Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

I've been reading the various comments and it made me wonder if there has been anything of value or has any of the posts been helpful, other than letting people vent?!? I am amazed at how critical and condescending some posts are. It truly saddens me. I know it's part of CC....but is it necessary???

I've been reading the various comments and it made me wonder if there has been anything of value or has any of the posts been helpful, other than letting people vent?!?

I am amazed at how critical and condescending some posts are. It truly saddens me.

I know it's part of CC....but is it necessary???

No; It's not necessary. It's a distraction from the real world.

Your quote... Mostly I believe this is different because we consider going on a cruise as going to our "happy" place.

Just go back to FOX or MSNBC News and you should be happy.

Edited by $hip$hape

I've been reading the various comments and it made me wonder if there has been anything of value or has any of the posts been helpful, other than letting people vent?!? I am amazed at how critical and condescending some posts are. It truly saddens me. I know it's part of CC....but is it necessary???

Don't worry be happy.:D

Well the reason why RCI is not enforcing the clothing rules is fault of the "other" cruisers!

If 50-100 cruisers would order the Maitre D to their table every night to ask why he is NOT enforcing the written RCI policy in his dining room......that would sure get his attention...and is embarrassing to him...over and over...

I would also let him know (and do it) that he dining-room score on the survey just went to 0 and he will be mentioned for not enforcing RCI policy.....that will eventually get some attention in Miami if enough cruisers do it!

So it is YOUR fault if - you let them get away with it!

I don't expect anyone to wear suits but put on a pair of long pants, or, go back to Carnival.

Isn't this a little 'below the belt'. Have you ever been on Carnival?? We have and see very little difference between the pax on CCL and RCI, nor much difference in their manner of dress at anytime or anywhere on the ship!! Neither cruise lines seems to enforce their dining policies either.

Well the reason why RCI is not enforcing the clothing rules is fault of the "other" cruisers!

If 50-100 cruisers would order the Maitre D to their table every night to ask why he is NOT enforcing the written RCI policy in his dining room......that would sure get his attention...and is embarrassing to him...over and over...

I would also let him know (and do it) that he dining-room score on the survey just went to 0 and he will be mentioned for not enforcing RCI policy.....that will eventually get some attention in Miami if enough cruisers do it!

You better just go ahead and mark that survey 0 then. It will be throw away with the rest of the unreasonable 0's.

Folk were turned away from MDR on our recent cruise for shorts in the MDR.

Personally, I've no problem with folk wearing whatever's comfortable (within reason - no budgie smugglers, for example) but it's a possibility you'll be turned away.

I'm on Freedom at the minute. Absolutely anything goes in the dining room. It's my first time on Royal in 24 years and I'm honestly surprised at how casual the ship is. I haven't packed suitably as I feel too 'dressed up'. I don't have a problem with it as everyone seems happy and enjoying themselves , however, I don't feel the surroundings of the dining room suit the dress being worn. Anyhow, cruising has changed and the dress code has too! It's up to the cruise lines now to decide where they stand. The lines are very blurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously? This is how you vacation? I just got off the Adventure, having dined in the MDR every night (yes, wearing long pants). Other than noticing a smartly dressed father and son in tuxedos or an attractive woman or two in a nice gown, I hardly noticed what anyone else was wearing. I guess I was just too busy enjoying the food and service and company of my traveling companions - and enjoying my vacation - to care!!!

I'm on Freedom at the minute. Absolutely anything goes in the dining room. It's my first time on Royal in 24 years and I'm honestly surprised at how casual the ship is. I haven't packed suitably as I feel too 'dressed up'. I don't have a problem with it as everyone seems happy and enjoying themselves , however, I don't feel the surroundings of the dining room suit the dress being worn. Anyhow, cruising has changed and the dress code has too! It's up to the cruise lines now to decide where they stand. The lines are very blurred.

Freedom is sailing the Med. We will be on her in September. I bet it is because of the extensive port days.

Seriously? This is how you vacation? I just got off the Adventure, having dined in the MDR every night (yes, wearing long pants). Other than noticing a smartly dressed father and son in tuxedos or an attractive woman or two in a nice gown, I hardly noticed what anyone else was wearing. I guess I was just too busy enjoying the food and service and company of my traveling companions - and enjoying my vacation - to care!!!

Well said - that's gotta be the point...

You know what I hate??? It's those people that come into the windjammer dressed in slacks and polo shirts and dresses while I am trying to enjoy my food in my flip flops, tank top and shorts! It ruins the whole atmosphere for me. If you want to wear that other stuff go to the MDR and leave the Windjammer to us folks that want to be super casual! :rolleyes:

So why is it that people can eat around people in shorts in any other setting except the MDR???? Why is it that the MDR is the only place that your meal is ruined when you see people in shorts???

We were recently on Anthem and having dinner at Wonderland and a 16-17 year old walked in wearing a tank top, shorts, baseball cap and sunglasses. He wore the cap and glasses the entire dinner.

We live in S Florida and in most restaurants that are comparable to the dining room men will wear nice shorts and a collared shirt.

We were recently on Anthem and having dinner at Wonderland and a 16-17 year old walked in wearing a tank top, shorts, baseball cap and sunglasses. He wore the cap and glasses the entire dinner.

We live in S Florida and in most restaurants that are comparable to the dining room men will wear nice shorts and a collared shirt.

Was he still wearing the tank top and shorts for the entire diner?:rolleyes:

You know what I hate??? It's those people that come into the windjammer dressed in slacks and polo shirts and dresses while I am trying to enjoy my food in my flip flops, tank top and shorts! It ruins the whole atmosphere for me. If you want to wear that other stuff go to the MDR and leave the Windjammer to us folks that want to be super casual! :rolleyes:

So why is it that people can eat around people in shorts in any other setting except the MDR???? Why is it that the MDR is the only place that your meal is ruined when you see people in shorts???

Except for formal night people should wear whatever they want to with no judgements from anyone else.

For formal night people should make an effort to at least be smart casual.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Except for formal night people should wear whatever they want to with no judgements from anyone else.

For formal night people should make an effort to at least be smart casual.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Please let me know when Royal Caribbean decides to start making an effort on formal night again and will take your instructions into consideration.