. It wasn't all at one time but after so many straws, I suppose this camel has left the proverbial tent for awhile. Maybe when Edge is released and they do more than 7 night Caribbean cruises I'll look again.

I realize to many, Celebrity is everything they like in a cruise line. That's great for them. A lot of people have moved up to Celebrity from their mass market lines but don't realize how really special Celebrity used to be. I just now consider Celebrity to have fallen to within spitting distance of the other mass market companies and that does make me angry as a passenger.

The new Top Deck Burger Bar is not about the "gourmet" burger. It's more about the direction of the cruise line. They didn't even remodel it to make it special. They just put lipstick on a pig so to speak. Moving several of the good brands of liquor from the Classic drinks package to premium is another example. I've been a serial entrepreneur. I'm just staying ahead of the curve again.

I do truly hope that they keep raising cruise prices and adding al a carte pricing while lowering quality standards and crew members assigned to the cabins and service. It will make my NCL stock more valuable. :D It certainly wasn't any good at getting shareholder benefits.

Like :) and agree with most.

Hank

Is that because you think people will switch to NCL from Celebrity?

Do you both need to be on the Internet at the same time?

If not, just purchase one package and share it with only one of you signed in at a time.

Is that because you think people will switch to NCL from Celebrity?

No actually it was a typo that I didn't catch in time to edit but wasn't worth another post until someone mentioned it. It should have been RCL not NCL. However my CCL (43%) has been far out performing RCL (26%) which were purchased approximately the same time.

Although I will admit that RCL has come back like gangbusters after their 1st quarter reporting. That's the reason for my comment about them continuing to raise their prices and a la carte pricing. NCLH stock isn't worth me owning. It's non performing and the shareholder benefit is lower.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We agree about X, but are hanging in with Celebrity for a few more.....we are browsing Azamara for a future cruise. Thinking former X pax with shared expectations have moved there or to Oceana..also a possibility The base prices are higher but it seems there are more inclusions and less of a bar culture.

Moving on now to other topics..

I have an idea to possibly make Celebrity great again. Why couldn't they take a couple of their M class ships and do a cruise line within a cruise line. Dedicate those ships to the old service before the cuts. Add back the liquors that used to be in Classic but moved to Premium. Add back canned soft drinks and "can" the fountain idea. Include the Top Deck Burger Bar at no extra charge. Add back the servers and cabin attendants they reduced. Return to the quality food and presentation that used to be the hallmark of the Celebrity MDR. Give Aqua Class daily water. Add back everything people have been complaining about that were removed.

Then charge more for those cruises than the rest of the line. Why not position it mid-line between the current Celebrity and Azamara? I'm sure there will be enough people that will fill the ships.

Oh wait. I'm not so sure that will work after all. It seems they already raised their prices while they were cutting. Never mind. :D

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Wow, how disappointing. Eight pages into a thread that should be about - Tell us about the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Constellation - and I found maybe three posts that are on topic.

I get that people want to voice their support or displeasure about changes or talk about where they like to get a burger at home. However, could we all please do a better job of staying on topic. If someone can share some specifics about the new burger option(s) I would love to hear it. Thanks

Its posts like this that make me wish there was a like or kudos button. :D

I suspect this is how many feel about the current trend.