Re: Mast Grill

Majkman

How about we let the man enjoy his cruise. Your suspense over a $10 hamburger and hot dog can wait.

Gee whiz, I didn't realize we can't ask OP's to follow up on what they post. The OP can choose to ignore the request or respond. Since you've done a poor job of reading my mind I'll clarify that my post isn't over $10. It's about the slow degradation of an experience I enjoyed over the years.

I can not possibly imagine a staff member making a flip answer such as "new days, new rules". This is how terrible rumors get started.

"Terrible rumours", hardly.

I've checked back to the post and I think the poster when they queried the new charge was actually told "today is a new day"...

Gee whiz, I didn't realize we can't ask OP's to follow up on what they post. The OP can choose to ignore the request or respond. Since you've done a poor job of reading my mind I'll clarify that my post isn't over $10. It's about the slow degradation of an experience I enjoyed over the years.

Agree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK folks, take a deep breath. The OP just boarded and posted because he was soooo excited not to get the Kobe Burger. Now when you first board, think back to what you do after grabbing a bite to eat. Is posting on CC the top of your list or is getting into your cabin, getting your luggage and getting freshened up from your travels more important? geeeezzzzzzeeee Loueeeezzzzeeee

He'll be back unless he was just doing a funzies post. :D

I can not possibly imagine a staff member making a flip answer such as "new days, new rules". This is how terrible rumors get started.

they probably can. When I requested a water pitcher, shortly after X getting rid of them, the room steward refused and said 'no water pitcher, now they wanna make more money with you'...

OK folks, take a deep breath. The OP just boarded and posted because he was soooo excited not to get the Kobe Burger. Now when you first board, think back to what you do after grabbing a bite to eat. Is posting on CC the top of your list or is getting into your cabin, getting your luggage and getting freshened up from your travels more important? geeeezzzzzzeeee Loueeeezzzzeeee

$Exactly!! He's on his vacation, not yours so he will respond (or not) when he has the time, opportunity and interest. 50 people demanding a more elaborate explanation minutes after he's boarded is a bit much.

$Exactly!! He's on his vacation, not yours so he will respond (or not) when he has the time, opportunity and interest. 50 people demanding a more elaborate explanation minutes after he's boarded is a bit much.

Maybe you could let the OP speak for him/herself or not, rather than making snarky remarks to posters.

they probably can. When I requested a water pitcher, shortly after X getting rid of them, the room steward refused and said 'no water pitcher, now they wanna make more money with you'...
When was your cruise? I cruised this January and was able to get a water pitcher.

Maybe you could let the OP speak for him/herself or not, rather than making snarky remarks to posters.

Agree 100%..... What is up with some of "Open Thread Comment" police on here today.....these threads are for open dialogue, no? This is supposed to be fun!

This thread is also making me rather hungry!

I just got off the Equinox this morning after being on for two weeks and never paid for a hamburger at the Mast Grill. They were very good and free.

So are you saying they did not change the Mast Grill to the Kobe Beef TTBB as originally reported? Were the burgers the old processed patties?

Mast Grill has ditched the pay-for program!!!

Lovin the sun,

Andy

I just got off the Equinox this morning after being on for two weeks and never paid for a hamburger at the Mast Grill. They were very good and free.

Very interesting.

So were the $10.00 extra fee burgers on the top deck/ lawn grill on this solstice class ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL... I'm too busy on embarkation day telling myself to slow down with the drinks! See you in Edinburgh on Tuesday!

Cheers, Calum

So looking forward to it. Safe travels!

Thank you! You too. Have had a few winter storms here in New Zealand but aiming for good weather this weekend for an on-time departure. Great that the big day is nearly here!

Here is the menu from last week:

25prew3.jpg

Relatives still onboard. Asked why burgers were free on embarkation day and if the pay burgers will be back.

Were told it is "Up in the air".

I think Celebrity got a LOT of negative feedback and is reconsidering.....