Price drop after final payment??

DISFANS3

Every cruise we shop using a web site that travel agents will bid our cruise . This may be what we want or not . Many times we get extra on board credits using this web site :)

OR

Because of the refundable & non refundable fares ,we have decided to look at cabin availability after final payment date . If we can score a great deal we book & pay in full .That still leaves us enough time to get decent air fares :)

That is not 100% true as I posted above. If a price is part of the GGG sale they won't always let you upgrade.

I was told no and even got the supervisor involved and they would not relent.

Yes, RCI seems to have gotten pretty strict with that rule.

Tell me the difference between the RCI and RCCL. Royal Caribbean International and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line are the same company. You are being argumentative.

No, they are not.

RCI is the Royal Caribbean that operates the ships.

RCCL is the corporate entity that owns RCI and Celebrity and Azamara.

No more so than General Motors and Chevrolet are the same company.

Legally different entities, and holdings under the parent company are different, and may have different policies.

Just like you cannot use a Chevrolet rebate offer to buy a Buick.

Best advice I can offer is don't check prices after final payment date. What is the point really? All it accomplishes is make you wish you had the lower price when in reality - the cruise was worth what YOU paid for it or you would not have booked to begin with.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, curiosity killed the cat with some people. Cruise lines routinely lower the price (sometimes substantial) after final payment. Cruise lines are trying to fill berths; not give currently booked and paid passengers a refund. When you book in advance you pay for the privilege to secure your preferred cabin and dining choice. If the cruise were to up in price after final payment should RCI come back and ask you for more $$$. I think not. Everyone has the right to wait and book after final payment and get a cheaper rate. It's all about fairness.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, curiosity killed the cat with some people. Cruise lines routinely lower the price (sometimes substantial) after final payment. Cruise lines are trying to fill berths; not give currently booked and paid passengers a refund. When you book in advance you pay for the privilege to secure your preferred cabin and dining choice. If the cruise were to up in price after final payment should RCI come back and ask you for more $$$. I think not. Everyone has the right to wait and book after final payment and get a cheaper rate. It's all about fairness.

Interest disquisition.

But Royal Caribbean DID allow price drops right up to embarkation date previously.

They stopped doing that when the economic markets pivoted away from customer satisfaction and engagement and toward building stockholder value.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tell me the difference between the RCI and RCCL. Royal Caribbean International and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line are the same company. You are being argumentative.

No he is not being argumentative, he is correct and you are simply wrong.

RCCL is not Royal Caribbea Cruise Line!

RCCL is Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. which is traded under RCL on the stock exchange.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL) own or co-own and operate six different cruiselines:

Royal Caribbean International (RCI) which is the topic of this board section

Celebrity Cruises often referred to as X from the greek letter representing the former owner Chandris.

TUI cruises which is a joint venture between RCCL and TUI and caters to the german market.

Pullmantur mostly catering to the Spanish and Latin American market.

Azamara Club Cruises

Sky Sea Cruise Line, a joint venture with Ctrip.com and operating from China

So while you are right in that RCCL owns Celebrity, this board does discuss RCI and not RCCL, as there are different boards for the different cruiselines owned by RCCL and this is the RCI section.

Even though owned by the same owner you can´t expect them to be all the same policies as it wouldn´t make sense to have different companies then.

Whenever I read about RCI and X being the same company and should be the same policies I wonder how they feel about Cunard, Princess, HAL, Costa, Seabourn, Aida, P&O UK, P&O Australia and Carnival.

Do you expect all these to have the same policies as well, just because they are all owned by the Carnival Corporation?

I checked with our CVP two weeks ago about an upgrade to a JS guarantee from our E2 balcony. I was told to call C&A loyalty, which I did, and not only did I get the upgrade to a W-guarantee, I got a $100 OBC.

This was November 2nd, for a December 17th sailing.

Just called and our cruise is at a lower price, we have paid in full and just received a refund. Cruise is in January

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

When did you initially book the cruise?

How long is the cruise?

When in January does the cruise depart.

All of these would factor into whether or not you get a refund.

Just called and our cruise is at a lower price, we have paid in full and just received a refund. Cruise is in January

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

When did you initially book the cruise?

How long is the cruise?

When in January does the cruise depart.

All of these would factor into whether or not you get a refund.

They are on a 5 night Indy 1/13/18 so they must have the 60 day cancellation which would make it before final payment date.

No he is not being argumentative, he is correct and you are simply wrong.

RCCL is not Royal Caribbea Cruise Line!

RCCL is Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. which is traded under RCL on the stock exchange.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL) own or co-own and operate six different cruiselines:

Royal Caribbean International (RCI) which is the topic of this board section

Celebrity Cruises often referred to as X from the greek letter representing the former owner Chandris.

TUI cruises which is a joint venture between RCCL and TUI and caters to the german market.

Pullmantur mostly catering to the Spanish and Latin American market.

Azamara Club Cruises

Sky Sea Cruise Line, a joint venture with Ctrip.com and operating from China

So while you are right in that RCCL owns Celebrity, this board does discuss RCI and not RCCL, as there are different boards for the different cruiselines owned by RCCL and this is the RCI section.

Even though owned by the same owner you can´t expect them to be all the same policies as it wouldn´t make sense to have different companies then.

Whenever I read about RCI and X being the same company and should be the same policies I wonder how they feel about Cunard, Princess, HAL, Costa, Seabourn, Aida, P&O UK, P&O Australia and Carnival.

Do you expect all these to have the same policies as well, just because they are all owned by the Carnival Corporation?

RCCL was the name of the cruise line and some of us old timers are too old to learn new tricks. Our fingers automatically type RCCL. In fact, when I type RCCL, Google takes me to the Royal Caribbean Cruises website which shows RCI ships, not any of the other lines. So Google is as out of step as the rest of us old fogeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise Dec 16th. Final payment was made by their due date. We had a D1 balcony, saw a Jr suite was only 250 more, I called and got the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Everyone has stated that upgrades are available.

But if the higher class cabin is CHEAPER than you paid, you can get the cabin, but NO refund or OBC.

On our last cruise on the Oasis (Nov 2016), there was a price drop after the final payment due date and I did upgrade to the next cabin level (it's new prices was less than our original booking).

Be aware!!! The cabin was assigned correctly but we never received any notification for ANY of our pre-bookings or notices for things like the Meet & Mingle for for any of the Diamond class notifications or meetings.

I also had an issue with Chops: I went to verify / change something with a pre-booked dinner and they couldn't find us in the system util I had them check the old cabin number. I have since taken the attitude that if I was willing to pay a given price at the time of booking, it wasn't worth 'rocking' the boat with a later change.

On our last cruise on the Oasis (Nov 2016), there was a price drop after the final payment due date and I did upgrade to the next cabin level (it's new prices was less than our original booking).

Be aware!!! The cabin was assigned correctly but we never received any notification for ANY of our pre-bookings or notices for things like the Meet & Mingle for for any of the Diamond class notifications or meetings.

I also had an issue with Chops: I went to verify / change something with a pre-booked dinner and they couldn't find us in the system util I had them check the old cabin number. I have since taken the attitude that if I was willing to pay a given price at the time of booking, it wasn't worth 'rocking' the boat with a later change.

Did you upgrade really close to sail date? We had the same problem for a cruise where we changed the cabin a day or two before sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Everyone has stated that upgrades are available.

But if the higher class cabin is CHEAPER than you paid, you can get the cabin, but NO refund or OBC.

That's not true. A fellow cruiser also called for the upgrade. She was willing to pay up to $700 more for the upgrade and she was denied. The same day I called. They currently have about 10 Jr. suites available but she was denied an upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app