Diamond member traveling w/non Diamond

I am Diamond but my traveling companion is not. Will I have to go to the Diamond events without him?

That's what the rules say. Now, some will come on and say they have gotten non diamond cabinmates in, but it's only occasionally. So, you have to ask the concierge, but don't count on it.

Those in your cabin will have priority boarding rights. But other than that, the Diamond benefits are personal and not transferable. You could probably get the person in the Top Tier party. I have seen plenty of cruisers walk right in. For the Diamond lounge, they rarely allow non-Diamond visitors but certainly have on occasion. If not, at least you can share your three free drinks that are loaded on your card.

I am Diamond but my traveling companion is not. Will I have to go to the Diamond events without him?

I will have the same situation with my cousin on Anthem. She will not be able to participate in the Diamond lounge and other things and she is already aware of it. Where she is allowed (boarding/tendering/disembarcation) she will be with me.

RCL probably sees it as a motivation to attain Diamond level which will be painfully slow!:(

MARAPRINCE

Absolutely not, it is not mandatory for you to go to the Diamond events.

There is not Diamond Lounge on the MJ, the nightly Diamond cocktail hour is held in the Viking Crown Lounge. I would think that your friend could join you there but they might have to pay for their drinks.

No way to pay for drinks, the whole lounge is for Diamond event. They also check your sea pass card before you walk in. As bob said, use your sea pass loaded card and head to the Champagne lounge. happy cruising

No way to pay for drinks, the whole lounge is for Diamond event. They also check your sea pass card before you walk in. As bob said, use your sea pass loaded card and head to the Champagne lounge. happy cruising

That is NOT true on the MJ- The event is held in the Viking Crown Lounge. It is NOT a dedicated Diamond lounge. They have the ability there to charge you for your drinks. It is not the same as being in a dedicated DL or CL

Absolutely not, it is not mandatory for you to go to the Diamond events.

Like :D

Personally, even though I said above that the OP can ask, in my opinion, it's a perk that is attained through enough cruises to reach D and I would never put the concierge in that position by asking myself. We never set foot in a D event until we were actually D. As others have said, you have 3 drinks on your card and our experience is that you can use them for yourself and friends. I've never seen anything that says otherwise about the three sea pass drinks.

Any one know the proticall for diamond traveling with non diamond on the Majesty of the Sea?

The protocol is that you are welcome to use your three nightly vouchers at any bar on the ship except for the restaurants.

That is NOT true on the MJ- The event is held in the Viking Crown Lounge. It is NOT a dedicated Diamond lounge. They have the ability there to charge you for your drinks. It is not the same as being in a dedicated DL or CL

I agree with you Ellen. On previous cruises I have received permission to take the couple traveling with us to Diamond Lounge. They charged our seapass cards for the drinks they enjoyed. It may have been Monarch or Enchantment out of Port Canaveral. As someone said it depends on the person working the lounge. On Brilliance in April we witnessed someone being asked to leave who was with a Diamond member.

Grace

Took a first time cruiser with me into the Diamond lounge. She neither ate or drank anything and there were plenty of seats available. So I didn't feel like I was "cheating" the system.

Not sure which ship this was on, but every ship I have sailed, especially the last few years, has someone checking the Seapass cards at the door for every guest.

Occasionally people do ask the concierge to bring in a friend. Sometimes they may say ok, but more often the answer is no. It really puts the concierge in an awkward position. The lounge is for those who have earned it.

On the Majesty, as mentioned, there is no Diamond Lounge. So no daytime retreat, or continental breakfast, etc. It is just a sectioned off portion of the Viking Crown Lounge for the Diamond Event cocktail hours, but to me that is a prime spot for a cocktail lounge on a cruise. The rest of the VCL is open to anyone. If you are choosing to sit in the Diamond area and it is not a busy cruise, and are low key, I don't think you will have an issue. If it is busy and / or they ask your guest to leave, simply step over the rope and use your Diamond 3 free per night drink vouchers at the bar that is right there...

I've been in the Diamond lounge many times and have never seen anyone checking passes. My key gets me in the door.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, key gets you in the door of the actual small lounge. However, concierge is often sitting at his/her desk and will glance and welcome members. In the evening on my last several cruises when the Viking lounge/Cosmopolitan club is opened up for the evening cocktail party there is a staff member at the elevator/opening area of the floor checking Seapass cards. This has been my experience on the Navigator, Independence and Serenade over the last two years.

If you sail on Celebrity and share a cabin with a non-Elite......they get a card that allows them access to the nightly free drink event. On my only Celebrity cruise this non-Elite also got 3 drink coupons per night......which is not the norm.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk