Tell us about the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Constellation

MVPinBoynton

Interesting, bet diners there do not pay several thousand dollars to "come on board".

We only have 1 M class cruise booked anyhow and seems S class not affected.???

I agree, but I can also see why they're not just serving up these dogs for no additional charge. I also don't understand why they're charging $5 for a quarter pound burger and $10 for 1/2 pound (wouldn't $5 and 7.50 make more sense?) The $5 choice seems okay. Maybe if I'm still hungry, I'd just order another.

Interesting, bet diners there do not pay several thousand dollars to "come on board".

We only have 1 M class cruise booked anyhow and seems S class not affected.???

So far it seems to be a trial run on the Constellation only.

I'm hoping it'll be as successful as the GastroBar on the Equinox (which was a once and done - they converted Cellar Masters on there then just added it to the Passport Bar for limited hours on the Eclipse, then gave up and that was it)

I am wondering if the TDBB now on Connie is actually a preview for Edge Class. Maybe it will go to other M-Class if successful on Connie. S-Class has gourmet burgers for a charge at Lawn Club. Nothing released yet on Edge Class restaurants.

On another note- wondering if the World's Best Bloody Mary and the Beer Flight on the TDBB menu for $10 are included in the drink packages?

Edited by TeeRick
typo

So this extra charge burger place, do you have to queue and wait for your order, then hopefully find somewhere to sit and eat it, or are you served at a table? If the former, are there more tables available at the new venue? I love the current Mast Grill, but it is sometimes impossible to find a table. I was never too concerned as it is an 'included in my fare' food place so I would carry it to somewhere around the pool deck to eat it, rather like in the buffet. I would not want to have to do that if I was being charged extra for the food. Can anyone tell me how it is?

So this extra charge burger place, do you have to queue and wait for your order, then hopefully find somewhere to sit and eat it, or are you served at a table? If the former, are there more tables available at the new venue? I love the current Mast Grill, but it is sometimes impossible to find a table. I was never too concerned as it is an 'included in my fare' food place so I would carry it to somewhere around the pool deck to eat it, rather like in the buffet. I would not want to have to do that if I was being charged extra for the food. Can anyone tell me how it is?

These are the type questions we are hoping to find out from people currently on the Constellation. From the posts we have seen so far, it sounds like it is the same Mast Grill setup, except with pay food.

Edge previews did show some type of grill place up top....,, i was assuming it will co$t extra....like Lawn Club Grill....waiting for more reveals.

From the Edge FAQs about the Rooftop Garden:

"The Rooftop Garden Grill, located under the sun, or under the stars, has a selection of the best burgers, brisket, or BBQ guests will find anywhere."

It sounds like a for fee venue to me too.

Folks are confusing the Mast Grill with the Pool Grill. The Mast Grill is on Deck 14 on the S-Class ships (Deck 15 on Reflection). The Pool Grill is on Deck 10 on the M-Class ships on the Pool Deck. That's the one that is being converted to Pay for Food.

From the Edge FAQs about the Rooftop Garden:

"The Rooftop Garden Grill, located under the sun, or under the stars, has a selection of the best burgers, brisket, or BBQ guests will find anywhere."

It sounds like a for fee venue to me too.

It probably is! Don't get it confused with the Rooftop Terrace on M class though. The later is not really about food.

I think on Edge the Rooftop Garden Grill is more like an equivalent to the Lawn Club Grille... without a lawn.

It probably is! Don't get it confused with the Rooftop Terrace on M class though. The later is not really about food.

I think on Edge the Rooftop Garden Grill is more like an equivalent to the Lawn Club Grille... without a lawn.

Yes, no grass....:)

celebrity-edge-cruise-roof-top-garden-night-2.jpg

From the March Celeb newsletter talking about the Rooftop Garden Grille..

"On Celebrity Edge, the Rooftop Garden is full of unexpected pleasures day and night. Find a cozy chair, sink in, and get lost in a good book. Sip a refreshing cocktail as you gaze out over the open ocean. Satisfy your cravings with gourmet burgers, brisket, and BBQ at the Rooftop Garden Grill...."

From the March Celeb newsletter talking about the Rooftop Garden Grille..

"On Celebrity Edge, the Rooftop Garden is full of unexpected pleasures day and night. Find a cozy chair, sink in, and get lost in a good book. Sip a refreshing cocktail as you gaze out over the open ocean. Satisfy your cravings with gourmet burgers, brisket, and BBQ at the Rooftop Garden Grill...."

Sounds good to me. Only 595 days to find out!

Still find it sad that a burger or hot dog is becoming a "specialty item" at extra cost. I can have an amazing "Lick's Homeburger" or an Alberta Angus beef 1/2 pound Fatburger Kingburger Supreme in a real burger joint for less than $9.95 (Canadian). Cruise prices seems to go up constantly and everything that is free is becoming extra. I'm starting to feel that cruise lines are taking the cheap flight operator approach to cruising. Next we will pay extra for some meals and suitcases we bring aboard. The first cruise I took (back in the early 90's) included everything except for (real) specialty dining. Then alcohol packages made their way into the extras, soon after that soft drinks etc... I don't think that a burger can be qualified as a specialty item.

You really shouldn't worry until they start charging for condiments.

Just announced, a new condiment package. The standard one is $2.00 per day and the premium condiment package, which includes Grey Poupon, is only $3.00 per day.

Do you now have any cruises booked with Celebrity ?

What difference does that make? I hit Elite two cruises ago and my last 14 day cruise disembarked in February. I have an Azamara Balkins cruise in August.

I've been looking for itineraries that appeal at a price we're willing to pay for what Celebrity delivers. Currently with the increase in prices and the dumbing down of the food, I've found Azamara and Oceania just a little bit more costly for a much higher quality experience. We've got two Oceania aft cabins to Alaska and the Panama Canal w/Cuba next year. They include the house select beverage package, free unlimited WiFi, four free specialty restaurant reservations & airfare. BTW they're not suites. Oceania has Kobe beef & Lobster everyday in their grill at no extra charge.

We'll probably do a last minute Xciting cruise if we find the right one at the right price. But as long as people like you are willing to help Celebrity keep their prices inflated, I'll go where I find what I consider to be the better value.

IMG_1773_zpsxuxj3eho.jpg

Bet you can cook your potatoes and carrots as well as they did.

IMG_1736_zpsu63vitpk.jpg

See if you can spot the JUMBO shrimp in this shrimp cocktail. BTW that's NOT a jumbo martini glass.

IMG_1735_zpsapwz3xox.jpg

Would you like fries with your "Gourmet" burger?

Edited by ChucktownSteve