Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Absolutely nothing on that list to make me want to cruise with RC in the Med. Time to start looking at MSC ;p

Among the landscape of cruise lines there’s sooooo many great choices! So of all cruise lines, don’t choose MSC, Mafia Shipping Company... [emoji33][emoji33]

They have limited port timings, overcrowded ships and you need to pay extra for every minor detail...

And we don’t know yet what RCI will offer in Med, so be patient... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2019-20 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions (first Corrections)

Deployment prediction port booking confirmed

Adventure, Port Everglades / Bayonne Summer season

Allure, Port Everglades year-round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, TA, Amsterdam early summer / mini med season /Tampa Dec.

Enchantment, year-round Galveston

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port / Sydney

Freedom, San Juan, Year-round

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Miami deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton / Port Everglades

Jewel, European deployment Civitavecchia home-port / San Juan

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, year round, Miami

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami ABC southern

Oasis, TA, Dry Dock / Barcelona season / TA / Port Everglades (or Canaveral) Ovation, China Beijing deployment / Sydney

Quantum, China, Shanghai / Dry Dock / ?

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Venice home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / Miami

Spectrum, China, Shanghai / Singapore.

Symphony, Year-round Miami Deployment

Vision, European deployment, Barcelona 12N sailings / NOLA

Voyager, Hong Kong/ World Voyage / Dry Dock / Med short season

Deployment Likely

Empress, Tampa/ Port Everglades (Cuba/Bahama/Western) no calls booked at Key West.

Speculated deployment

Allure - Port Canaveral Summer? then year round

Oasis - return in November for Port Everglades year-round.

Voyager bookings may be Quantum the world cruise and MED season may actually be Quantum and not Voyager.

Voyager - after September - Dubai? then Sydney/Singapore?

Great summary, thanks.

Another thing to keep in mind... The new Brisbane cruise terminal project is progressing and the plan is to have it completed in the 2019/2020 cruise season.

https://www.portbris.com.au/PortBris/media/General-Files/Factsheets%20and%20brochures/17-04-10-Media-statement-Cruise.pdf

Royal is a financial contributor to the project so they will deploy a ship or two there (one from Royal and one from Celebrity perhaps?). IFrom the Royal fleet my guess is either Radiance or a Voyager class ship. I would expect the dock and terminal to be big enough to cater for Quantum class, allowing a few cruises to be added between the Sydney and Asia deployments.

In Sydney, Royal is still holding 23 slots in the port calendar for Voyager of the Seas over the 2019/2020 season. I think they will use some of these for Quantum and cancel the remainder. I don't think Voyager will return to Sydney given the discounting we've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great summary, thanks.

Another thing to keep in mind... The new Brisbane cruise terminal project is progressing and the plan is to have it completed in the 2019/2020 cruise season.

https://www.portbris.com.au/PortBris/media/General-Files/Factsheets%20and%20brochures/17-04-10-Media-statement-Cruise.pdf

Royal is a financial contributor to the project so they will deploy a ship or two there (one from Royal and one from Celebrity perhaps?). IFrom the Royal fleet my guess is either Radiance or a Voyager class ship. I would expect the dock and terminal to be big enough to cater for Quantum class, allowing a few cruises to be added between the Sydney and Asia deployments.

In Sydney, Royal is still holding 23 slots in the port calendar for Voyager of the Seas over the 2019/2020 season. I think they will use some of these for Quantum and cancel the remainder. I don't think Voyager will return to Sydney given the discounting we've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The number of new cruise terminals planned around the globe is incredible.

I think one ship will be destined for the winter season in Dubai.

I think one of the most interesting developments at the moment is that the lines appear to be looking at having ships do mini-seasons at smaller home ports. This could be interesting for Dublin, Lisbon, Malaga and many other areas with good flight connections.

The number of new cruise terminals planned around the globe is incredible.

I think one ship will be destined for the winter season in Dubai.

I think one of the most interesting developments at the moment is that the lines appear to be looking at having ships do mini-seasons at smaller home ports. This could be interesting for Dublin, Lisbon, Malaga and many other areas with good flight connections.

Would love it if Dubai was a embarkation port again as didnt get to ho when Splendour sailed from there last.

I know Brilliance is calling to Ireland next year including Belfast! Maybe I could start a tour company!! Lol

I know Brilliance is calling to Ireland next year including Belfast! Maybe I could start a tour company!! Lol

Do you have any schedules or sources for that?

Sadly the cruise schedule at http://www.dublinport.ie is not wirking... :rolleyes:

And for Belfast I did not find anything yet.

However, Brilliance otS is scheduled for Amsterdam every 12day in 2019 again - so it's extremely likely to have her on the Baltic Sea and British Isles cruises...

The odds of the Oasis running to Europe on the TA with no passengers must be high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does appear to be the case, unless they do a very early TA prior to the other ships.

This allows them to stop at the Bahamas and pick up workers and materials and work as the ship moves to Cadiz and allows for a shorter time at Cadiz, where it looks like they could have up to 4 dry docks around the 2019 season.

They also avoid the issues with the European labor laws they ran into with the Rotterdam dry dock, by having too many overtime hours for their own shipboard crew.

2019-20 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions (first Corrections)

Deployment prediction port booking confirmed

Voyager - after September - Dubai? then Sydney/Singapore?

Now that Voyager otS is listed in Gibraltar and Le Havre several times in 2019, we should know which ship will be based in Southampton.

http://gibraltarport.com/schedules

https://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Let's see if Independence otS will remain the other ship for Southampton, or if Quantum will be based there - oh, how I'd love it! :D

However, let's see what RCI will plan for Navigator...

