Have Suite Managers now rolled out across other ships?

Darren267

Hi everyone, I was aware recently that Anca had joined Equinox as Suites Manager and had understood she was trialling the position with it expected later to roll out. I can see from a recent thread on here that people are now talking about Suites Managers on other ships so I'm wondering whether it has now been rolled out and there will be a Suite Manager on Silhouette next month, or if people are referring to the Michael's Club Concierge and Suites Manager as one of the same thing? Does anyone know?

I spoke to the shore side Concierge, Edward, yesterday regarding our upcoming trip on Eclipse. While on the phone I asked who was currently MCC and if there was a suite manager in post yet. He replied that John Escobar was the MCC and that there currently wasn't an SM on Eclipse but that there would be soon.

Maja still can be found in Michael's Club most of the time.

Strangely we saw her more than the concierge on our Canada New England cruise.

Perhaps it's because I like the afternoon tea when butlers are setting up.

I spoke to the shore side Concierge, Edward, yesterday regarding our upcoming trip on Eclipse. While on the phone I asked who was currently MCC and if there was a suite manager in post yet. He replied that John Escobar was the MCC and that there currently wasn't an SM on Eclipse but that there would be soon.

Just off Eclipse, no suite manager but John worked hard enough for two people.....

You are in for a treat with John looking after you!

Strangely we saw her more than the concierge on our Canada New England cruise.

Perhaps it's because I like the afternoon tea when butlers are setting up.

You seeing Maja more than you seeing Anastasia doesn't surprise me at all. ;)

Does anyone know who MCC is on INFINITY? and if they have a Suite Manager. Just curious but not sailing until end of November.

The current Michael's Club Concierge is Priscilla Schmitt. She is absolutely wonderful. The Suite Manager is Erick Guzman, but he just left for vacation on Sept 24/17. I believe the current Suite Manager is Richard Rodrigues.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What does a Suite Manager do differently vs. The Concierge?

The Concierge and all of the butlers report to the Suite Manager. The Suite Manager takes care of coordination of services and handles problems, guest relations issues, special needs. That was the way it was explained to me at least. In reality the MC concierge used to always do these things anyway.

The Concierge and all of the butlers report to the Suite Manager. The Suite Manager takes care of coordination of services and handles problems, guest relations issues, special needs. That was the way it was explained to me at least. In reality the MC concierge used to always do these things anyway.

Maybe this frees up the concierge to focus on Zenith guests who are not staying in suites?

Just off Eclipse, no suite manager but John worked hard enough for two people.....

You are in for a treat with John looking after you!

Chemmo, I was on the same cruise as you, but regrettably I cannot say the same about the Michael's Club Concierge who did not follow-up on a complaint we made to him and had to escalate the matter. I am now following up with a significant complaint letter as he actions really spoiled our Celebrity Cruise overall experience. IMHO he is not up to the job of looking after suite guests.

We can only comment about our own experiences. We found John helpful, supportive, proactive and a pleasure to be with.

In all our years with Celebrity we have never had an issue that has needed dealing with post cruise...

Hope your issues are quickly resolved.

Chemmo, I was on the same cruise as you, but regrettably I cannot say the same about the Michael's Club Concierge who did not follow-up on a complaint we made to him and had to escalate the matter. I am now following up with a significant complaint letter as he actions really spoiled our Celebrity Cruise overall experience. IMHO he is not up to the job of looking after suite guests.

I am slightly concerned to hear this as I had heard on other threads (and elsewhere that Mr Escobar was good). What were your concerns? Have raised this elsewhere on CC?

I am slightly concerned to hear this as I had heard on other threads (and elsewhere that Mr Escobar was good). What were your concerns? Have raised this elsewhere on CC?

Hi groryjm, I am sure other guests like Chemmo had a good experience, regretably we did not. I do not think it is appropriate to expand on the issue we had, that could have been easily resolved. However, in summary, due to inaction of the Concierge after three polite chasers, including him walking out of Michael's Club to avoid me as he had not carried out his duties, I had no option to complain at a higher level. To a greater extent this issue was resolved by a senior member of the Eclipse team, who fully acknowledged the significant short comings of the Concierge and offered appropriate compensation. However, due to the high level of ill feelings towards the Concierge we did not want our holiday to be spoiled further and therefore avoided all further contact with him, which therefore excluded us from using Michael's Club and participating in a helipad sail away, a bridge tour, and the benefits of a relaxed disembarkation when arriving back into Southampton. It was a pity that one crew member spoiled our overall experience as all other members were excellent, especially everyone in Luminae. I will be taking this further with Celebrity to ensure that the Concierge concerned carries out his duties in a more appropriate matter in the future. Perhaps the Eclipse is in need of a Suite Manager to ensure this.

So, does this mean there is an 'extra' person handling suite guests? An extra person available when the butler or concierge is busy, or a person to make suite life more of an experience? Just curious.

The current Michael's Club Concierge is Priscilla Schmitt. She is absolutely wonderful. The Suite Manager is Erick Guzman, but he just left for vacation on Sept 24/17. I believe the current Suite Manager is Richard Rodrigues.

Randy

Thanks Randy - Really appreciate the information.

So, does this mean there is an 'extra' person handling suite guests? An extra person available when the butler or concierge is busy, or a person to make suite life more of an experience? Just curious.

It would be interesting to see exactly what the 'new' roles for butlers, concierge and suite managers are...

It would be interesting to see exactly what the 'new' roles for butlers, concierge and suite managers are...

I would hope the duties of the butler and concierge stay the same. It would be nice if the suite manager would assume a role somewhat like the Genie (RCCL). WOW.

I would hope the duties of the butler and concierge stay the same. It would be nice if the suite manager would assume a role somewhat like the Genie (RCCL). WOW.

We were on the Allure in January and were not over stunned with the suite offerings. We were in the suite level below Genie. Just exactly what more does a Genie do for you than a butler/concierge.....