How much time per day do you use your balcony - poll

LMaxwell

Everyday.

We got room service breakfast most mornings and would sit on the balcony to eat.

Sea days we’d go back to the room late afternoon and sit on the balcony for an hour or more.

We had an inside cabin this time and missed the balcony alot!

For us it depends on the day. When in port we love to be out there when we arrive and depart, also love to to just sit out and people watch from the balcony. On a day at Sea if we aren’t in direct sun we will be out there quite a bit, reading a book, enjoying the breeze etc.

Just curious, how much do you use your balcony on a cruise; and is it significantly more on sea day versus port day, morning versus night, do you use it every day or just some days?

We love our balcony. ON day 1 as soon as we can get in our room, going on the balcony is the 1st thing we do.....even after 14 cruises. We have room service deliver our morning coffee delivered and sit and enjoy our quiet time together. We love to watch people come on and off the ship when in port. We go out on the balcony at night to look for other ships and to take in both the freakiness of the darkness in the middle of nowhere as well as God's power to have created the beautiful oceans. For us, we will always have a balcony.

We all have what works and what doesn't work for us. Some get drink pkg, some don't. Some don't care much about their room cause and could care less about a balcony, some...like us thoroughly enjoy the balcony.

We go out at least once a day, but we usually only sit out there when we're in port. It can be too humid and windy otherwise. The main reason we get a balcony is for the view and the ability go to out if we want. We just love having the outdoor space.

What's also fun is to watch the runners when we're in some ports. Cozumel and Nassau are two that we've been entertained at with the different ways people who are late handle it lol.

Just curious, how much do you use your balcony on a cruise; and is it significantly more on sea day versus port day, morning versus night, do you use it every day or just some days?

We eat our breakfasts on the balcony.

Any time of day when we come back to the cabin we will sit out on the balcony for an hour.

When the ship sets sail we always watch from our balcony.

When we get back late at night we have a hot chocolate drink on the balcony.

Out of 45 cruises we have had 42 on balcony or better cabins and we love them.

We have had inside cabins, outside view and balcony in the past. The most memorable holiday was with balcony just because the extra space outside gave my husband and I extra time when our children were small and sleeping in the cabin. This time we have a balcony and our children have grown but we still want to all stay in one cabin. Again this will give us the extra space for getting ready, sitting and chilling until we are all ready and the extra space for whoever stays awake later to sit somewhere and not disturb the others. Of course balcony's are only as good as the weather outside! Our last cruise to Caribbean balcony would have been next to useless as it rained pretty much all the time!!!

Kind of depends,but I'd say the minimum is an hour a day. I !over to go out early morning and watch the waves go by. I also !over being out there was we are pulling into a port.

Last cruise we were out there all the time since we had a huge corner balcony.

We love our balcony. ON day 1 as soon as we can get in our room, going on the balcony is the 1st thing we do.....even after 14 cruises. We have room service deliver our morning coffee delivered and sit and enjoy our quiet time together. We love to watch people come on and off the ship when in port. We go out on the balcony at night to look for other ships and to take in both the freakiness of the darkness in the middle of nowhere as well as God's power to have created the beautiful oceans. For us, we will always have a balcony.

We all have what works and what doesn't work for us. Some get drink pkg, some don't. Some don't care much about their room cause and could care less about a balcony, some...like us thoroughly enjoy the balcony.

Exactly

When I'm able to splurge on a balcony, I'm out there constantly. I'll order room service and have it out there. When I get back from a port day, I'll sit out there to unwind and look at any pictures I took. Before I get ready for dinner, I'll be out there again for a bit and then before bed, I'm out there listening to the waves.

I cruise mainly because I love being on the water, so when I'm in a balcony, I fully enjoy it.

My next cruise will be a hump JS - I'm so looking forward to it!

We keep the balcony door open a lot for the sound of the waves and fresh air. We mostly stay out there when docking or leaving ports. Even on Alaska cruise we didn't go out on it much more then in the Caribbean. And still " open door" with all that comes with it constitutes use, so I have to say we use it all the time when in a room. Also, we like to lay on the couch or in bed and look out through balcony doors.

Please don't do this. That "open door" impacts the cabins around you.

When I'm able to splurge on a balcony, I'm out there constantly. I'll order room service and have it out there. When I get back from a port day, I'll sit out there to unwind and look at any pictures I took. Before I get ready for dinner, I'll be out there again for a bit and then before bed, I'm out there listening to the waves.

I cruise mainly because I love being on the water, so when I'm in a balcony, I fully enjoy it.

My next cruise will be a hump JS - I'm so looking forward to it!

We're in a hump JS on our cruise in a week on Oasis (b2b, so 14 days onboard). We've had hump JS before but I can't remember which ship. It was either Freedom or Allure I think lol. Hump balconies are nice. When we have two loungers, we're more likely to spend time out there.

We're in a hump JS on our cruise in a week on Oasis (b2b, so 14 days onboard). We've had hump JS before but I can't remember which ship. It was either Freedom or Allure I think lol. Hump balconies are nice. When we have two loungers, we're more likely to spend time out there.
On caribbean cruise we only use it for a total of 40 min to an hour total in 7 days. The longest was on our alaskan cruise. We stayed out there 2 or 3 hours a day while sailing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It depends on what time of year it is when we cruise. We cruised early in Dec. last year-it was dark by 6pm or so-so on port days we did not have as much time to sit out on the balcony to enjoy the views. But in summer-when it is light till 9pm-and later-we had alot more time on the balcony. We almost always get a balcony-just for the extra space in the room-but in the winter-we will sometimes get an inside-due to the daylight issue-and to save money so we can cruise more often!

I've always booked a balcony but don't use it much anymore. The little one no longer takes naps. Some days could be as little as 15 minutes. I like having a glass wall and seeing the ocean at all times.

Not all ships have glass, some are metal balconies. It depends on the age of the ship.