Tell us about the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Constellation

MVPinBoynton

Five guys if definitely better that the Mast Grill. That said, the Mast Grill burgers were still good and I enjoyed them several times on my recent Reflection cruise. Lawn Club burgers were far superior and the warm chocolate cookie with ice cream desert was great. The combination of Mast Grill and Lawn Club is perfect. I hope this doesn't change on the Reflection.

Mast Grill is like In-&-Out or Five Guys, while Lawn Club Grille is like Red Robin, The Counter, or other gourmet burger places.

Oh, I am sooooo looking forward to the obligatory dissenting comments. :cool:

Mast grill is not even close to being as good as Five Guys!

I'm curious to hear if the Top Deck Burger Bar is on Deck 12 on the Connie and, if so what is in the area on Deck 10 where the Mast Grill was located. Or is the Top Deck Burger Bar - really a Deck 10 Burger Bar;)

The new Burger venue has replaced the Mast Grill.

On Deck 12 there´s the new roof top bar (no burgers) which has been installed on the other M class ships, too.

The new Burger venue has replaced the Mast Grill. On Deck 12 there´s the new roof top bar (no burgers) which has been installed on the other M class ships, too.

I'm confused. The M class ships have the "Pool Grill" on deck 10 aft of the pool, starboard side. That's the same deck that has the pool. The M class ship's pool bar is also on deck 10 forward of the pool, port side.

The S class ships have the "Mast Grill" on deck 14 port side. That's one deck above the deck with the pool. The Mast Bar is also on Deck 14 starboard.

Deck 12 on the Connie is the sports deck with no facilities. Your post doesn't make sense.

I'm confused. The M class ships have the "Pool Grill" on deck 10 starboard side. That's the same deck that has the pool.

The S class ships have the "Mast Grill" on deck 14 port side. That's one deck above the deck with the pool.

Deck 12 on the Connie is the sports deck with no facilities. Your post doesn't make sense.

It does make sense ;)

You might be right about the name on M class - Pool Grill / Mast Grill... . However, we are talking about the (formerly free) burger venue on the pool deck. It has been replaced / remodeled to "Top Deck Burger Bar" (= $). And yes, the name is confusing since it is not on the top deck but on the pool deck (10).

The new so-called Rooftop Terrace bar is on deck 12 all the way aft. A formerly empty spot on top of the deck 11 AQ staterooms which only had some loungers... even behind the sports court. They added this venue on the other M class ships as well. And that is no burger bar but a bar / movie / snack place. They have special nights like "Taste of Film" .

See here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-constellation

It does make sense ;)

You might be right about the name on M class - Pool Grill / Mast Grill... . However, we are talking about the (formerly free) burger venue on the pool deck. It has been replaced / remodeled to "Top Deck Burger Bar" (= $). And yes, the name is confusing since it is not on the top deck but on the pool deck (10).

The new so-called Rooftop Terrace bar is on deck 12 all the way aft. Formerly empty spot on top of the deck 11 AQ staterooms. They added this venue on the other M class ships as well. And that is no burger bar but a bar / movie / snack place. They have special nights like "Taste of Film" .

See here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-constellation

Thankx for the clarification. So they converted the current Pool Grill on 10 to Top Deck Burger Bar under the overhang. And added a bar to the (MUTS) movie venue which previously had no service.

Is it still basically the same grill configuration with a new name and more expensive burgers/hot dogs?

I was wondering why he would DIS Five Guys like that. They have good quality burgers.
But extremely expensive here in the UK :) The equivalent of $20 for a cheeseburger, fries and a soda. Tried it and not worth that IMHO, not that spectacular, well over here anyway.

Thankx for the clarification. So they converted the current Pool Grill on 10 to Top Deck Burger Bar under the overhang. And added a bar to the (MUTS) movie venue which previously had no service.

Is it still basically the same grill configuration with a new name and more expensive burgers/hot dogs?

Yes about the Burger Bar...

Not sure what you mean with "movie venue" - there was nothing there before on Connie. No screen, no nothing. Barely ever used...

Below there is a picture taken on Connie in March. Unfortunately it only shows a small piece...

Anyway, that is where they added the "Rooftop Terrace"

18-IMG_3215.jpg

Yes about the Burger Bar...

