Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

Never heard that flip flops were not permitted in the MDR, or any other dining venue.

M

The head waiter on Freedom in June told me on casual nights they cannot stop people going in to MTD in shorts and tee shirts so if they don't police the dress code notice at the entrance then so be it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I read this as the staff member would have a letter in their file because the passenger complained about being confronted by him/her.

Exactly. Rtazz doesn't understand English. It is the staff person that will suffer by trying to enforce the dress code that is clearly printed, in bold, every day on the Compass.

Didn't Royal change the dress code to allow shorts in MDR? On our recent Oasis cruise their were a lot of people wearing them. We were next to a table of 4 all wearing shorts. They were complaining how cruising has changed. In my humble opinion, if you want to go to dinner in shorts, stay home it's cheaper. If you want to dress like you are going to TGI Fridays, expect to be feed like TGI Friday.

IMHO, most of the food served at Fridays is way better than anything I have recently had in the MDR.

We sailed Adventure of the Seas in March and there was an announcement made the first evening that "No shorts are allowed in the dining room. I repeat, no shorts. If you come to the dining room in shorts, you will be asked to change". It was a very firm announcement.

That's the first time I've heard anything like that.

We sailed Adventure of the Seas in March and there was an announcement made the first evening that "No shorts are allowed in the dining room. I repeat, no shorts. If you come to the dining room in shorts, you will be asked to change". It was a very firm announcement.

I'm curious if they actually followed through and denied entry for those in shorts.

I'm curious if they actually followed through and denied entry for those in shorts.

There was plenty in shorts on Freedom in June.

When i booked Independence yesterday for May 2018 i was told by my TA they are putting in inside promenade balconies as well as revamping Windjammer in March.

Have you heard anything Bob?

There was plenty in shorts on Freedom in June.

When i booked Independence yesterday for May 2018 i was told by my TA they are putting in inside promenade balconies as well as revamping Windjammer in March.

Have you heard anything Bob?

I've not seen any official RC announcement about plans for Indy's dry dock.

Was it enforced for women also?

I've not seen any official RC announcement about plans for Indy's dry dock.

My TA asked me what i thought about promenade balconies because she is going on Independence in April after the refurb and had an option​ to go in one.

It will be interesting to see these developments.

My TA asked me what i thought about promenade balconies because she is going on Independence in April after the refurb and had an option​ to go in one.

It will be interesting to see these developments.

If you talk to your TA in the next few days, ask for a stateroom number for one of the promenade balconies.

Horay for RCCL, but I'll bet a lot of people ignored the announcement, some people just do what they want regardless of rules.

rcl daily planner states,"bare feet, shorts pants, and tank tops are not permitted at dinner". when rcl changes this then this issue will go away, until then this should be enforced. if it is not i would suggest a comment to the dinning room manager. if he refuses to support his staff and does not stop those refusing to adopt to the dress code by offering them to go to the Windjammer or room service, i suggest you send an email to rcl in miami, se rcl website for link. anyone on the explorer can ask the dinning room manager, if he is still there, DINC, how he liked getting a call from Mr. Michael Bagley in Miami recently.

This has not been the case on any cruise I have been on. The 1st night is usually the most lax of any night as everyone has not received their luggage by the time the early meal starts which has usually been my case. I have worn shorts on the 1st night of every cruise but have worn slacks and polo shirts the rest of the nights with the exception of formal nights which we have traditionally dressed up with me wearing a suit and have brought along a different **** and tie for both nights. The wife has usually worn cocktail type dresses. Our next cruise in October however we have deemed our chill out cruise as we are not planning excursions and just want to enjoy our first time on Oasis class. We have talked and this cruise will be no suit and no cocktail dress but I am considering just a shirt and tie on formal nights or maybe no tie and the wife will be in slacks and blouse more than likely! :cool:

Some class would be nice. Or not.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

You are assuming class comes with clothing other than shorts.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

BTW...I am NOT calling the people wearing shorts pigs. Other people...well, I'll let others decide of the description fits any one group.

• 4 weeks later...

We were just on Liberty out of Galveston and saw shorts and even ball caps in mdr. Yet my brother was told to wear an appropriate shirt in the buffet because he was wearing a sleeveless (not tank-top) shirt! I don't really care what the dress code is, but it needs to be enforced more consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very odd announcement. Very strange & proactive announcement. One I have never heard before on any cruise.

This did NOT occur on my Adventure cruise.