Re: Mast Grill

Majkman

They really have a burger called " The *** Burger"[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Celebrity has gotten a lot of negative comments on this change, besides the serious false advertising claim. I will not pay for a burger by the pool[emoji13]

Yeah, I doubt everyone will be spelling it out to order. And then there'll be questions on what its name means.

Another example of them moving their product away from their tag line.

Just off July 16 Equinox sailing. Definitely confirm that Mast Grill burgers free on Day 1 only and $9.95 Day 2 until end of cruise

How was the reaction of your fellow pax on this cruise? Was it accepted with equanimity? Were there grumblings about having to go further to grab a free burger?

Just curious about the actual reactions of the actual folks there on the ship.

I agree with Chucktown; you have to translate Celebrity-speak:

*Kobe Beef = American Kobe Style Beef Blend

*Dry Aged = Wet Aged

*Prime = Commercial

*Nominal Fee = $10 Hot dogs

*Homemade = From a factory

*Gourmet = $10 Hot dogs

*Top Deck = Two Floors Below Top Deck

*W.T.F = $10 Hot dogs

*Ghost Pepper = Jalapeno

Play it again, Sam. :cool:

They really have a burger called " The *** Burger"[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Celebrity has gotten a lot of negative comments on this change, besides the serious false advertising claim. I will not pay for a burger by the pool[emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess that's what cruisers say when they find out they have to pay for the 'burger. ;)

*Dry Aged = Wet Aged

*Prime = Commercial

*Gourmet = $10 Hot dogs

*W.T.F = $10 Hot dogs

*Ghost Pepper = Jalapeno

From our experience on Silhouette in May you can add: *Prime Rib = Super thin Ribeye Steak covered in Brown Gravy.

From our experience on Silhouette in May you can add: *Prime Rib = Super thin Ribeye Steak covered in Brown Gravy.

OMG, I know! They should be EMBARRASSED to serve that and call it a Ribeye Steak!

They weren't trying to call it a rib eye. We had ordered Prime Rib, they brought the 1/4 inch thick rib eye steak covered in brown gravy trying to pas it off as prime rib. Had they told us they were out of prime rib we just would have ordered something different. But you never should slice a rib eye that thin and smother it in brown gravy.

They weren't trying to call it a rib eye. We had ordered Prime Rib, they brought the 1/4 inch thick rib eye steak covered in brown gravy trying to pas it off as prime rib. Had they told us they were out of prime rib we just would have ordered something different. But you never should slice a rib eye that thin and smother it in brown gravy.

I hate that brown gravy. Supposed to be au jus!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

So glad they dropped the pay burgers at the Mast! It has always been our go-to on the Equinox for lunch and since we have 21 days in Oct. and 7 in Dec. on that ship, that would really have been a downer.

I'd feel reassured to hear something official from Celebrity. Hate to be cynical but keep thinking maybe they've just reverted to the old scenario for the OP's current cruise and the TDBB will be reinstated on the next Equinox sailing. We don't sail Equinox until October so hope it's all sorted long before then. Has anyone heard if the Connie TDBB has been reverted back to a Pool Grill?

That would drive me INSANE! You don't mess with my prime rib

they probably can. When I requested a water pitcher, shortly after X getting rid of them, the room steward refused and said 'no water pitcher, now they wanna make more money with you'...

Lovely, when was that? Perhaps I should bring my own pitcher! Lol. I have considered bringing a small Yeti cooler because I never seem to have enough ice when I want it. My Yeti tumbler helps remedy that issue now.

I'd feel reassured to hear something official from Celebrity. Hate to be cynical but keep thinking maybe they've just reverted to the old scenario for the OP's current cruise and the TDBB will be reinstated on the next Equinox sailing. We don't sail Equinox until October so hope it's all sorted long before then. Has anyone heard if the Connie TDBB has been reverted back to a Pool Grill?

I agree. I assume they have a contract for the "Kobe like beef", the menu needs to be changed so they aren't listing products falsely. That was a costly mistake. They should offer a free option & an upgraded option for a fee.

Sorry folks! I tried to log on in St. Martin with no luck. I have now been in Miami for 2 hours and finally have gotten to the hotel with some wifi.

Here was our experince this past week in the Equinox in regards to food. I will do a full review when I get back to Chicago, tomorrow.

Our party of 4 decded to give lunch a try at the Mast Grilll on Tuesday as we were on our way to San Juan. There was NO sign with prices, we were not charged any price for our burgers and fries, and they were definitely NOT Kobe beef. Actually, all things considered, probably the most under whelming meal during the trip. Great views, as the sun was out and there was a nice breeze, but we had no desire to revisit.

We did no specialty dining. Ate our breakfasts in the OV Cafe and they ranged from better than average to 1 - meh. (The 'meh' was my omelet after family and friends commented how much they enjoyed theirs.

Lunches and dinners were in the Silhouette Testaurant and were fantastic. Food rating from 1-10 would get a strong 7.5-8, but the service was 10+. Our server and assistant (Carlton and Vira) were incredible. If you go, ask him that Andy wants to know if he enjoyed the chocolates!! And the bar runner David did an amazing job keeping the pina coladas and the chocolate martinis coming. Amazing service, which we enjoyed in all facets of this cruise.

Waiting for the next one,

Andy

*Dry Aged = Wet Aged

*Prime = Commercial

*Gourmet = $10 Hot dogs

*W.T.F = $10 Hot dogs

*Ghost Pepper = Jalapeno

:'):'):'):'):'):')

And "Modern Luxury" = Standard cruise line with showy marketing to get passengers onboard.

Would be an effrontery if X offered free items @Mast Bar at the embarkation day, and charge for the rest of the cruise.

Paying for a burger on a premium cruise line, without even featuring a reowned burger/fast food chain (like Johnny Rockets or Margaritaville), how pathetic is that?

According to another thread, the burgers for fee are gone from the Mast Bar, it was just a temporary pop-up experience. It's appropriate to remove the fee, IMHO.

Because IMHO charging for sushi, reducing food portions in MDR is already off the limits, especially when looking at the prices for the cruise passages.

But burgers for fee - too much is too much...

At least it's true for quinox - let's see if on Constellation they also get rid off the fee-burgers.

:'):'):'):'):'):')

And "Modern Luxury" = Standard cruise line with showy marketing to get passengers onboard.

Would be an effrontery if X offered free items @Mast Bar at the embarkation day, and charge for the rest of the cruise.

Paying for a burger on a premium cruise line, without even featuring a reowned burger/fast food chain (like Johnny Rockets or Margaritaville), how pathetic is that?

According to another thread, the burgers for fee are gone from the Mast Bar, it was just a temporary pop-up experience. It's appropriate to remove the fee, IMHO.

Because IMHO charging for sushi, reducing food portions in MDR is already off the limits, especially when looking at the prices for the cruise passages.

But burgers for fee - too much is too much...

At least it's true for quinox - let's see if on Constellation they also get rid off the fee-burgers.

I'm against the for fee burgers at the grill but to be fair, the regular burgers that used to be there were moved to the buffet. That was determined early on in this thread, so they were still available.