Really want to spoil the wife

Nigel D

Hi folks really want to spoil the wife on her first cruise any tips upgrades I can buy pls pls pls help

Lets see if the easily offended member will come along and say, "don't call her THE WIFE" ;) Let's start with, are you already booked on a particular cruise ship/date?

Lets see if the easily offended member will come along and say, "don't call her THE WIFE" ;) Let's start with, are you already booked on a particular cruise ship/date?

Looks like you've taken the initiative and gotten preemptively offended! That's ironic.

I would recommend a balcony for a special cruise, maybe get her something from the Spa, like a couples' massage? I would also recommend specialty dining on one of the ship's nicer restaurants and maybe some photos if you really want to go all out.

If a real "suite" isn't in the budget, try for at least a JS...it's most like a hotel room, size-wise....it's a very comfortable way to cruise, without paying those high "suite" prices. A nice dinner at a specialty restaurant one evening would be great, too!

But, you know your wife best...so do what SHE wants to do!

I'd echo the suite talk (even though I haven't yet stayed in one). I know my DW will greatly appreciate the bathtub and walk-in closet when we stay in a JS for the first time next month. A few other ideas:

* Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room

* Couples spa treatment

* Specialty dinner reservations

As others have said, knowing budget and your wife's interests would be nice. But here are some general options:

If you are on Oasis, Allure, Harmony, or Anthem, the suites themselves as well as the perks are fantastic. If on other ships, Junior Suite is a nice large stateroom that feels like a hotel. If those are in your budget, I'd definitely start there. If not, a balcony stateroom is a nice upgrade.

The romance packages are a nice touch: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/romance-packages/

Also a couples massage or some pampering treatments for her (facial, massage, etc) are always nice. You can pre-book those on your cruise planner.

Hi Nigel,

Upgrading the cabin to a suite is a great idea, book a specialty restaurant, if she enjoys spas you can present her with the services and have her select one. Also take a look at some of the excursions and find one she may like. Bring a bottle of wine to share in your room.

Hope this helps.

Donna

Speaking only for myself, my wife wouldn't give a darn about a suite. A couple of birthdays ago I spent that money and then some on a very special piece of jewelry at my local jewelry store. She was completely floored when I gave it to her at dinner. Then I took her someplace very nice in one of the ports. The trip itself can stand on its own as something to spoil her. There are some pretty cool places in certain ports that she might love.

Nigel,

Upgrade to a balcony as a minimum. If your budget allows, a Junior Suite would be better. Junior suites are about 50% larger than a regular stateroom. Of course, if money is not a concern, the Owners Suite is the most luxurious. The other add-ons mentioned below are all worthy of consideration.

Go for the balcony and a great dinner ! she will love it! Oh and flowers for your cabin...:)Just want time with my husband of 38 years could care less about a suite!( We both still work) Sometimes men over think us woman!! Nothing grand we just want you present! :) Oh and a few flowers...lol

Edited by Reader0108598

I don't have any ideas for you except maybe a bottle of wine and strawberries delivered to the room? The packages I am not impressed with at all because I don't need more junk to take home. I wish they had one that was just decorations, nice photo, and in cabin full breakfast or something.

My brother refers to his wife as "The wife" and it goes all over me. Thankfully The Husband doesn't refer to me that way :)

Looks like they are sailing this Sunday so may not have rooms available to,upgrade to suite even f it is in the budget.

As others said,,,,we don't know anything about your wife but here are some of my thoughts...

For things to do onboard....

Offer to bring her coffee/tea/breakfast in bed from buffet (better than room service!)! (Or specialty coffee/tea from the specialty coffee venue)

Dinner in a specialty restaurant

If she likes dancing, then find your style of music around the ship and dance with her

Treat her to a massage (do a couple's massage if you would both enjoy)

If you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary then tell your waiter and they will sing

Be sure to read the entertainment options in the compass and go to all of the shows that sound good. (Especially go to "Love and Marriage" and Quest.)

When you are both "dolled up" in the evening have photos taken by the ship's photographer....you will see them around the ship. (You don't have to buy any you don't like or any at all. But if you have them taken you might like some of them. Actually, also do the photos as you are getting off of the ship and when the photographer stops by the dining table. I always hate dong those and surprising some of them turn out really well!)

Attend the Captain's reception on the first formal night and have the photo taken of the two of you with him

One evening from the balcony (or a public balcony area) watch the sunset together