Electric kettle confiscated?

suebee53

A friend wants to make her own pour-over coffee in her cabin. She found an electric kettle on Amazon for heating water and is asking if that would be okay. I've never had problem with security confiscating my low-end plastic hot pot, but I don't know if an electric kettle would make it through security in her checked bag.

Has anyone had any problems with an electric kettle on Carnival?

A friend wants to make her own pour-over coffee in her cabin. She found an electric kettle on Amazon for heating water and is asking if that would be okay. I've never had problem with security confiscating my low-end plastic hot pot, but I don't know if an electric kettle would make it through security in her checked bag.

Here is a listing of Carnival's prohibited items:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/~/carnival-cruise-line-additional-prohibited-items%2C-exemptions-and-other

Room service will deliver carafes of hot water

Some will keep the carafe and fill it up on the Lido when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your friend can carry a nice big lidded cup that keeps liquids hot/cold and fill it at the drink stations on board with the hot water meant for tea. She might consider plastic bags for grounds disposal as the trash cans in the rooms have no plastic liner. Be considerate of the room steward. Or just drink that stuff made from syrup like I'm planning to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing that your "low end plastic [emoji33]hot pot" has slipped by security - which concerns me greatly. If it has a heating element that sounds like a fire waiting to happen!

No one should be taking an sort of prohibited item onboard - especially one with a heating element that could catch fire. This is serious business! A fire at sea is nothing to take a chance with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is with the recent rash of threads lately by folks looking to skirt the rules? I can't believe everyone is that daft and hasn't looked at Carnival's site or done a simple google search before popping on here for an ask.

I don't think it's a recent development. Back in Dec of 2013 I made a list of rules that posters were questioning then and it was fairly lengthy.

CC mods didn't appreciate my sarcasm and I received a warning letter for being "disruptive to the community".

Not allowed.

Tell her to order a pot of hot water from room service if she just can't live without brewing her own.

What is with the recent rash of threads lately by folks looking to skirt the rules? I can't believe everyone is that daft and hasn't looked at Carnival's site or done a simple google search before popping on here for an ask.

I don't for one minute think most of the people on here don't look at the website, they more than likely feel the rules don't apply to them. How many times have you read that "Rules are made to be broken?" If you question these people, then it gets to the old argument haven't you ever gone above the speed limit?

Anything can be rationalized and justified and the rules breakers take it to the limit. They are far more important than you or I.