Re: Mast Grill

Majkman

I'm against the for fee burgers at the grill but to be fair, the regular burgers that used to be there were moved to the buffet. That was determined early on in this thread, so they were still available.

Yeah I know that the regular burgers are removed to the buffet, but I could well imagine the choice of burgers has been reduced. Just common hamburger and cheeseburger, they also used to offer chicken breast and similar items at the pool grill.

I could well imagine those products are gone with the move to the OV Café.

Not a prob. They'll now just have to think up another for fee item or what to take away to produce our shareholder profits. :D

Hooray - the implementation of a room service fee (see NCL) is perfectly handed on a plate here...

Yeah I know that the regular burgers are removed to the buffet, but I could well imagine the choice of burgers has been reduced. Just common hamburger and cheeseburger, they also used to offer chicken breast and similar items at the pool grill.

Hooray - the implementation of a room service fee (see NCL) is perfectly handed on a plate here...

I mentioned about the other items like chicken or ribs either earlier in this thread or in the other thread. Those other items have been gone from the grill for a couple of years.

I could well imagine those products are gone with the move to the OV Café.

At the Mast Grill, there will be grilled onions and grilled mushrooms to put on your burger. You may also find sauerkraut for the hot dogs. They will ask if you want lettuce, tomato and fresh onions on your burger. You are correct in that you can ask for a cheeseburger. The burgers, hot dogs and French fries arrive frozen to the grill.

As for other items like chicken and ribs, the last time I saw them on a cruise at the Mast Grill was in 2008. About 9 years ago. But if you want to have them, head to the buffet.

At the Mast Grill, there will be grilled onions and grilled mushrooms to put on your burger. You may also find sauerkraut for the hot dogs. They will ask if you want lettuce, tomato and fresh onions on your burger. You are correct in that you can ask for a cheeseburger. The burgers, hot dogs and French fries arrive frozen to the grill.

As for other items like chicken and ribs, the last time I saw them on a cruise at the Mast Grill was in 2008. About 9 years ago. But if you want to have them, head to the buffet.

I don't ever recall chicken and ribs at the Mast Grill on the S-Class ships, but they used to have nacho chips with chile and melted cheese, but they seemed to have done away with them up there over the last few years.

As for hot dogs, I hate a cold ones, so I ask them to butterfly one and put it on the grill. It drives them crazy when I ask for that.

I don't ever recall chicken and ribs at the Mast Grill on the S-Class ships, but they used to have nacho chips with chile and melted cheese, but they seemed to have done away with them up there over the last few years.

As for hot dogs, I hate a cold ones, so I ask them to butterfly one and put it on the grill. It drives them crazy when I ask for that.

Sorry, I must clarify. They were chicken fingers and those breaded re-constituted riblets. I do recall the nacho chips with cheese.

Like you, I make up something not to get a cold dog or burger that has been sitting in the liquid. At least it is hot.

I just ask them for a hamburger/cheeseburger directly off the grill...not sitting in a pan partially or fully cooked. I have never had a problem...I just wait for it to be cooked or finish cooking. Same with hotdogs.

I can't imagine why anyone would accept one of those greasy, sitting in a pan hamburgers....

I mentioned about the other items like chicken or ribs either earlier in this thread or in the other thread. Those other items have been gone from the grill for a couple of years.

When the "normal" burgers and hot dogs are moved to the Ocean Cafe, guess what? Some other food is then removed from the Ocean Cafe. It rained a few days on our cruise last month, so they put the burgers in the Ocean Cafe, but.... the Asian food was removed to make room. The dominoes continue to drop.....

I'm against the for fee burgers at the grill but to be fair, the regular burgers that used to be there were moved to the buffet. That was determined early on in this thread, so they were still available.

As long as you change from your dripping wet bathing suit into clothes that meet the standard of the buffet area.

When the "normal" burgers and hot dogs are moved to the Ocean Cafe, guess what? Some other food is then removed from the Ocean Cafe. It rained a few days on our cruise last month, so they put the burgers in the Ocean Cafe, but.... the Asian food was removed to make room. The dominoes continue to drop.....

If I understand correctly, does it mean the stir fry cooking stations are gone!? [emoji51][emoji33]

What another pity by that "premium" cruise line...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I understand correctly, does it mean the stir fry cooking stations are gone!? [emoji51][emoji33]

What another pity by that "premium" cruise line...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stir fry / Curry is cheap! A useful way to use leftovers, seems a stupid move if it is permanent

Stir Fry station was set up every day on Constellation last month and in addition there were burgers, fries and hot dogs in the OVC every day. This was all there even though the Top Deck BB replaced the Pool Grill.

We got on the Constellation yesterday. The Top Deck Burger Bar appears to have gone. The Mast Grill was serving free burgers, etc yesterday and again today.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know this shouldn't be taken as gospel, but I received some correspondence from Celebrity (One-Touch). Part of it read,

"The Burger Bar was added in addition to the Mast Grill onthe Celebrity Equinox. However, since our last correspondence, the Burger Barhas been pulled. As previously mentioned, it was a short trial to get feedbackand see how it did. The feedback such as yours was heard, and the decision wasmade to not continue the Burger Bar idea. There have not been any furtherchanges on the other ships in the fleet."

Again, I take it as a good sign that it was either not profitable, or controversial, and that management reacted favorably (in my eyes) to that.

Sail happy!

Stir fry / Curry is cheap! A useful way to use leftovers, seems a stupid move if it is permanent

We have noticed recently that many dining rm offerings and esp the buffet are not much more than rice, pasta, & potatoes with diff flavors and prep...

All fairly cheap, easy to prepare esp for large numbers,..Heavy on the carbs so not the healthiest offerings. Luckily it is less so in BLU for dinner and we can still put together a decent salad by wandering around the buffet a bit if need be for lunch..

Glad the included burgers and dogs are back for pool lunch..not the greatest but convenient to the pool...we skip the carby rolls/ buns and fries,,..

We got on the Constellation yesterday. The Top Deck Burger Bar appears to have gone. The Mast Grill was serving free burgers, etc yesterday and again today.

Celebrity finally realized they can't have a pay for venue with people sitting out in the hot sun eating their $10 burger among people with plates of free food from the Oceanview. I don't know who the rocket scientist was who invented the burger bar.

People will pay for extras in places like the Lawn Club Grill or lunch in one of the Specialty restaurants.

Celebrity finally realized they can't have a pay for venue with people sitting out in the hot sun eating their $10 burger among people with plates of free food from the Oceanview. I don't know who the rocket scientist was who invented the burger bar.

People will pay for extras in places like the Lawn Club Grill or lunch in one of the Specialty restaurants.

Who ever the rocket scientist was should be fired this test was outrageous especially the Kobe beef lie.

We just got off a Solstice Friday. Mast Grill was no charge. But burgers weren't very good. Meat was dry and buns kinda stale. Fries were great. Grill was closed a lot because of weather. We only went once and didn't go back after that. Burgers in buffet were better!