Anxiously Waiting

Poulsbo Cruisers

We are leaving our house in a few hours for our cruise and we still don't have a cabin assignment. I've been a member of this board for awhile and I know this happens from time to time. We've booked guarantees many times and have always had a cabin by now. I know we will have a cabin. I'm only posting this, because I now have a little more empathy for those who have worried about this and have asked for reassurance on this board. I'm not looking for that. I just want to apologize to those who I've judged, if only in my mind, in the past over their anxiety with this issue.

We are leaving our house in a few hours for our cruise and we still don't have a cabin assignment. I've been a member of this board for awhile and I know this happens from time to time. We've booked guarantees many times and have always had a cabin by now. I know we will have a cabin. I'm only posting this, because I now have a little more empathy for those who have worried about this and have asked for reassurance on this board. I'm not looking for that. I just want to apologize to those who I've judged, if only in my mind, in the past over their anxiety with this issue.

Keep checking your cruise personalizer. The cabin assignment really should be there. If you are using a TA don't count on being notified. Check the personalizer yourself.

I second this, and echo your sentiment. We also do not have a cabin assignment yet in guarantee. Maybe a surprise will await you at the dock. Hang in there.

Tom & Fran

Congratulations! We have left twice for cruises without a cabin assignment. On one cruise, we were visiting Seattle for a few nights before the cruise. On the other, we started the land portion of our cruise tour in Fairbanks. We found out before checking out of the lodge there--in time to send a large piece of luggage ahead to the ship to meet us. In that case, we received a nice upgrade from an obstructed view to a cabin with a balcony at the front of the ship.

Wow. Just got our assignment. We had booked the lowest category mini suite. They gave us B101, a full suite for 21 days. Wow indeed!

They definitely saved the best for last! Well worth any anxiety the delay may have caused. Hope you have a wonderful time in your suite.

I know we really hit the jackpot. This is our longest cruise at 21 days and the first time we've been upgraded to a suite. I was never expecting it with the switch to upsells by Princess. I guess it was well worth the wait. Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

I guess it would be too much to hope that we would also get the double cruise credits associated with a suite.

OP do you think your history with the line had something to do with this? i know figuring out GTY is like figuring out airline pricing, impossible. did you book with hope of upgrade? from what i understand about princess, there is no price discount for GTY like on other lines so upgrading is the only reason i can think of to get GTY

OP do you think your history with the line had something to do with this? i know figuring out GTY is like figuring out airline pricing, impossible. did you book with hope of upgrade? from what i understand about princess, there is no price discount for GTY like on other lines so upgrading is the only reason i can think of to get GTY

We booked the guarantee to get the lowest price for a mini. We usually do a mini and don't care that much about the location. Since there weren't any of the M6 categories left to select, we just did the guarantee at that price. We figured we would get a little upgrade because there aren't that many of the M6 cabins, but if not that would have been okay.