No daily water for aq class on infinity

hcat

We just sailed the Infinity first timers Celebrity or aqua class.....water first day only per cabin attendant and no flowers.....we don't know any better having been first timers. While we loved Blu and the smaller venue and more personalized service, we would only book Celebrity again if we can merge our RCI status and get a great deal, and we'd only try again if we sail Solstice class ships.

We're sailing on Eclipse in December after a few years away trying other cruise lines where bottled water is included. I assumed we'd have bottled water in Aqua class the way we used to.

We don't have a beverage package; the nightly cocktail party is more than enough alcohol for both of us.

After reading this thread, I can't figure out if we will have water in our cabin. Does someone know?

In December 2015, they started providing two bottles of water on just the first day of the cruise and ended the daily delivery of additional bottled water (to lots of consternation for those who booked a trip with it as a listed amenity). One poster (as far as I can tell, it's only one person) has posted that they received daily delivery on a recent cruise but many others are reporting that they did not, including the OP. There has been no official announcement either way. You should assume you'll only get it on the first day until more people are reporting that it has returned as a daily replenishment.

We had lovely flowers....waiting for us..A red rose and the typical ones that last forever..name escapes me..I snipped a bit off the stems a few times, changed the water and they lasted all 8 days

Also had the fragrant oil with the reeds..flipped them twice to refresh.

We discussed the sparkly stuff with attendant but never bothered with it. Usually we just use it with OJ anyhow...

No mention of the herbal tea but we think it. tastes nasty so no loss.

The canapes were worse than ever..we switched to cheese..some days it came with crackers..some days not!

But we missed the water and soft plush towels of the past.

In December 2015, they started providing two bottles of water on just the first day of the cruise and ended the daily delivery of additional bottled water (to lots of consternation for those who booked a trip with it as a listed amenity). One poster (as far as I can tell, it's only one person) has posted that they received daily delivery on a recent cruise but many others are reporting that they did not, including the OP. There has been no official announcement either way. You should assume you'll only get it on the first day until more people are reporting that it has returned as a daily replenishment.

Agree, expect the first day only and it will be a bonus if you get more.

Forgot all about the tea. I did like that every day. Is that gone now as well, or did they just forget it on Infinity?

As regards the bubbly, we always ask for red wine instead. We always get a drink package and as we often stay a couple days (or more) after a cruise we just pack it in our suitcase and drink it in our hotel. Not top quality but not bad.

Yes, it is only water and yes, you can pick it up in port and slap a luggage tag on it (like anyone wants to schlep around a case of water in addition to their baggage or drag it from the local grocery store back to their hotel and then to the cruise ship) but it is the principal of the thing. Following that logic, should we say heck, it's only food, let's pick up some McDonalds and bring that onboard as well and not expect the ship to provide it. Geez Louise. Same or increased cost; fewer and fewer benefits to go with it. That is more the point being made.

OMG, it's bottles of water. The other day I bought a case of 40 half liter bottles at Costco for 7 cents each.If you're driving to the port, grab a case and slap a luggage tag on it.

That is unless you have the premium package then use Pellegrino to brush your teeth.

We usually schlep some btls of Fiji on when cruising from Fl snowbird base.

This cruise we flew to LAX...no places for gathering supplies near Hilton San Pedro..

Anyhow, our problem will soon be solved as we are trading in our next Celeb cruise for an AIC resort, Concierge Level, where we will be treated in style!

Forgot all about the tea. I did like that every day. Is that gone now as well, or did they just forget it on Infinity?

As regards the bubbly, we always ask for red wine instead. We always get a drink package and as we often stay a couple days (or more) after a cruise we just pack it in our suitcase and drink it in our hotel. Not top quality but not bad.

Yes, it is only water and yes, you can pick it up in port and slap a luggage tag on it (like anyone wants to schlep around a case of water in addition to their baggage or drag it from the local grocery store back to their hotel and then to the cruise ship) but it is the principal of the thing. Following that logic, should we say heck, it's only food, let's pick up some McDonalds and bring that onboard as well and not expect the ship to provide it. Geez Louise. Same or increased cost; fewer and fewer benefits to go with it. That is more the point being made.

Agree .great post

...tea is probably available upon request...

So confused about the entire water delivered to the AQ Class rooms - it is? it isn't? - It is so crazy not to give them bottled water in their cabins - It is an AQUA Class Cabin for petes sake. I surely hope Celebrity gets it figured out! Perhaps mentioning it to the captains club might get it rectified?

I actually just called Captains Club - It is listed as ONE water on the first day for each person in the Cabin. :o It is an Aqua Class Cabin, and I find that very strange to take away the daily water. :eek: She mentioned that if more people were unhappy or wanted a change they would be hearing from the members.... hummmmm, maybe they need the phones to ring a little more??? ;)

So confused about the entire water delivered to the AQ Class rooms - it is? it isn't? - It is so crazy not to give them bottled water in their cabins - It is an AQUA Class Cabin for petes sake. I surely hope Celebrity gets it figured out! Perhaps mentioning it to the captains club might get it rectified?

