Say it ain't so - fee for ice show?

Biker, you do know that Quantum does NOT have an ice rink.:cool:

No, but it does have Ripcord and Northstar which they charge for, probably for the same reason as this purported ice show charge - to give the folks that really want to do it a chance at it on short sailings.

Maybe, but in the case of the ice show it could be for everyone's safety. 3000+ Chinese trying to get into a free ice show could get ugly.

Biker, who hopes the PC police don't chime in.

Now, now, now. Some of us are Chinese, you know…

Actually, there wouldn’t be 3,000 Chinese rushing for the ice show. There would be 100 people saving seats 30 minutes before the show for the remaining 2,900 folks, who will saunter in during the performance to block your viewing pleasure.

As for the separate charges, hopefully like you said it’s limited to just one sector of the RCI fleet. Don’t want separate charges for the Broadway shows/water shows/zip lines/rock climbing/flowrider on rest of the fleet.

Heck, they can even make the deck chairs to be 60 minute rental periods similar to paying for parking meters at big cities. When your time is up, a big red flag will pop up from the side of the chair and pool attendants will come and clear out the chair for the next set of guests.

If so, then you will need to have your sea pass readily available on your lanyard to swipe at every turn on the cruise for the convenience of easy payment.

Oh, wait, that’s a different thread. Never mind…;p

Actually, there wouldn’t be 3,000 Chinese rushing for the ice show. There would be 100 people saving seats 30 minutes before the show for the remaining 2,900 folks, who will saunter in during the performance to block your viewing pleasure.

and that's where the problem is since Studio B seating capacity is about 1/4 of that.;)

I wouldn't pay for it either!! Hopefully if Royal is considering this, they see our responses. I was going to do the puzzle room on Harmony last year but they started charging for it on our sailing so I didn't do it!! When something used to be free and they start charging for it, I will usually boycott it hoping for a change lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had at first felt the same way about the Puzzle room on Harmony and declared I was not gonna pay. Told my wife about it and she said lets do it so I paid. We both felt it was worth every penny. We had a blast. Worked for us.

As was mentioned, it could be a charge only for China cruises.

When looking for a bargain and go strictly by cabin prices, it is interesting to see that quite a number of sailings form China come up. Maybe this kind of nickle-and-diming is needed to make up revenue, or more likely, due to the short sailings (most are 4-5 days), the charge is to allow those that really want to go to see it.

Assuming that short sailings really are the reason for the charge, then I would expect this charge to reach the Caribbean market next summer, when the Mariner replaces the Enchantment for the three and four night cruises out of Miami. That is, of course, unless they discontinue the ice shows on the Mariner altogether.

Assuming that short sailings really are the reason for the charge, then I would expect this charge to reach the Caribbean market next summer, when the Mariner replaces the Enchantment for the three and four night cruises out of Miami. That is, of course, unless they discontinue the ice shows on the Mariner altogether.

Has there been a ship with an ice show in the Caribbean with a routine 3 day itinerary before?

Has there been a ship with an ice show in the Caribbean with a routine 3 day itinerary before?

Not regularly. Indy has done 4/5/5 itineraries before. We sailed on a 3-day Indy cruise right after she came back to Florida after a TA, to align her with her normal day of the week.

Not regularly. Indy has done 4/5/5 itineraries before.

Are there 2 ice shows on the 4 day itineraries? How are the shows handled on these short sailings? Don't remember a big deal with crowds going to the shows reported on CC.

Are there 2 ice shows on the 4 day itineraries? How are the shows handled on these short sailings? Don't remember a big deal with crowds going to the shows reported on CC.

Explorer the last two years has had an ice show on the 4-day Pacific Coastal. The way Graham Seymour set them up is 4 shows... the 2 port days were 4:45pm, the sea day was 2pm and 4pm. You were automatically reserved into one of the 4 specific ice shows with your muster station number. If the date&time didn't suit you, the stand-by line was available whereby they let people in within 15 minutes of the show.

As far as I can recall, there was no difference in the number of performances, either 3 or 4 performances of the same show.

As far as I can recall, there was no difference in the number of performances, either 3 or 4 performances of the same show.

I wonder if on the Chinese sailings they cut back to 1-2 shows and that's why they instituted the charge. With 4 shows, just about everyone can attend. If they still have 4 shows but charge for them, they would have a lot of empty seats.

No charge for roller skating either. :D

Ssssssshhhhhh! :eek:

Next thing you know they'll over an "Ultimate Entertainment Package" on the cruise planner that pays for an "all inclusive" roller/ice skating, production shows, iFly, Northstar, Rubicon Challenge, etc :mad:

Edited by Hoopster95