It does appear to be the case, unless they do a very early TA prior to the other ships.

This allows them to stop at the Bahamas and pick up workers and materials and work as the ship moves to Cadiz and allows for a shorter time at Cadiz, where it looks like they could have up to 4 dry docks around the 2019 season.

They also avoid the issues with the European labor laws they ran into with the Rotterdam dry dock, by having too many overtime hours for their own shipboard crew.

Seems to me that an Oasis TA would be a massive cash cow. I can't believe they'd be willing to give that revenue up. I guess it depends on the amount of changes they plan on making.

^ Seems to me they can do both, a la Quantum. Have the ship about 3/4 full with the rest being occupied by workers who will be doing work during the TA.

I brought that up on the Mariner Odyssey thread and was crucified. :eek: I seem to recall the removal of the secret balconies began during the original Oasis TA for drydock.

Now that Voyager otS is listed in Gibraltar and Le Havre several times in 2019, we should know which ship will be based in Southampton.

http://gibraltarport.com/schedules

https://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Let's see if Independence otS will remain the other ship for Southampton, or if Quantum will be based there - oh, how I'd love it! :D

However, let's see what RCI will plan for Navigator...

Will it definitely be Southampton for Voyager? I'm hoping for better options based out of the Med.

Will it definitely be Southampton for Voyager? I'm hoping for better options based out of the Med.

I wouldn't know where else she should be based.

When looking at the patterns of her port calls in 2019, such as Le Havre or Gibraltar, it equals the pattern from Navigator.

So it is extremely likely to have her sailing from Southamtpon.

I brought that up on the Mariner Odyssey thread and was crucified. :eek: I seem to recall the removal of the secret balconies began during the original Oasis TA for drydock.

Yep, we were most unhappy since they bumped us from 11329 to 11319 so they could close off the hallway for the workers, who also used the cabins. BTW congratulations John and Laura on your recent "ascension" :halo:

Yep, we were most unhappy since they bumped us from 11329 to 11319 so they could close off the hallway for the workers, who also used the cabins. BTW congratulations John and Laura on your recent "ascension" :halo:

Celebration party #2 next week on MJ. ;)

Is there a reason why the UK cannot have one of the larger RCI ships?

Is Southampton port not able to take an Oasis class size ship? It would be great to try an alternative to the Navigator or Indy and I am sure there wouldn't be any problem filling it.

Is Southampton port not able to take an Oasis class size ship? It would be great to try an alternative to the Navigator or Indy and I am sure there wouldn't be any problem filling it.

I'm pretty sure that an Oasis class ship has docked at Southampton, so I don't think the dock is an issue. Could it be the terminal facilities would have a had time handling 12K guests on changeover day?

Harmony otS offered some pre-inaugural sailings from SOuthampton, so the size of this class of ships shoudln't be a problem.

But as stated, the weather. Oasis-Class ships are very "opened" ships, and their resort construction is extremely designed for warm weather areas.

And when sailing from SOuthampton either north or south, you have different weather conditions, and a cruise with very unsteady weather on such a "sun-weather ship" would be unmemorable, IMHO.

Here, Voyager- Freedom-, and IMHO especially QUantum-Class-ships fit better for such cruises, especially when sailing to Norway, or the Baltics.

Further, other European ports in Norway or so coudn't handle an Oasis Class ship, and I think they are not well designed for the narrow fjords.

I wouldn't know where else she should be based.

When looking at the patterns of her port calls in 2019, such as Le Havre or Gibraltar, it equals the pattern from Navigator.

So it is extremely likely to have her sailing from Southamtpon.

They have switched Navigator out from Gibraltar this week. Oddly they had switched the Canary Island sailings out from Voyager to Navigator last week, so they seem to be switching something around from original plans.

Navigator has been pulled from Riviera ports as well this week.

Edited by MADflyer

They have switched Navigator out from Gibraltar this week. Oddly they had switched the Canary Island sailings out from Voyager to Navigator last week, so they seem to be switching something around from original plans.

Yeah, I've seen the websites have switched the ships - Geiranger still lists Navgator, but the last update was Aug 23, 2017, so I am sure once the list gets updated Voyager will appear there.

Let's see what RCI will do with Navigator though - maybe summer season from Bayone, that Adventure does in 2018?

Yeah, I've seen the websites have switched the ships - Geiranger still lists Navgator, but the last update was Aug 23, 2017, so I am sure once the list gets updated Voyager will appear there.

Let's see what RCI will do with Navigator though - maybe summer season from Bayone, that Adventure does in 2018?

Adventure still holding same Cayman port calls as in 2018 with space for the NE season.

The Voyager mini-season has been removed from the MED. The Brilliance mini-season is still at Riviera Ports.

Brilliance still appears to do a late Transatlantic sailing.

I wonder if Navigator could just stay at Miami for year round ABC sailings. There are lots of possibilities.

The Voyager mini-season has been removed from the MED. The Brilliance mini-season is still at Riviera Ports.

Brilliance still appears to do a late Transatlantic sailing.

I still see Voyager otS listed in Riviera Ports, three times: June 14, 2019; Aug 09, 2019; Sep 26 2019 - so I think that emphaises her planned Southampton deployment.

And she's listed in Le Havre several dates in 2019.

Navigator? Let's see. I don't know if longer year-round cruises are an option for RCI.

Maybe in some weeks or months some lists get updated, and we have more clearness what she could do...