Non-Refundable Deposit

Can I change categories without a change fee if I book a NRD fare? Sometimes I have booked an inside and later there was such a price drop that I changed to a balcony, if I do this, will I incur a fee?

Thank you

ML

No fee for changing categories. The change fee is triggered by changing ship and/or sail date.

Yes, correct. RCCL will assess a change fee on NRD if you change either the ship and/or sail date. No change fee will be assessed upon swapping between category types on the same ship and sail date providing you stay with NRD fare.

No change fee will be assessed upon swapping between category types on the same ship and sail date providing you stay with NRD fare.

I don't believe there would be a fee for changing to a refundable fare either, though not sure why anyone would do that.

I don't believe there would be a fee for changing to a refundable fare either, though not sure why anyone would do that.

Apparently not allowed. Once you book under NRD, it must remains NRD for the life of your reservation regardless of subsequent fare program adjustments.

I am not sure one would be able to move from nrf to refundable. Anyone who would want to cancel would just do that and would hence cancel the purpose of the cruise line benefitting from nrf.

I am going to be interested in tracking prices over time, depending on how much prices go up, what might make the most sense is to book the refundable rate far out, and then if the NRD rate is still cheaper than your original rate closer to final payment date, switch then.

So far we've only had to cancel one cruise, and that was because of an unexpected job change. Now we almost always get travel insurance with cancel for work reason coverage. As long as the price isn't too insane, I will likely opt for the refundable still, but if the difference is more than a few hundred per person will probably just do the non-refundable. Flights we always do non-refundable, but don't book them as far in advance

I have a cruise booked with a $100 deposit -- made on board. What happens if I flip the booking number to a different ship and sailing? Can my deposit still be only $100 or do I have to add $400?

If you change to another ship/sailing at the refundable rate, then you don't have to add to the deposit. If you switch to a non-refundable rate, then you have to pay full deposit.

I just don't get it, how can a cruise line justify keeping a huge deposit while not providing any service in return...the ship suffers no loss, they will sell the cabin again?

Welcome to the world outside of NA where that's been the policy forever.

I just don't get it, how can a cruise line justify keeping a huge deposit while not providing any service in return...the ship suffers no loss, they will sell the cabin again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We don't necessarily know that. They may have to take a lower price, offer incentives, etc...

Or they might make more money. Who knows.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Technically they are not keeping the huge deposit. They keep $100pp and you get the rest of the deposit as a future cruise credit that you have a year to use on another sailing.

Simple. You agree to the NRD term at your own free will. Justification is neither needed nor required. Not cruise line's fault if you don't make it to the cruise and lose your $100 pp deposit.

Because they're offering to hold a room for you at a lower cost than if you had a refundable deposit. The "service" they're offering you is the hold on the room, and they're giving you a discount as a trade off for you agreeing you won't cancel. If you break that contract, you pay a penalty. It's fair. I wouldn't book non-refundable though, as long as there's an option, I'll pay the higher price in exchange for the flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked with the NR clause because on my cruise the saving was substantial. Even If I cancelled, I would be $200.00 ahead on my next cruise. That's for 2 @$100.00ea.

As long as your next cruise is within a year of when you cancel.

For me personally, I am loving it. I have save a lot on our cruises b/c of this option. And what is really nice is getting OBC on short cruises again, which has not happened in a long time.

99.9% of the time, when I book a cruise it is set in stone, we know for sure we are going, so the lower price and OBC with the NRF is great.

We booked in a junior suite for next May on an European cruise. The refundable price was $500.00 more. I could not believe it was that much cheaper.

In many cases the old refundable rate was similar to the new NDR rate, so in reality it is the new refundable rate that is that much more expensive.

In many cases the old refundable rate was similar to the new NR rate, so in reality it is the new refundable rate that is that much more expensive.

For sure. But for those of us that know when we are going to cruise and don't cancel/change our cruises, this NR is working great. Like I said before, for so long short cruises received no OBC, now with the NR you get OBC plus a lower price, so works for me

For sure. But for those of us that know when we are going to cruise and don't cancel/change our cruises, this NR is working great. Like I said before, for so long short cruises received no OBC, now with the NR you get OBC plus a lower price, so works for me

Are they giving substantial OBC? Or is it just the usual $50-$100?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums