princess playing games with sip and sail promotion

tommy47

But what does that [if true] have to do with anyone's judgment about whether the price they pay with the amenities they get = a good value? You seem to be up on a high horse that makes it impossible for you to enjoy any cruise because the cruise line might actually be making a profit off it.
Thank you! Well said. I will enjoy my cruise with my promo and the price I paid!

I have to agree to a point. My 10 day cruise is costing me $135 pp a day For room, meals and alcohol. In today's economy I don't know where I can vacation for less than that. I think we are all just spoiled by the $50-$100 a day fares that were so prevalent among all lines during the declining economic times 10 years ago.

$135 a day is a bargain. You get a room with a balcony, free meals, booze, entertainment and a cruise. Compare that to what you pay for a room in a upscale hotel - that's all you get is a room.

$135 a day is a bargain. You get a room with a balcony, free meals, booze, entertainment and a cruise. Compare that to what you pay for a room in a upscale hotel - that's all you get is a room.

Trust me I know. I have spent more a night for a modest hotel in a bad part of town.

Is it my imagination please help. I thought that I saw yeastrday that the pacific coast cruises on October 2018 and on April 2019 had the drinking package. Today I looked before calling my princess agent and these cruises had the red whit and blue only. Wes I wrong and this was the special all along or princess can change their promotions in a daily basis. We are kind of new to princess so please help. Thanks

Is it my imagination please help. I thought that I saw yeastrday that the pacific coast cruises on October 2018 and on April 2019 had the drinking package. Today I looked before calling my princess agent and these cruises had the red whit and blue only. Wes I wrong and this was the special all along or princess can change their promotions in a daily basis. We are kind of new to princess so please help. Thanks
Answered on the other thread; the S&S package is still offered. You may have been looking at a different date? But yes, Princess can change promotions according to their terms. If enough packages are sold on a specific sailing they reserve the right to limit them...one must read the T&C to know the limits.

I found this just now on the Princess site. I'm in NY so it could be different if you are on the West Coast.

a3cd79567f4a78138674399516214f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Iamcruzin

You are right I had to change the date. Plus even my princess agent didn't know. She wrote me it is a red white and blue but after posting the above I looked again and change the date and got what you did. Thanks any way, but you would think princess agent would know.....

Or maybe the cruise line had already included the S&S in the price of your cruise.

nope, had the cruise booked way before S&S came out. And got a great price to begin with for a balcony. And even if the price did include the price of the S&S, it is WAY less than it would have cost me to actually BUY the pkg for an entire week!

No, you are right and so is Mike. I did' change the date this morning so it gave me the red white and blue. What disappoint me is the princess agent who didn't even bother to look or know her work and I felt it before. I do need a new agent I felt it all along but not sure if the next one will be any better. With RRC and Celebrity I call the diamond and elite department and talk to any one. With princess this agent contacted me after we came back from our first cruise and I have been calling her. It's a plus when I call someone specific.

On the other hand, our April 2018 transatlantic did not increase one nickel, so I called and refared. Same cabin, same price, free booze.

So, it just depends on which cruise you choose. To me it's not amazing that they would raise some of the fares a bit when they include something of significant value. It's just marketing.

Jim

I too have been looking at an April 2018 translatlantic, for months now in fact. I regularly check the price or for any enticing sales. Finally sip and sail comes along! You can risk it and wait for a more enticing offer, or you can take what's given at a particular time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
for a 14 night cruise with the sip n sail promotion,how much would the obc be in lieu of the aibp? is it 150pp which is the same as a 7 night cruise of higher?

We got $250 pp for a 13-night

and $200 pp for a 10-night and 12-night

One of the fun things about reading these CC threads is they will often arouse my curiosity...as did this one on the Sip n Sail issue. So, Did some checking comparing our upcoming October 14 days on the Caribbean Princess with the same cruise in October 2018.

We booked the "Three for Free" sale - paid gratuities, free upgrade (declined), free on board spending money $300/cabin. Our price $2399/pp not including port charges and insurance. Checked this evening for that same cruise (same ship same 14 day itinerary, same stateroom on Caribe deck) with the now SnS sale, price $2864/pp and plus we'd have to pay $378 gratuities but would get a specialty dining voucher. So, did the price go up with the SnS...just a tad.

