Tell us about the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Constellation

MVPinBoynton

Hi, really quick update, we are on Connie at moment but I've only just gone on line today, it's a port intensive cruise and I've been enjoying myself too much. Hubby has been using internet and it works really well, he hasn't not had any problems and seems quicker than last time. Ship is lovely. The public areas look lovely after dry dock. Ill post a review when I get back but no complaints from us about how we've been treated and we were one of about 73 that made it to Grand Prix. Burger bar is a disappointment, we would pay for the burger but only if we felt it was an experience, I think they've missed a trick by making it just like the old mast grill and not 'sprucing up' the seating area or making it feel like speciality dining. It's also only open from 11 to 6. You can still get free burgers and hot dogs in the buffet. Hope this puts people's mind at rest that we aren't being told no updates, hopefully like us everyone else is just enjoying the time we have on board. Will come back from time to time to reply but won't be checking regularly, I'll post review when I'm back home.

Hi, really quick update, we are on Connie at moment but I've only just gone on line today, it's a port intensive cruise and I've been enjoying myself too much. Hubby has been using internet and it works really well, he hasn't not had any problems and seems quicker than last time. Ship is lovely. The public areas look lovely after dry dock. Ill post a review when I get back but no complaints from us about how we've been treated and we were one of about 73 that made it to Grand Prix. Burger bar is a disappointment, we would pay for the burger but only if we felt it was an experience, I think they've missed a trick by making it just like the old mast grill and not 'sprucing up' the seating area or making it feel like speciality dining. It's also only open from 11 to 6. You can still get free burgers and hot dogs in the buffet. Hope this puts people's mind at rest that we aren't being told no updates, hopefully like us everyone else is just enjoying the time we have on board. Will come back from time to time to reply but won't be checking regularly, I'll post review when I'm back home.

Thanks so much for the update. I thought that they would have tried to update the Mast Grill to make it appear to be a bit classier, so they could justify the charge.

But extremely expensive here in the UK :) The equivalent of $20 for a cheeseburger, fries and a soda. Tried it and not worth that IMHO, not that spectacular, well over here anyway.

I agree the question on Five Guys is always, Is it worth it? What you have listed above is still between $13 and $14 in the US and that is what you spend for better burgers at Wahlburgers or Shake Shack with table service. To me, that Five Guys order is similar to a Wendy's double combo that goes for about $9.

To me, most pool grills on cruise ships have very low quality burgers, even below McDonalds. So what are we going to get at Top Deck Burger for $10 for just burger and fries? At that price, I'd hope for at least as good as Shake Shack or Wahlburgers, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough. I'll try on in July on our one day at sea.

Heard back from our friends who are on the Constellation now.

"New info from friends who dined at Mast Grill today: Apparently, no more free burgers there. (Small, well done free burgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs are available at a grill station in the Oceanview buffet.)

At Mast Grill, 4oz burgers are $5, 8oz are $10. However, with no one ahead of them and 9 people behind the counter, it took 10 minutes to get their burgers. Staff didn't know what they were doing"

So it sounds like the new venue is not a big hit. It makes me glad that for the past 3 years burgers and hot dogs have been off my diet and will stay off so it is one less temptation, one less thing to cut into my chlorestorl allowance. Now if they take away the free ice cream, I am going to be very very unhappy.

Heard back from our friends who are on the Constellation now.

"New info from friends who dined at Mast Grill today: Apparently, no more free burgers there. (Small, well done free burgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs are available at a grill station in the Oceanview buffet.)

At Mast Grill, 4oz burgers are $5, 8oz are $10. However, with no one ahead of them and 9 people behind the counter, it took 10 minutes to get their burgers. Staff didn't know what they were doing"

So it sounds like the new venue is not a big hit. It makes me glad that for the past 3 years burgers and hot dogs have been off my diet and will stay off so it is one less temptation, one less thing to cut into my chlorestorl allowance. Now if they take away the free ice cream, I am going to be very very unhappy.

Probably about as big a hit as Bistro on 5 and Sushi on 5 -- always empty. I can't imagine anyone eating there unless they had lots of non-refundable OBC.

Wonder if the regular cabins have been refurbished at all and are there any comments on the food in the MDR? Thanks for any more onboard comments on the refurbishment - the indoor pool, etc.

I have tried Five Guys. Once. Almost the worst burgers I have ever eaten. The only burgers that are worst are In-and-Out. Neither could be considered "good". Cheap, perhaps. But certainly not good. If paying as low a price for food is your goal, then you have found your place. If quality food is the goal, not a chance!

In-and-Out is the Walmart of Burgers. Five Guys is the K-Mart of burgers. ;)

I still like Five Guys even better than Guy Fiero burger at his restaurant. Five Guys double patty with bacon, cheese, lettuce pickles raw onions tomatoes ketchup, mayonnaise.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

The menu looks good, somewhat similar to the Lawn Club Grill at lunch. I wonder how it will go over on Silhouette on Reflection, or if it won't be part of those whips. Also wonder how it will fit in to free specialty dining for royal suites and above. On our last cruise on Silhouette we were very disappointed in the Mast Grill.

