Bar snacks and nibbles

yuvraj

I remember a time when you would see nibbles placed in bars late afternoon. Things like pretzels etc. Even things like tortilla chips.

Don't see that any more but is it because they no longer do them. My memory may be playing tricks but I am sure I have seen them occasionally but only on certain tables. So is it that you have to ask for them?

Plus to share with you a minor annoyance ... I wish they sold packets of peanuts, cashews etc. so that I don't need to take them from home.

In the Viking Crown Lounge we have been given a bowl of peanuts to munch on. But I agree, I wish they had more of that around the ship.

I used to see that trail mix stuff years ago when they hosted the nightly Diamond event, but not for years.

When I saw folks dumping out the container, picking through the mix, and then putting the mix back in the container, I kind of lost interest.

• Like 4

I used to see that trail mix stuff years ago when they hosted the nightly Diamond event, but not for years.

When I saw folks dumping out the container, picking through the mix, and then putting the mix back in the container, I kind of lost interest.

One reason I've never been interested in eating "snacks and nibbles" at a bar........

In the Schooner on Enchantment in August, we asked if they had any bar snacks and were given a jar of a variety snack mix. You had to ask for it though, they weren't offering it.

I've had this experience at the duck and dog pub on the Adventure. They have mixed nuts, but you have to ask for them.

I have never had to ask to find mixed nuts on any cruise!! Oh, you mean the kind you snack on. Sorry, the nut in me couldn't resist. :D:D:D:D:D

Having twins with nut allergies, in addition to the cost savings they may be keeping them out of the open for contamination sake.

Dan

I've had this experience at the duck and dog pub on the Adventure. They have mixed nuts, but you have to ask for them.

You can ask for this at the bars -- in my experience, they give it to you in a cute little carafe, and it's peanuts-raisins-white chocolate.

We've often taken the carafe back to our room for snacks later.

You can ask for this at the bars -- in my experience, they give it to you in a cute little carafe, and it's peanuts-raisins-white chocolate.

Yep, that's the stuff. It was the white chocolate that I'd see people fishing for.

They have had it in the Schooner Bar on my last four Grandeur cruises. As mentioned, you do have to ask. My experience was that when the servers got to know you, they would bring some automatically.

You DO know that the peanuts in that bowl in front of you used to be chocolate covered peanuts, right? ;) ;) ;) :D

• Haha 2