Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Aaargh!!!

Every year it feels like the last few deployment releases really drag out.

Is it me, or are they getting later and later?

They actually did some earlier this year, this past December.

They actually did some earlier this year, this past December.

Starting earlier but dragging out the last few releases. It would be great if they could release everything together a the same time so we have a even playing field and could plan ahead.

Has anyone heard anything about a Trans Pacific later in 2019? Do you think there will be one from Seattle/Vancouver to Sydney?

Exactly what I’m waiting for!

Starting earlier but dragging out the last few releases. It would be great if they could release everything together a the same time so we have a even playing field and could plan ahead.

Exactly what I’m waiting for!

I believe Royal released the larger ships first to give them a head start on obtaining bookings.

I'm waiting for the smaller ships to be released next week..........hopefully before I get on Brilliance on Thursday

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything about a Trans Pacific later in 2019? Do you think there will be one from Seattle/Vancouver to Sydney?

Papeete has port bookings for September and October 2019 for Radiance and Ovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your take on an Oasis ship heading to Aus. Would it work or are ports limited (if it happens)

Post 6

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2617890

The Brisbane New Cruise Terminal can handle Oasis Class ships when it opens.

But where they run to is another thing.

They may have to run non stop to Singapore from Brisbane.

Sounds more like a promo visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney OPT expert has pretty much confirmed that while the Oasis class ships could safely tie up at the wharf, they would struggle to cope with the passenger and luggage manifest. He also thinks that there is no capacity to extend the current terminal beyond the existing footprint.

From Australia & NZ Cruisers forum:

The actual wharf at the OPT is capable of physically accomodating an Oasis class vessel after the recent renovations but the terminal building itself struggles to handle the even smaller Ovation ( sized) ship, particularly for the debark where there is a distinct lack of floor space for luggage and a very "user unfriendly "configuration for passenger flow . Due to its location there is no chance for expansion so unless there is a move to new terminal at Garden Island ( which would be a couple of years away if at all) sadly I cannot see an Oasis class ship being relocated to Sydney on an ongoing basis. I think there is also a distinct lack of "ports of call" in the region at which the Oasis class could visit successfully.

Sydney OPT expert has pretty much confirmed that while the Oasis class ships could safely tie up at the wharf, they would struggle to cope with the passenger and luggage manifest. He also thinks that there is no capacity to extend the current terminal beyond the existing footprint.

From Australia & NZ Cruisers forum:

Thanks for info. That sums it up perfectly

Seasonal Caribbean should be the following:

Explorer does 5 and 9 nights from Miami (instead of Navigator), Vision (instead of Jewel) and Freedom 7 nights out of San Juan, Serenade 10 and 11 out of Fort Lauderdale, Independence 4 and 5 out of Fort Lauderdale, Rhapsody 7 nights out of Tampa, Brilliance 4 and 5 out of Tampa. Nothing new but two ships have changed. I assume Jewel goes to Dubai or stays in Europe for the winter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Explorer does 5 and 9 nights from Miami (instead of Navigator), Vision (instead of Jewel) and Freedom 7 nights out of San Juan, Serenade 10 and 11 out of Fort Lauderdale, Independence 4 and 5 out of Fort Lauderdale, Rhapsody 7 nights out of Tampa, Brilliance 4 and 5 out of Tampa. Nothing new but two ships have changed. I assume Jewel goes to Dubai or stays in Europe for the winter.

Assuming this is from CruiseCal?

So no ship from NOLA?

Assuming this is from CruiseCal?

So no ship from NOLA?

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to Southern Caribbean Itineraries from Florida.