Noro Back to Back?

I take it that you are asking if people actively suffering from noro at the end of the first cruise have to get off? That is not RCI's decision. CBP requires that the passenger count onboard be "zero" before they will allow new passengers to board, so yes, ill passengers will be required to disembark. I would assume there would be an area like a lounge that would be quarantined for them, and that wheelchair assist and medical would be available.

Does Royal make the people doing back to back who get Noro get off the ship at the end of the 1st cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make you fill out the health questionnaire between cruises. So if you answer yes to any of the questions you would be evaluated by the medical staff before being allowed to reboard the ship.

"Are you asking if they will allow sick passengers to get BACK onboard (to potentially infect incoming people)? Wonder what that policy is..."

Yes that is what I am asking. Yes that is what I am asking.

We understand that the best way to avoid Noro is to bring packets of travel bleach hand washes .Those will kill the Noro bug.The alcohol that they use is insufficient . Also NEVER bring your hands to your face on a cruise unless washed in soapy hit water first :cool:

We understand that the best way to avoid Noro is to bring packets of travel bleach hand washes .Those will kill the Noro bug.The alcohol that they use is insufficient . Also NEVER bring your hands to your face on a cruise unless washed in soapy hit water first :cool:

Travel bleach hand washes?

You could have germs DRIPPING off your hands....as long as you don't put your hands in your mouth, nose or eyes, you are quite unlikely to catch anything. YOU need to give germs ENTRY into your body. Simply having dirty hands will not make you sick... (might look bad..but whatever)....you have to allow the germs into your system...and your mouth, nose and eyes are the entry points!

So..it's really not others problems..but YOUR own practices that make you ill. Stop touching your face!

Had Noro at the end of the first leg of a b2b on the Grandeur out of Baltimore a few years ago. Many others were also sick. Was not allowed to take the second leg of the cruise and refund came months later. Joanna and Tom

Thanks for the reply

There is noro now on Anthem. We are boarding tomorrow and have received an email that check in is delayed a little for them to sanitize the ship.

Someone who is currently on the ship on a back to back has been posting to our rollcall with details. They said at turnaround day, a woman in a wheelchair with a metal basket in her lap was denied reboarding for her B2B because she was sick.

They make you fill out the health questionnaire between cruises. So if you answer yes to any of the questions you would be evaluated by the medical staff before being allowed to reboard the ship.
Bob have done more than 3 dozen B2B cruises and have never once had to fill out a "second" health questionnaire.:D

When on a Grandeur B2B a while ago there was an outbreak of Noro. The last night of the first week there was a knock on the door. Sure enough there stood two members of the medical staff. They wanted to talk to us to make sure we were not affected by the virus. So all was good as we assured them we were perfectly healthy.

The next day (turnaround) we had to leave the ship while the crew did deep cleaning (CDC was on the ship as well). Fortunately we had a car at the port. Guest services told us to keep all receipts for the day (meals, movie, museum, whatever) and they would reimburse. They couldn’t have been nicer. We had family members joining us for the second week so it would have been horrible if we had to leave.

Since this was around spring break time there was only one other couple who were doing back to back. I heard from the head waiter that they had to leave because one of them had symptoms of Noro. The second week was to be there Pinnacle cruise! Katherine

Bob have done more than 3 dozen B2B cruises and have never once had to fill out a "second" health questionnaire.:D

I just got off the Oasis last Sunday after doing a B4B. We had to fill out the health questionnaire each week before reboarding the ship. Have had to do it on other ships also. I guess it is just another inconsistency, but you would think it may be required by some governmental agency rather than the cruise line.

• 3 weeks later...
Curious as to why you would ask. Are you planning to contract Noro while on board, specifically on the first leg?

A friend is organising a group excursion in early 2018 involving 6 Royal cruises on 3 ships over 10 weeks which are all B2B with numbers from 18 to 32. He was recently on Celebrity Solstice for one cruise which had noro for around 5 straight cruises. We were just curious to know how Royal handles this situation for B2B.

I just got off the Oasis last Sunday after doing a B4B. We had to fill out the health questionnaire each week before reboarding the ship. Have had to do it on other ships also. I guess it is just another inconsistency, but you would think it may be required by some governmental agency rather than the cruise line.

We have done B2B the last 5 years during Jan and Feb, and have never filled out health forms for second cruise. One of the cruises had noro and we came back the night before and was put up at downtown hotel. Next day, reboarded and never filled out health questionnaire. Like you said, inconsistencies all aboard.

A friend is organising a group excursion in early 2018 involving 6 Royal cruises on 3 ships over 10 weeks which are all B2B with numbers from 18 to 32. He was recently on Celebrity Solstice for one cruise which had noro for around 5 straight cruises. We were just curious to know how Royal handles this situation for B2B.

I just got off the Grandeur on Thursday which had Noro breakouts. The B2B cruisers had to get off the ship, they were bused to Baltimore for a few hours. All cruisers joining the ship got emails telling them not to show up at the pier until noon as not just the ship had to be fumigated but also the pier! We all got a letter in our stateroom also regarding procedure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums