Is it possible to make 11:00 am flight in Miami from port?

rushedmom

We are on Equinox in June and wondering if we can make a flight at 11 from the port of Miami to the airport It’s been years since we sailed out of Miami and the logistics are a little fuzzy in my memory lol. Also what is best way to get to airport Uber or Cab?

Thanks in advance

It is doable if there are no delays. Got off the Equinox on Oct 6, which happens to be a Friday. We were off the ship by 8:30, but this was way after self assist. People start disembarking @ 7.

Also my plan was to get Uber to the airport, but there were so many taxis out there waving at us, we just jumped in the first one that approached us. It was $10 pp.

It is doable if there are no delays. Got off the Equinox on Oct 6, which happens to be a Friday. We were off the ship by 8:30, but this was way after self assist. People start disembarking @ 7.

Also my plan was to get Uber to the airport, but there were so many taxis out there waving at us, we just jumped in the first one that approached us. It was $10 pp.

Thank you,

I sure hope so- we have a 11:45 am flight out of Miami - I'm a bit nervous - but hopefully all will go well for all of us!

I believe Celebrity's choice air allows for flights out of Miami at 11:45am or noon.... So this might help to reassure you.

I believe Celebrity's choice air allows for flights out of Miami at 11:45am or noon.... So this might help to reassure you.

Thanks!

We plan to do the walk off option and take our luggage with us - so hopefully should be OK. Nice that airport is pretty close to the cruise terminal.

11:45 AM will be fine.

As some say you a 11:00 AM "should" be fine. For me I don't like "should" and prefer will so I personally don't book one as early as 11:00 AM.

I would consider day of the week and time of year and whether or not I had TSA Pre Check.

Keith

I hope we can make 11:15! Connections are always very tight for us, there aren't many flights to our home town, and we have to fly Delta so there aren't as many flights out of Miami as out of some cities. We have TSA Precheck, and internet on the ship, so hopefully we will be checked in and ready to go early on disembarkation morning.

From Miami cruise port, we have been at FLL airport by 8:30 each time. We just walked off the ship with our luggage, breezed thru customs and then on to the airport in Fort Lauderdale. Should be easier at Miami.

The problem is the airport at Miami. We had TSA and the line was huge. Got to the airport, which is huge. Has a train to get you around. Got to the American gate only to find out it was changed. Thankfully, I had programed American Airlines to text me any changes. The staff at American did not know about the gate change. We had to get the train to get back to the other end of the airport. The airport signage was wrong. My phone text was right.

No problem in Miami. Just got off the Equinox and it was one of the fastest debarkations of our 25 cruise experience.

Kind of off the subject, but Miami uses a luggage conveyor belt system similar to airports to retrieve your bags. First time I've seen it at a cruise terminal.

Burt

We just did in August, however, we walked off with our bags. Miami is not the same as other ports, they use a carousel and it can be hit or miss. We were off the ship before 8:00 a.m. but had to ask a lot of questions to get on the right line and got a taxi right away.

Can anyone speak to the lines at MIA to check luggage? I'm not as worried getting off the ship as I am encountering crazy, long lines at MIA to check in my luggage. TSA precheck will get me through security but nothing can speed up the bag check lines.

The only correct answer is 'probably'. Have made it to the airport that early numerous times. Then again, on one cruise we were not allowed to begin disembarkation until after 9:30 due to a Customs issue. You would not have made it that time. Odds are with you, but no one can honestly say it is a 'for sure' situation if they know what they are talking about.

We made 10 am flight on Monday.. did self walk off was around 715..just took a taxi didn't feel like waiting for an uber to save a couple $... the airport does suck tho.. tsa line was unorganized and slow but we still had over an hour to spare.. would assume that only gets worse as more ppl disembark