Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

Not really. Every argument in favor of shorts in the MDR equally supports swimsuits in the MDR or even full nudity.

1. It's hot in the Caribbean!

2. It's my vacation, I'll wear what I want!

3. Just ignore whatever anyone else is wearing!

4. If you're that upset about what other people are wearing, them problem is you, not them!

We see these arguments raised all the time on these boards. If one accepts these arguments, there is no valid reason why one wouldn't also accept swimsuits in the MDR.

At the end of the day, however, it's irrelevant. RCI doesn't bother to enforce its "suggestions" in 99.9% of cases. Thus, there is no MDR dress code on RCI.

Agree RCI doesn't enforce it's "suggestions" in dining venue's....however...You can bet if it came to nudity in any public space they certainly would ;p:D

:rolleyes:

Every so often someone takes a pretty good argument, takes it a step too far and their whole point is wasted.

I'll wait to be convinced that shorts are OK but swimsuits are not based on something other than personal preference or appeals to what's "classy" or "appropriate."

:rolleyes:

Every so often someone takes a pretty good argument, takes it a step too far and their whole point is wasted.

Did I just hear the sound of a "flush" :'):')

If the "Dress Code" isn't enforced, why in the world would either of those be easier?

I guess it comes down to the "screw you, it's my cruise -- I'll wear what I want" mentality. :eek:

Not really. Every argument in favor of shorts in the MDR equally supports swimsuits in the MDR or even full nudity.

4. If you're that upset about what other people are wearing, them problem is you, not them!

We see these arguments raised all the time on these boards. If one accepts these arguments, there is no valid reason why one wouldn't also accept swimsuits in the MDR.

At the end of the day, however, it's irrelevant. RCI doesn't bother to enforce its "suggestions" in 99.9% of cases. Thus, there is no MDR dress code on RCI.

Well said. I always like when people basically say "I don't care what anyone wears to the MDR as long as they don't wear xyz!" with 'xyz' being whatever they don't like.

Edited by time4u2go

Really bad punctuation bothers me, but that's totally my problem. I'll choose not to look.

You stole my thunder. :(

I am more upset by the poor spelling, punctuation and grammar on this website than about shorts in the dining room.

Really interesting one! I think realistically you'll be fine :-)

Luckily you're not going on Cunard or I wouldn't risk it at all! Haha... the people on Cunard love their dress code.

If you fancy a laugh check out this article on the topic... http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/05/04/guest-post-wearing-shorts-mdr/

Such controversy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why in the hell would I ever pack a suit/long pants for a cruise to hot tropical destinations!?!? Never have never will.

If you've got a problem with khaki shorts and a decent shirt, then it's exactly that. Your problem.

I've always worn khaki shorts, to the MDR and even Chops and Giovanni's. No one has ever said a word

Your #1 has some validity to it. The Caribbean is indeed a more laid back region of the world and dressing up for prom night actually just doesn't fit into the area of vacation.

Your #2 is truly a selfish notion and has no place in any adult world.

Your #3 is no fun. Admiring and enjoying what your table guests are wearing is an important process of also enjoying their company. If you can't handle what you see in a large dining room w/ many people, you should probably find an alternative dining environment.

Your #4 is the most accurate of the 4 examples. Again if one can't handle large settings of people, find a different venue to enjoy yourself!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Since you brought it up, I will tell you our experience. We were just on the June 24th sailing on the Adventure of the Seas. A family, kids and adults, decided to show up to the main dining room, ON FORMAL NIGHT, wearing cargo shorts and t-shirts. They were not stopped. When we asked a hostess about the lack of enforcement of the dress code, she replied that the guest might complain that the staff member was rude and that management will not support the staff member. Instead, they will get a letter in their file. I don't expect anyone to wear suits but put on a pair of long pants, or, go back to Carnival.
ok if you believe that you are the most gullable person on earth my friend.They arent keeping "files" on passengers.People need to get over themselves.If you want to dress up,go right ahead.Im on vacation and dont tell me how to dress.Period.You need to get into 2017.

It's much easier to just wear a pair of slacks or go up and enjoy the buffet.

Lol,or mind your own business and not worry if someone is wearing shorts.Really? Is this what people need to worry about.There are many things in this world to worry about,wearing shorts isnt one.

ok if you believe that you are the most gullable person on earth my friend.They arent keeping "files" on passengers.People need to get over themselves.If you want to dress up,go right ahead.Im on vacation and dont tell me how to dress.Period.You need to get into 2017.

I read this as the staff member would have a letter in their file because the passenger complained about being confronted by him/her.

I always think it is a shame when people dont want to dress up a little for dinner in a lovely restaurant, If you dont want to make the effort stick to the buffet .

And why is that?Does the suit and tie change the taste of the food.You shouldnt be staring at people.Relax and stop being so uptight.I would much rather be in comfortable clothing on MY vacation than wearing a suit and tie.And no Im not going to the buffet,im requesting to sit right next to you in my tank top,shorts and sunglasses slurping my beer.:*