Re: Mast Grill

Majkman

I just got off the Equinox this morning after being on for two weeks and never paid for a hamburger at the Mast Grill. They were very good and free.

Just off July 16 Equinox sailing. Definitely confirm that Mast Grill burgers free on Day 1 only and $9.95 Day 2 until end of cruise

Kaos28, your experience lines up with what other people have reported.

Perhaps Clive's was in a high end suite that did not need to pay or he/she is confused?

Thanks

Just off July 16 Equinox sailing. Definitely confirm that Mast Grill burgers free on Day 1 only and $9.95 Day 2 until end of cruise

Aha! Thanks for coming back with this post. I, for one, just don't care either way but know a lot of people are really angry about this.

Here is the menu from last week:

25prew3.jpg

Relatives still onboard. Asked why burgers were free on embarkation day and if the pay burgers will be back.

Were told it is "Up in the air".

I think Celebrity got a LOT of negative feedback and is reconsidering.....

Good menu! Looks to me like a real upgrade. Thanks Celebrity, I am looking forward to this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is the menu from last week:

25prew3.jpg

Relatives still onboard. Asked why burgers were free on embarkation day and if the pay burgers will be back.

Were told it is "Up in the air".

I think Celebrity got a LOT of negative feedback and is reconsidering.....

Or maybe they are worried about prosecution over blatant false advertising.....

Good menu! Looks to me like a real upgrade. Thanks Celebrity, I am looking forward to this.

Good menu?!?

It is blatant false advertising. They are NOT using Kobe Beef, it is questionable whether the beef they are using is dry aged and $9.95 for a hotdog that does not have an expensive ingredient (such as freshly shaved truffles) is outrageous. Looks like Celebrity has at least temporarily pulled the plug either because of the vast majority of cruisers likely being upset about this change and/or over legal concerns pertaining to the false advertising.

Or maybe they are worried about prosecution over blatant false advertising.....

Either way ok! I'm hoping it is still a no added cost venue when we sail in 2 weeks. If they bring the TDBB back let's hope they keep the "free" options poolside also and drop the "Kobe Beef" label which they have admitted is not accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They really have a burger called " The *** Burger"[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Celebrity has gotten a lot of negative comments on this change, besides the serious false advertising claim. I will not pay for a burger by the pool[emoji13]

They really have a burger called " The *** Burger"[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Celebrity has gotten a lot of negative comments on this change, besides the serious false advertising claim. I will not pay for a burger by the pool[emoji13]

Yeah, I caught that, too and thought, really, how tacky with a name like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yesterday, I asked about the charge on Equinox being no more on the site whose name shall not be mentioned. I got this response just now. " I asked them at Embarkation yesterday .No longer fee for fare, just tried it last week to see how it would be received." I'm guessing that it would be "they just tried ..."

Actually, this is a burger that they serve at the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette and Reflection. Quite good and it does include table service.

Isn't that sauce made with Ghost chilli's - some of the hottest in the world? If so, they should advise people accordingly

I'm thinking Celebrity sauce is to Ghost chilli like burger is to Celebrity Kobe. A yeah right.

I enjoy spicy food and at a party a few years ago my friends and I each tried a tiny piece of Ghost Chilli (when it was known as the world's hottest) - it was incredibly hot. If this sauce reflects the heat of Ghost Chillis if you are not fan of VERY spicy food then the burger would probably be inedible .

Well I'm sorry they had to "try" charging at the Mast Grill on my cruise. Just off Equinox yesterday and Mast was definitely listed as a for fee venue. We had plenty of OBC but did not consider using it at a counter service grill in the hot sun. On ships with Lawn Club you can still go to Mast Grill. Offering the same food doesn't make it the same experience. Too bad they didn't do the market research first. It was a bad corporate decision even if reversed one week later.

I enjoy spicy food and at a party a few years ago my friends and I each tried a tiny piece of Ghost Chilli (when it was known as the world's hottest) - it was incredibly hot. If this sauce reflects the heat of Ghost Chillis if you are not fan of VERY spicy food then the burger would probably be inedible .

I agree with Chucktown; you have to translate Celebrity-speak:

*Kobe Beef = American Kobe Style Beef Blend

*Dry Aged = Wet Aged

*Prime = Commercial

*Nominal Fee = $10 Hot dogs

*Homemade = From a factory

*Gourmet = $10 Hot dogs

*Top Deck = Two Floors Below Top Deck

*W.T.F = $10 Hot dogs

*Ghost Pepper = Jalapeno

I agree with Chucktown; you have to translate Celebrity-speak:

*Kobe Beef = American Kobe Style Beef Blend