Re: Mast Grill

Majkman

Yes! Post details! Are the new burgers available too? I'm all for choice, but I was really unhappy to think about our upcoming trip without some included cost food by the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonder if they will change the Top Deck Burger Bar on the Connie back to a Mast Grill?

The Mast Grills are on the S-Class, and the Pool Grills on the M-Class. It certainly didn't make sense to have pay-for burgers on the S-Class because there was virtually few tables/chairs and no shade to eat your "gourmet" food. I guess they finally figured it out. :rolleyes:

As for the Pool Grill, I can't imagine it being very busy since the Oceanview Café is just steps away.

Last Monday, Kaos28 posted this:

On board the Equinox now- confirmed! These 'new' burgers may be Kobe beef- will double check on that. What's bizzare is that yesterday (embarkation day) there was no charge! I must have gotten the last free burger!

When I mentioned that yesterday it was free, I was simply told "Today is a new day!" Lol Also told tou can get the same burgers that were free yesterday in the Oceanview Cafe. I wouldn't let this ruin my vacation. The ship is great.

So, I'm now wondering if they're free on embarkation day to absorb some of the lunch traffic on that day and if tomorrow Equinox Mast Grill will be extra charge again just like last week. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

So, I'm now wondering if they're free on embarkation day to absorb some of the lunch traffic on that day and if tomorrow Equinox Mast Grill will be extra charge again just like last week. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

That makes some sense but would lead to confusion and arguments, especially if parents let their kids go to the grill on their own on Monday, Tuesday, etc. and end up with a charge on their account.

That's my thought too. Seems unlikely that a change back would be made so quickly. I think you'd need a few weeks/months/etc to assess the efficacy of the plan.

Mast Grill has ditched the pay-for program!!!

Lovin the sun,

Andy

Hello Majkman, hope you're having a great time! Can you provide a follow up post to let us know if the burgers at Mast Grill are free for the entire cruise or just on embarkation day?

If X's policy is take down the new for fee menu and have burgers et al be free on embarkation day...and then switch back to a for fee place on Day 2 that's even worse! Surely that can't be the answer. (I am serious and don't call me Shirley.)

If X's policy is take down the new for fee menu and have burgers et al be free on embarkation day...and then switch back to a for fee place on Day 2 that's even worse! Surely that can't be the answer. (I am serious and don't call me Shirley.)

Didn't someone post that recently happened (presumably in Constellation) . I'm sure I read somewhere that they asked why the sudden implementation of charges and were told "new day, new rules" or something like that

It happened on Equinox when they instituted the change on the first cruise. Went into effect on Day 2. I was giving X the benefit of assuming there was some innocent reason the switchover was the day after a free burger day...

How about we let the man enjoy his cruise. Your suspense over a $10 hamburger and hot dog can wait.

Cruisegoer, you're crackin' me up. You could ask the same question about most of the dribble on here!

Didn't someone post that recently happened (presumably in Constellation) . I'm sure I read somewhere that they asked why the sudden implementation of charges and were told "new day, new rules" or something like that

I can not possibly imagine a staff member making a flip answer such as "new days, new rules". This is how terrible rumors get started.