New HAL Survey

Vict0riann

I just received a survey from HAL regarding a cruise we are going on in January - I've never had that kind of survey before.

One of the questions was whether we were influenced in our choice of cruise by Cruise Critic! (or any other online forum - but I had already said I used Cruise Critic) - and I said "very much" - we had previously decided we would never cruise on Koningsdam as she would be too large for us, but having read such glowing reviews, we changed our minds.

Anyone else had a "pre-cruise" survey?

I just received a survey from HAL regarding a cruise we are going on in January - I've never had that kind of survey before.

One of the questions was whether we were influenced in our choice of cruise by Cruise Critic! (or any other online forum - but I had already said I used Cruise Critic) - and I said "very much" - we had previously decided we would never cruise on Koningsdam as she would be too large for us, but having read such glowing reviews, we changed our minds.

Now, this is interesting Ann.

I haven't seen such a survey nor heard anyone report it before. Interesting they asked about Cruise Critic. Maybe their eyes are being opened :'):*

Thanks - very interesting.

Yes we received the survey this afternoon, but haven't fill it out yet. Our cruise is in March.

Yes we received the survey this afternoon, but haven't fill it out yet. Our cruise is in March.

Hi, Ed! I wondered if it was special for Koningsdam, as they asked about a lot of stuff which I think is on the K. Are you sailing on her?

Hi, Ed! I wondered if it was special for Koningsdam, as they asked about a lot of stuff which I think is on the K. Are you sailing on her?

No Ann, we will be on the Noordam the end of March sailing from Down Under to Vancouver. June is going to do the survey later night.

I received the same survey and am booked for February on Zaandam. I too thought it was interesting that they specifically asked about reviews on CC. Truly for me it’s not so much relating to CC reviews, but what we do here in the HAL forum (and SA Forum) that influences me. And I like the HAL sea traditions. I was hoping they would have a place to add free text to point out that proper promenade decks with loungers and evenings filled with (Adagio) classical music are the draw for me, and a rocking ship, and scenic cruising. And I really would like a cruise log at the end.

For those who haven’t gotten the survey, it focused on brand partnership recognition and what influence it had on booking your upcoming cruise.

No Ann, we will be on the Noordam the end of March sailing from Down Under to Vancouver. June is going to do the survey later night.

That sounds wonderful. Hope you enjoy your cruise, and our regards to June. (Hope she continues saying "Book it Ed!)

We started cruising HAL in 1996 while still cruising other lines.

We have over 1000 actual sea days and have never received a survey like the one you got.

This survey seems to be based on future cruises, though, not on past HAL cruising history.

Do you have any future cruises booked? There would be no reason to send you a survey if you don't.

I have a cruise booked for April, but I haven't received this survey. If I did, I would be able to respond that CC (or other online forums) would never influence me on which cruise to book, but that CC is great for a wide variety of cruising information, and especially when you can't get a reliable response from HAL.;)

We are booked on Veendam this month; we are booked on Maasdam in late February; and we are booked on Rotterdam next November. Whine! I didn't get one.

I did send a 6-page letter to guest relations and to Orlando about my Zuiderdam experiences from last month. Nothing in response. I did not mention Cruise Critic. Maybe I ought to post a review here and see what happens.

Jim