Celebrity figured it out. It's called death (of perks) by a thousand cuts. Look how much money they save over the course of the year by restricting the bottles of water to one! A calling campaign won't work. Who wants to wait over an hour on the phone to tell them to add water to the Aqua Class cabin?

Look what they did to the Classic beverage package. Moved several of the brands into the Premium package but now allow you to buy the drink and only pay the cash difference over the Classic limit. That will generate $1-$2 a drink and the sheep won't mind.

Look what they did to the Classic beverage package. Moved several of the brands into the Premium package but now allow you to buy the drink and only pay the cash difference over the Classic limit. That will generate $1-$2 a drink and the sheep won't mind.

Interesting. I've not sailed on X since february so am unsure of the changes. I don't suppose there is a current list of beverages included in the two packages anywhere is there? :)

Interesting. I've not sailed on X since february so am unsure of the changes. I don't suppose there is a current list of beverages included in the two packages anywhere is there? :)

I'll send you the link but don't expect it to be set in concrete. It's constantly changing and YMMV depending upon which ship you're sailing. Here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

The cabin stewards do not have an assistant any more so they have to do everything themselves. Guess that’s another cut back. As they increased the number of cabins they have to clean and took away the help.

Sorry, but not correct. With the new system, all assistants who passed the test became stateroom attendants and the number of cabins they have to clean was decreased to an amount depending on the types of cabins (balcony or not, size of the room). We've also done several cruises since the change and all stateroom attendants preferred the new system and so did we.;)

I'll send you the link but don't expect it to be set in concrete. It's constantly changing and YMMV depending upon which ship you're sailing. Here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

Thanks. Will take a look. Pretty certain an upgrade to premium will be in order.

I actually just called Captains Club - It is listed as ONE water on the first day for each person in the Cabin. :o It is an Aqua Class Cabin, and I find that very strange to take away the daily water. :eek: She mentioned that if more people were unhappy or wanted a change they would be hearing from the members.... hummmmm, maybe they need the phones to ring a little more??? ;)

This change happened in 2015, as I explained in my post at #27 (linked below). Of course there are not a lot of people calling now about this. They made the change and waited out the rants and it apparently didn't affect bookings because it's been almost 2 years since they switched to bottles on the first day only.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54289977&postcount=27

Sorry' date=' but not correct. With the new system, all assistants who passed the test became stateroom attendants and the number of cabins they have to clean was decreased to an amount depending on the types of cabins (balcony or not, size of the room). We've also done several cruises since the change and all stateroom attendants preferred the new system and so did we.;)[/quote']

On my last cruise in February, the cabin attendant I had didn't like the change. He had 24 shared with an assistant before and then had 14 by himself. We were aft on an S class and he also had the two suites aft with his other cabins.

As I mentioned, the only reason I posted was because recent posts said water was coming back to AQ after the Pres cruise...Was not true on our Infinity cruise

We do mention it on all our comment sheets and reviews...but guess no one listens!

PLENTY of us complained when it first happened a couple of years ago. We were summarily ignored.

I just keep refilling our 2 bottles from either the ice water and ice we ask to have in our cabin daily, or from the buffet (don't get excited, we don't touch the bottle to the spout, I put the water into a glass, then use a small funnel I bring to pour it into the bottle). I absolutely refuse to give X one penny for bottled water when I feel it was taken away from AQ unfairly. If they're going to cheap, I'm going to be cheaper.

This really upsets me about the rescinded water in AQ. We do NOT get a beverage package since we have the Elite cocktail hour, and mimosas in the morning, and that's plenty of alcohol for us.

Maybe there were so many people with beverage packages that they felt the water was not appreciated?

How about this, LLP...

Why not have the water in AQ be "on demand" - if you want 2 a day, ask your steward and ye shall receive. If you only need one, even better. If you want to skip a day, just don't drink what you last got. We see our steward all the time and it would not be a big deal to say "can we please have another bottle"...or, "we have plenty right now, thanks". If you have a beverage package and don't need any, let them know that, too.

And no, we don't drink soda or fancy coffees so a non-alcoholic package is a waste for us, too.

Where do Elite members get Mimosa's in the morning new to Celebrity? Diamond Plus on RCCL.

In the morning they have an "Elite Breakfast" which is a buffet continental breakfast held in a lounge (on the Solstice Class ships its usually in the Tuscan Grill (Deck 5...aft). At that breakfast they will serve you various drinks (there is a short menu on each table) including Mimosas, Champagne, bellinis, smoothies, bloody marys, etc. They are free. Or course, if you have a drink package you can get these drinks at other bars. When you get into your cabin on embarkation day, there should be a letter explaining the various Elite/Elite + events.

Hank

PLENTY of us complained when it first happened a couple of years ago. We were summarily ignored.

I just keep refilling our 2 bottles from either the ice water and ice we ask to have in our cabin daily, or from the buffet (don't get excited, we don't touch the bottle to the spout, I put the water into a glass, then use a small funnel I bring to pour it into the bottle). I absolutely refuse to give X one penny for bottled water when I feel it was taken away from AQ unfairly. If they're going to cheap, I'm going to be cheaper.

A couple of years ago, the Hotel Director was not aware of the change in the water bottle program. We had to tell him about it as part of our complaint. But staff knew as we were given only 2 bottles for the cruise.