All extra cost food venues, even stuff like gelato, are complimentary for RS and above so this will be the same. (The only exceptions appear to be the extra cost items on the menus within the specialty restaurants) On our next Celebrity cruise we will be in a Royal Suite so we'll try the burger bar then if they add it to Silhouette by January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All extra cost food venues, even stuff like gelato, are complimentary for RS and above so this will be the same. (The only exceptions appear to be the extra cost items on the menus within the specialty restaurants) On our next Celebrity cruise we will be in a Royal Suite so we'll try the burger bar then if they add it to Silhouette by January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Silhouette already has the Lawn Club where you can get the $10 burger for lunch. I doubt they will do anything to their Mast burger/hotdog venue. This new change seems to be only on the M-Class ships, I believe.

Silhouette already has the Lawn Club where you can get the $10 burger for lunch. I doubt they will do anything to their Mast burger/hotdog venue. This new change seems to be only on the M-Class ships, I believe.

The cost is $15 for the burger at lunch at the Lawn Club.

Silhouette already has the Lawn Club where you can get the $10 burger for lunch. I doubt they will do anything to their Mast burger/hotdog venue.

Never underestimate the decisions being made at corporate. They just might stop offering burgers at Lawn Club and turn it into a vegan dining venue for lunch. ;)

Never underestimate the decisions being made at corporate. They just might stop offering burgers at Lawn Club and turn it into a vegan dining venue for lunch. ;)

While that would be one consideration. Maybe this new restaurant theme would be more appropriate for the direction some people believe Celebrity's food is heading.

Modern%20Toilet_zps7wkct2qm.jpg

To steal a Larry the Cable Guy's line, "Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are."

Thanks for the update - we board Connie in Venice on Monday.

Wonder if the regular cabins have been refurbished at all and are there any comments on the food in the MDR? Thanks for any more onboard comments on the refurbishment - the indoor pool, etc.

Staffy has a thread showing before during and after indoor pool area

Probably about as big a hit as Bistro on 5 and Sushi on 5 -- always empty. I can't imagine anyone eating there unless they had lots of non-refundable OBC.

I imagine this new venue will be little used while Connie is in Europe these sailings being very port intensive, open 11 - 6 even with large OBC it will be in as much demand as Bistro/Sushi on 5. When I pass it seems to be more frequented by crew_maybe it's just me.

No doubt they would if they felt that changing it would be positive to the bottom line.

Stockholders must be cheering the results of recent decisions.

Hopefully this will open,

20170531_120108580_iOS.jpg?psid=1

Paying $5 for a bowl of custard (creme Anglaise) - or is this something different in the US?

So, considering the hamburgers that used to be included in your fare (I refuse to say free - I pay for my cruise!) are now $10, is the $5 custard what we used to get from the soft serve machine (also included) next to the Mast Grill?

:(:mad::(

So, considering the hamburgers that used to be included in your fare (I refuse to say free - I pay for my cruise!) are now $10, is the $5 custard what we used to get from the soft serve machine (also included) next to the Mast Grill?

:(:mad::(

Neither the burger or custard that you will receive for the extra charge will be anything like the burger or custar that you currently receive with your cruise fee.

Just curious from anyone who has ordered this burger if you are allowed to get it cooked the way you want to.

I wish someone would walk past the new venue and tell us if there is a pan of precooked gourmet burgers waiting for cruisers. Or are all of them cooked to order? That would be very telling.

Precooked food is a sign of lazy, uncaring cooks. Which is different than seeing a crowd waiting and putting fresh on to meet the current demand even before being ordered.

What they did in the old venue was precook a big batch of burgers even when no on was waiting or coming up.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Interesting what came up when googled Buckhead Kobe Beef Hot Dog. There is such a thing served up at the Buckhead Diner (Buckhead is the upscale part of the city of Atlanta and this comes from an Atlanta online magazine rating this dog as #1 in Atlanta) and here is the description:

1. Buckhead Diner:

American Kobe Beef Hot Dog ($11.50)

The high-end dog in the bunch, this one is a work of art. A quarter pound of kobe beef, nestled in a buttery potato roll, becomes the foundation for tart green tomato chowchow, bright red cherry peppers and creamy mustard aioli, perfumed with robust dark beer. Served by smartly uniformed waiters in the classic diner’s train car-style dining room, it’s a classy, grown-up way to enjoy a childhood favorite.

3073 Piedmont Road N.E.

Atlanta 30305

buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner

Interesting what came up when googled Buckhead Kobe Beef Hot Dog. There is such a thing served up at the Buckhead Diner (Buckhead is the upscale part of the city of Atlanta and this comes from an Atlanta online magazine rating this dog as #1 in Atlanta) and here is the description:

1. Buckhead Diner:

American Kobe Beef Hot Dog ($11.50)

The high-end dog in the bunch, this one is a work of art. A quarter pound of kobe beef, nestled in a buttery potato roll, becomes the foundation for tart green tomato chowchow, bright red cherry peppers and creamy mustard aioli, perfumed with robust dark beer. Served by smartly uniformed waiters in the classic diner’s train car-style dining room, it’s a classy, grown-up way to enjoy a childhood favorite.

3073 Piedmont Road N.E.

Atlanta 30305

buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner

Interesting, bet diners there do not pay several thousand dollars to "come on board".

We only have 1 M class cruise booked anyhow and seems S class not affected.???