One of the fun things about reading these CC threads is they will often arouse my curiosity...as did this one on the Sip n Sail issue. So, Did some checking comparing our upcoming October 14 days on the Caribbean Princess with the same cruise in October 2018.

We booked the "Three for Free" sale - paid gratuities, free upgrade (declined), free on board spending money $300/cabin. Our price $2399/pp not including port charges and insurance. Checked this evening for that same cruise (same ship same 14 day itinerary, same stateroom on Caribe deck) with the now SnS sale, price $2864/pp and plus we'd have to pay $378 gratuities but would get a specialty dining voucher. So, did the price go up with the SnS...just a tad.

I am not sure of your conclusion. Had you checked the price in the week or two before SnS sale? The price may already have been higher than what you paid due to supply and demand.

• 11 months later...

First, just let me explain that we are Princess Cruise Platinum Members. We live in Boston, Ma. and would just love to go to Black Falcon Pier and sail...no flights anywhere. Alas, Princess does not sail out of there, for reasons, they cannot honestly explain. Therefore, we booked a 14 day Cruise out of Boston and back with NCL and chose their "free booze package". Feeling elated until our Travel Agent told us it was going to cost us approximately $500.00 added to our Cruise price to do so because NCL said we had to pay the 20% tip as people would get the package and not tip the bartender...What????? Highway robbery..Why not just put the 20% tip for each drink on our bill? The previous year we took a Princess 15 day cruise out of CA to Hawaii and back. Our bar bill was less than $500.00 without the free package. Does this happen with Princesses Sip & Sail??

Like you, we also don't value the Sip+Sail at $57 a day. Princess does give you the option of $150 per passenger in OBC, for a 7 day cruise.

Not on my upcoming cruise they don't!!! I called and was specifically told that there was no option of OBC instead of the "free" booze. If you are not a drinker like me, I would have loved to refare for the $150pp OBC!

Pooh

If what I think I am seeing is correct... We booked a cruise on the Regal for later this year, with the Sip-and-Sale when it was offered last year. The very same cruise, for next year, with the current Sip-and-Sail pricing is just slightly lower than the published fare from when we booked last year. I guess you just never know... But, not ALL pricing is increasing every year.

We would not usually book with Sip-and-Sale, or purchase the drink Package.

Yes, it is $$$ !

But, we decided we did want to splurge and do this on our one next cruise.

With our current booking, there would have to be some very serious price drop/promo's in order to make the total cost less than the lower fare, and adding the drink package.

I have never heard of getting a promo like this without paying some amount more.

Now, that would be nice!!!!

I understand what you are saying.

I just feel the prices have been inflated for the last year anyway as well as pre AIBP package and as noted by tommy47 some cruises actually increase in price when the AIBP is added.

We have had this promo several times in the past and it's gone both ways.

If one is happy with their original cruise purchase price then it's a win win for sure.

Princess will get their $$ for the "free" packages one way or another.

Yes drinks are on me. Oh yeah if there is a limit I may have to rethink that. :o

During the last Sip and Sail we had booked waaaaay early and the prices didn't go up when the sail came out. We were quite pleased. This time though... We booked early again. We booked a spendy 12 day Search for the Northern Lights. We booked a balcony and figured they were already charging so much for the cruise that it might not go up when the promo came out. HOLY COW! The Landmark Sale came first. Great! $1,000 OBC for out cabin. However, the price went up $1,200. D'Oh! Not cool. When they changed to the Sip and Sail the price didn't go up but, as I said, it was already $500 per person more for the same cabin. Wow! What a "deal"! No thanks. If I'm not getting the Sip and Sail then to heck with it. I downgraded the cabin to a Premium Ocean View. Saved $1,400 off of what I had previously paid and will use that for drinks. I only wish I had done the downgrade when they had the Landmark Sale as I would at least have gotten OBC. Perhaps when the 3 for Free comes out they won't raise the prices any higher and I can "take advantage" of that "sale".

Edit: GAH! Duped into responding to another OLD thread that has been revived. Sigh...