ms Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away Jan 4, 2018

Boytjie

Checked in and waiting to board. Being two star was faster. I was sent right up to the counter while the 4-5 star line had about 20 people. The Captain and Orlando Ashford greeted us as we came in. The TA I use had us here before anyone else.

In transit folks just let back on. The lady who is showing us to our seats says boarding is scheduled to begin at noon but she hoped it would be sooner. This place will be packed in another 15 minutes.

I have accomplished something I have never done before on any cruise. One of my FedEx bags was delivered while I was at lunch. I have unpacked the entire bag and it is under the bed!

I can't imagine having two in this cabin. Closet space is much less than I am used to. I will post pics on my blog. With the slanted front a tall person would be permanently bent over. :eek: Sometimes being short is an advantage!

The Amsterdam will be at pier 26 and has a late (and likely silent) departure at 20:00/8:00 PM EST as she sets sail for a 113-Day Grand World Voyage

If by "silent", you mean that I'll be firing air horn blasts for Scrapnana, then sure. Absolutely!

Flight about a half hour late but now sitting in 17th street Panera having lunch. Got a glimpse of the Amsterdam as I landed. Scrapnana was already in her cabin by then.

Roy

Glad you made it without too much weather interference! They have great wifi at that Panera (not to mention the food). I spent about three hours there back in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll miss the 20:00 sail away so I'll say Bon Voyage, fair winds & smooth seas. Have a wonderful cruise, looking forward to reading the many blogs and hopefully some great pictures.

Allan

Muster drill seemed to go on forever. Read my blog to see how I was a bad girl.

Independence departed as the drill was finishing up. Got to watch her sail out of the channel. Her toots seemed even deeper than on the webcam.