No Loyalty Category upgrade on C Cabins

nini

I just learned (from Celebrity) that the Loyalty complementary "Upgrade" on Celebrity

DOES NOT include the Category C cabins- EVER, on any cruise or

any ship.

MY TA checked because our original booking was not done correctly (that

person is no longer with the company).

We learn something everyday...

I just learned (from Celebrity) that the Loyalty complementary "Upgrade" on Celebrity

DOES NOT include the Category C cabins- EVER, on any cruise or

any ship.

MY TA checked because our original booking was not done correctly (that

person is no longer with the company).

We learn something everyday...

What is a 'Category C' cabin, is that an inside or suite level? Sorry I do not know.

bon voyage

It's really not an upgrade...rather you pay the price of the next lower class...eg you book a C2 but pay the C3 price. The pricing adjustment has to be made at initial booking. Having said that:

you can "upgrade" one level from an inside cabin to an inside cabin

you can "upgrade" one level from an outside cabin to an outside cabin

You can "upgrade" one level from a balcony cabin to a balcony cabin

You can "upgrade" from a C3 to a C2 concierge cabin

You can "upgrade" from an A2 to an A1 aqua class cabin

There are no captain's club "upgrades" for suites or family cabins.

AFAIK, this is available on all ships as long as the higher level cabin is available when you book. If you book a C3 and there are no C2 cabins you will pay the C3 price. You can not later change to a C2 cabin and still pay the C3 price because this "benefit" is only available when you make your initial booking.

I'm sure all of this is spelled out somewhere on the Celebrity web site.

ALL "C" categories were (upon booking) and are still available.

Celebrity did not catch that when I booked (nor of course the TA

no longer with the company). I had given them our CC # so it

is frustrating that as one of the posters said that they paid

for a C3 and received a C2.

Conflicting information... very frustrating.

Even so, we are very much looking forward to our cruise!!!

I always book directly with Celebrity and always they remind me that I can book a C2 at a C3 price when I book Concierge Class. Just booked for 2019 and again got C2 for C3 price. The benefits page describes exactly what can/cannot be upgraded.

It's really not an upgrade...rather you pay the price of the next lower class...eg you book a C2 but pay the C3 price. The pricing adjustment has to be made at initial booking. Having said that:

AFAIK, this is available on all ships as long as the higher level cabin is available when you book. If you book a C3 and there are no C2 cabins you will pay the C3 price. You can not later change to a C2 cabin and still pay the C3 price because this "benefit" is only available when you make your initial booking.

This is the correct information, however, I have been successful in getting a one category upgrade after my initial booking when at first there were no cabins available. My neighbor even received a phone call from Celebrity several months after her initial booking asking her if she wanted to upgrade one category when they became available closer to the sail date. They may say no but it is worth a shot.

And, even though not explicitly stated above, there are no one category upgrades when booking a guarantee cabin. So, if you book a Concierge guarantee, you can't ask for a C2. Maybe this is what the OP's TA was referring to. Not sure ... but the new TA was wrong if they stated you could never upgrade in a Concierge cabin ... but as you noted, a C2 cabin for C3 pricing is acceptable and I've done it before.

FYI...Some TA's will not honor the One Cat Upgrade, because it is "Not Combinable" with their group rates.

FYI...Some TA's will not honor the One Cat Upgrade, because it is "Not Combinable" with their group rates.

That is true ... hadn't even thought of that before. They have group rates with only certain cabin categories available. Once, I wanted the group rate but a cabin in a lower category and they just wouldn't let me have both. Sounded a bit ridiculous to me but those were the rules.

Upgrade from 12 to 11 is also not allowed.

And in order to pay the lower price for the upper class cabin both types of cabins must be available. For example, if you book an A1, you cannot get the A2 price unless at least one A2 cabin is also available for booking.

Booking a C2 at C3 rate is only available IF C3 cabins are available through Celebrity. If Celebrity does not have C3 but TA has C3, you may not transfer a C2 cabin to the TA and ask for C3 rate.

Separately, if Celebrity has all categories and TA has group rate for C3 but not C2, you may book C2 at C3 group rate.

I have been told that a C3 to C2 upgrade is not allowable on certain holiday sailings.... Bummer.

Actually, all of the one category upgrades are only available at their discretion ... or so I've been told. It's frustrating when you've paid more and and someone else on your sailing has gotten the upgrade, though.

Holiday sailings are excluded from Any Captains Club upgrades (Xmas/New Yeas specifically) as re "special sailings" like the Presidents Cruise.

As others have said C1 are excluded from upgrades along with SV and FV and all suites and meta-category guarantee cabin codes (XA, XC, X, Y, Z)

I just booked a C3 on a Christmas sailing and was originally told I couldn't upgrade to a C2. I called back a week later and asked for an upgrade and got a hump cabin with no problems. I've learned from these boards to call a different celebrity planner as it's a guarantee that I'll receive conflicting or different info.

I just booked a C3 on a Christmas sailing and was originally told I couldn't upgrade to a C2. I called back a week later and asked for an upgrade and got a hump cabin with no problems. I've learned from these boards to call a different celebrity planner as it's a guarantee that I'll receive conflicting or different info.

Which is another inconsistency as holiday bookings are supposed to be exempt from the upgrade offer :rolleyes:.

Never had a problem upgrading on Christmas cruises even though it says you can't. 5 Christmas cruises, no problem. And they've been booked through Celebrity, a TA and on-board future cruises.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I was able to upgrade one holiday cruise, but not another ...

having a flash back to the "Cans" thread.

Never had a problem upgrading on Christmas cruises even though it says you can't. 5 Christmas cruises, no problem. And they've been booked through Celebrity, a TA and on-board future cruises.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You’ve said this before, and it definitely states that holiday sailings are exempt from the upgrade, which begs to question ‘why are some able to get it and others not’?

X’s next tag line should be: ‘a line of inconsistencies, just waiting for you’ :D.