MSC Seaside - Ocean Cay removed from itinerary

sjlin0121

It looks like MSC removed Ocean Cay till the end of schedule (Mar 2019). I booked on Dec. 03 majorly because of this private island. The Ocean Cay in my itinerary now changed to Nassau (been there twice already). Seaside itineraries in Nov-Dec 2018 all removed from booking on their website. Called the CSR and was told no compensation of any sort. Bummer!

It looks like MSC removed Ocean Cay till the end of schedule (Mar 2019). I booked on Dec. 03 majorly because of this private island. The Ocean Cay in my itinerary now changed to Nassau (been there twice already). Seaside itineraries in Nov-Dec 2018 all removed from booking on their website. Called the CSR and was told no compensation of any sort. Bummer!

you have lots of time to cancel

Well spotted!! Thanks for the heads-up! ;)

I've just checked our booking on Divina and Cozumel has been substituted for Ocean Cay on our March 2019 sailing. Not a problem for us as we weren't too interested in the island (been there, done that on uninhabited Portugese Island) and have only been to Cozumel once before back in 2000 on my first ever cruise so it would be a trip down memory lane for me.

I'm booked on the December 8 Seaside and it looks like they took off Ocean Cay but added St. Maarten. We were always scheduled to go to Nassau. Instead of sea day on the 5th day it is now on day 6. I compared my original confirmation email to what is now listed as my itinerary.

I thought I was safe booking Dec 2018 to get to Ocean Cay. No thanks on Nassau. Excited for new ship but will see if I can switch to spring 2019 and hold my rate. Got a great deal won't be able to get elsewhere, but really don't want a total repeat itinerary for me if I can avoid it.

It's all about the damage they expect from Irma.

Did you really expected compensation???

Well that's disappointing :( Coming from Australia, one of the biggest attractions for our 14-day November 2018 sailing (which I'd timed) was to experience a private island like Ocean Cay.

The alternate agenda doesn't seem that bad - but we were quite excited to try Ocean Cays!

I understand with the destruction caused by Irma though - and there are more important things than an itinerary in life. Still, would be wonderful if things did get back on track! <cross fingers>

Depending on the damage from Irma, I wouldn't count on anything in 2019 for Ocean Cay.

I'd like to know when MSC will formally notify already booked passengers (like my wife and I) of the changes! ;p;p;p

I've heard MSC are pretty poor at doing that - can anyone confirm their experience? I must admit, if it weren't for the good folks of Cruise Critic - I'd be unbelievably peeved off if I arrived to check-in to find a different itinerary!

I'd like to know when MSC will formally notify already booked passengers (like my wife and I) of the changes! ;p;p;p

I've heard MSC are pretty poor at doing that - can anyone confirm their experience? I must admit, if it weren't for the good folks of Cruise Critic - I'd be unbelievably peeved off if I arrived to check-in to find a different itinerary!

I got an email from MSC early on in our booking for Meraviglia when they pulled Tunis and replaced it with Valletta. However, we're booked on Divina for March 2019 and, having read on here about Ocean Cay being cancelled, I checked the website and saw that our itinerary has been changed, with Cozumel being the substitute and the date of the day at sea being changed. No notification or confirmation, yet, from MSC of the change.

Back in April of 2016 we booked the Seaside for a B2B 2018 summer sailing. At that time, Ocean Cay was on the itinerary. To the best of my knowledge, we have never received word from MSC that Ocean Cay was delayed. I follow Cruise Critic regularly and have known about the change (substituting Nassau :mad:) since the official delay announcement was made. If I weren't a regular web surfer and cruise critic aficionado, I'd probably still think I was going to Ocean Cay.

~Brian

It's all about the damage they expect from Irma.

I call BS. Many of us predicted extended delays with ocean cay years ago. I'm not talking season delays, I'm calling decade delays. It's just the way big projects work in the region. Heck, I believe it was a ten year delay from the time sandals said over the water bungalows would be ready to book in Jamaica until they were actually completed and that was just a few little cabanas lol.

My advice is to book msc for the value offered, but keep very minimal expectations regarding ocean cay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just logged in to see if I've been notified and it shows I have no bookings. Is this normal for MSC?

I'm managing bookings for 4 cabins Nov. 2018. I too cannot see them now (previously did). I'll wait until after Irma, and now perhaps Jose, too, to call them and see what's going on. I figure they have their hands full right now.

I also agree that this delay on Ocean Cay does not have anything to do with Irma. Though it may have been smart for them to delay the change for a week and blame it on Irma :o.