Not sure what you mean with "movie venue" - there was nothing there before on Connie. No screen, no nothing. Barely ever used...

Below there is a picture taken on Connie in March. Unfortunately it only shows a small piece...

Anyway, that is where they added the "Rooftop Terrace"

Sorry got the Summit and Connie mixed up. They had added the terrace previously to the Summit. So they must have just added it to Connie. Summit had the movie screen and loungers there but no bar service. You had to go down the back stairs to the sunset bar when I was on her last summer.

I'm guessing that if the Top Deck BB is successful on Connie it will be placed on other M-Class ships. Perhaps the need for gourmet burgers on S-Class is fulfilled by Lawn Club already. Maybe they keep Mast Grill on S-Class. So you can get a selection of burgers at TDBB for $10 bucks on M-Class vs $15 bucks on S-Class. But what can they possibly do with a hot dog at TDBB to charge $10? I'll be on Connie next week so I will find out.

I'm guessing that if the Top Deck BB is successful on Connie it will be placed on other M-Class ships.

It already was... Connie is (I think) the only one which did not have the venue yet.

I would assume it's frozen custard - which is essentially a type of ice cream with a higher milk fat content, giving it a creamier, smoother texture.

So I guess they're carrying 3 different kinds of ice cream on the ship? They still have additional-cost gelato and included hand-dipped ice cream in the Oceanview, correct?

Thanks for the clarification ;). Custard to me is the runny, hot sauce that is poured over warm desserts :).

Originally posted by TeeRick I'm guessing that if the Top Deck BB is successful on Connie it will be placed on other M-Class ships.

It already was... Connie is (I think) the only one which did not have the venue yet.

I think you are confusing the new Burger Bar with possibly the Rooftop Terrace.

Connie is the first ship to have the new "pay for burgers"

The Mast Grill is now the new Burger Bar.

During the May dry dock, the Rooftop Terrace was also added.

I think you are confusing the new Burger Bar with possibly the Rooftop Terrace.

Connie is the first ship to have the new "pay for burgers"

The Mast Grill is now the new Burger Bar.

During the May dry dock, the Rooftop Terrace was also added.

:D You are right of course!!! I thought TeeRick meant the Rooftop Terrace...

Boy, why call it Top Deck BB when it´s not on the Top deck... now it even got me confused LOL

Just to clarify:

Yes, Connie is the first ship to have the new pay-for Burger Bar.

I am with TeeRick, I also don´t think it will be the only one for long though...

Remember free Sushi at the buffet? They noticed a lot of people loved it. So no more free Sushi but "Sushi on Five".

A lot of people liked the free burgers at Pool Grill/Mast Grill - Top Deck Burger Bar appears...

I am the first in line saying a cruise line is no charity. They have to make money, yes.

However, constantly raising the cruise price and taking more and more popular free things away is starting to feel like a little needle here and a little needle there...

Edited by Miaminice

After hearing so much about Five Guys burgers, we finally had one.p, & wondered what all tge fuss was about. It was ok, but certainly nothing special. We like the Mast Grill burgers; tgey!re good, but nothing special. But tgey are very conveniently located by the pool, at least on M class. Taken away, its just another small step down by X in a long line of small steps down.

I was wondering why he would DIS Five Guys like that. They have good quality burgers.

I have tried Five Guys. Once. Almost the worst burgers I have ever eaten. The only burgers that are worst are In-and-Out. Neither could be considered "good". Cheap, perhaps. But certainly not good. If paying as low a price for food is your goal, then you have found your place. If quality food is the goal, not a chance!

In-and-Out is the Walmart of Burgers. Five Guys is the K-Mart of burgers. ;)

As I stated, the $15 also included a 'all you could eat' salad bar and complimentary dessert, so it wasn't just 'chips, cold beer and a burger'. Btw the beer wasn't included in the $15. But if you look at what is the proposed menu for the new gourmet burger joint, it'll be $9.95 for the burger, and $5 for dessert. Not much difference if my maths is correct $14.95.

IMO still not worth the cost. But then again it's all about choices. Never thought the price included the beer. Just was commenting beer, burgers and chips are yummy.