refundable vs. nonrefundable clarification?

Wouldn't a refundable rate be higher than a nonrefundable rate? I have a quote from my TA that is just the opposite. Also, if you have a refundable rate, can you move the reservation to a different cruise with no charge, except whatever price difference there may be, as we used to be able to do?

Thanks. Anyone know about the transferring part of my question?

The refundable fare should have the same conditions as before the NRD was introduced - move it as much as you want without penalty.

Am I correct that anything JR Suite and above is now NRD only??

I didn't think that was the way it was supposed to be, and am hoping their website is exhibiting a rare malfunction in not showing a refundable option for the JS.

Wouldn't a refundable rate be higher than a nonrefundable rate? I have a quote from my TA that is just the opposite. Also, if you have a refundable rate, can you move the reservation to a different cruise with no charge, except whatever price difference there may be, as we used to be able to do?

The refundable rate is the old rate, nothing has changed, you can move it around like you use to. And yes, the refundable rate is the higher rate, Nonrefundable is the lower rate.

Carla

I didn't think that was the way it was supposed to be, and am hoping their website is exhibiting a rare malfunction in not showing a refundable option for the JS.

Believe it is an IT problem - go figure!!!

Actually on cruisingpower, the TA site, it shows a refundable rate for all the Suites. However, the difference is so great, especially on GS and above, don't think anybody would book the refundable rate! JS's the difference looks to be from $200-$600+, GS difference $1000+ and have seen a few OS with a difference of $3000+.

Carla

I use another website instead of Royal's to check prices as it's easier to navigate and see the cabins that are available.

This website shows the nonrefundable Junior suite prices and the refundable Junior suite prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use another website instead of Royal's to check prices as it's easier to navigate and see the cabins that are available.

This website shows the nonrefundable Junior suite prices and the refundable Junior suite prices.

Thanks for this info.:)

I book with Costco travel and no fee until you pay! They have shore excursions there also!

I recently checked this new plan out, and its actually quite a savings. I'd definitely use the lower non-refundable rate. I might end up liking this deal.

Well, that's exactly what they want you to think.

On the cruises I've checked, before, and then after the new rules took effect, the price went up significantly for the refundable rate. It's a surcharge, not a savings.

On the cruises I've checked, before, and then after the new rules took effect, the price went up significantly for the refundable rate. It's a surcharge, not a savings.

That very well could be, it's Royal Caribbean afterall. You're mostly likely correct. I love Royal but they are really crazy with all this fare stuff and fake sales. I don't fly but this is what it sounds like when you buy a plane ticket these days.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I book with Costco travel and no fee until you pay! They have shore excursions there also!

Curious - where do you see shore excursions? Outside of Alaska I don't see anything, but haven't been to their site much.

Prices may be up, but in the end, it is all supply and demand. If they are selling rooms at the higher rate, then it is warranted. They are taking a bet that people that want the full flexibility will either pay the higher rate or go elsewhere. They would rather have people not booking an changing rooms all the time.

I have a question regarding the nonrefundable rate.

If you purchase travel insurance and have to cancel for a valid reason, is it still nonrefundable?:confused:

I think the travel insurance doesn't come into play until after the final pay date.