Can I bring a box of wine..like Black Box instead of two bottles?

Heatherco

1. Logic is not Royal Caribbean's strong suit.

2. Logic is even more not port workers' strong suit.

If they spot it, I would expect them to confiscate it and not listen to any arguments about it being "the same as two bottles".

:'):'):')

What do you think my chances are carrying 2 bota mini's instead of 2 bottles of wine? Each mini is less than 750 ml, so actually bringing less than allotment. But sooooo much easier to carry 2 bota minis than bottles of wine.

take the wine bladder out of the box, and put in your luggage, bring two bottles on with carry on, no problem!

This would be breaking the rules. Definitely something a cruiser should not consider.

Eventually RCI won't allow us honest people to bring bottles anymore because of the ones who think stealing is alright. Thank you in advance!

Agree with LMaxwell’s post.

I don't want your pity. Would just be nice if people had enough respect not to openly discuss how to smuggle prohibited items. What a day and age we live in where someone with a moral compass is offered pity from a stranger. Its okay, I know right from wrong and I'm not going to be shamed into choosing the wrong way to act. If I want a drink I'll buy one, thanks, earned the money.

If you don't like the smuggling posts feel free to skip them. Nobody is forcing you to read them or to respond.

If you don't like the smuggling posts feel free to skip them. Nobody is forcing you to read them or to respond.

Adam, you are missing the entire point. Maybe too much Rocky Mountain High going on or thin atmosphere there, but the intent of the forum is for cruisers to help each other out. Describing how to rip off the cruise line is over the line; it is dishonest and wrong. Not to mention cruise lines monitor this site so if the problem grows they'll just remove the option to bring one, penalizing those of us who don't try to cheat the system.

This is a FREE forum and if I don't like people acting in a way that I can clearly see will negatively impact me I can voice my opinion. get it?

I actually don't consider bringing wine in different type of container

(a much safer one, by the way) "ripping off the cruise line".

Even when I have the premium drink plan (all the wine I could possibly want),

I still bring some along. In a wine bladder. Oh the humanity.

At this point, nobody is forcing me to read the ridiculous arguments on this thread.

Time to unsubscribe.

I actually don't consider bringing wine in different type of container

(a much safer one, by the way) "ripping off the cruise line".

Even when I have the premium drink plan (all the wine I could possibly want),

I still bring some along. In a wine bladder. Oh the humanity.

At this point, nobody is forcing me to read the ridiculous arguments on this thread.

Time to unsubscribe.

The bladder isn't the problem. Look at all the people in this thread talking about bringing double their allotment, or packing 2 bottles, then carrying 2 bottles. Or that bladders come in mega sizes over 1500ML total. That's the problem. I don't care if you bring your 1500ML allotment in a bottle or other way, I do care if you are trying to get over. You don't sound like you are trying to do so. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

:'):'):')

What do you think my chances are carrying 2 bota mini's instead of 2 bottles of wine? Each mini is less than 750 ml, so actually bringing less than allotment. But sooooo much easier to carry 2 bota minis than bottles of wine.

My two 500 ml (indeed smaller than a 750 ml bottle) were in a separate checked bag. That bag went down to the "naughty room" which I had to claim and open it in front of security. There was also 6 small water bottles in that bag. When I showed him the water, and then stated I was allowed two bottles of wine, he gave it all back to me and said it was fine.

This is a FREE forum and if I don't like people acting in a way that I can clearly see will negatively impact me I can voice my opinion. get it?

Yet you're the one requesting the moderators to black hole people's posts. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I've never smuggled alcohol (too lazy to be honest, I'd rather pay for the convenience) but people are always going to do what they want, within the rules or not. Not allowing it to be talked about is not going to prevent it from happening and if you enjoy the "Free Forum" so much, let others enjoy as well.

To answer the OP, I've only flown in to one cruise and we were in Barcelona for three days beforehand so I didn't fly with wine. In that port, they sold wine and hard liquor right at the Port before boarding and allowed it all to be carried on. I was very surprised.

I had never thought about bringing a box before. Really makes a lot of sense, but you really would have to consider that boarding is busy and people aren't going to take the time to do math so there's a high chance of getting even 1500ml confiscated.

When I do want to bring wine home, I just pack bottles in my Winevinci protective sleeves and away they go safely in my checked bag. There are lots of these sealable protective sleeves available for sale on Amazon. They're basically a waterproof outer bottle-shaped plastic bag with bubble wrap inside.

Have a great time on your cruise!

The bladder isn't the problem. Look at all the people in this thread talking about bringing double their allotment, or packing 2 bottles, then carrying 2 bottles. Or that bladders come in mega sizes over 1500ML total. That's the problem. I don't care if you bring your 1500ML allotment in a bottle or other way, I do care if you are trying to get over. You don't sound like you are trying to do so. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

And MANY of those people also buy a drink package.

So by bringing on extra wine, they are actually SAVING THE CRUISE LINE MONEY.

How about that?

How about that?

True, and if I bring on a bottle of wine to have a drink in my cabin, I probably will drink less at the free cocktail hour. Either way, I am not buying their drinks. But I buy other things, like dinners and trinkets, so they are making some money on me.

I don't think that alcohol smuggling is that prevalent. If it was, they would be doing more to combat it.

How about that?

+1 You're smart my friend.

I don't think you're "technically" allowed to bring packages of bottled water, but I read over and over about people doing this. Personally I find this more of an issue as they depend on cruise workers to deliver that to the room often times.

The bottom line is people will do what they want, and if it were a big enough issue, Royal would do something to stop it.

Seems to be a "we'll look the other way and hope you enjoy your vacation" type of thing.. Fine with me.

For the record I bring 2 bottles of champagne and buy the drink package. Nothing like chasing the GF around the room during sail away while I pop the cork :halo:

• 2 weeks later...
Before the two wine bottle allowance, we used to pack a large box of wine every cruise. Never was a problem. Never taken. However, we were careful to keep it out of sight of the cabin steward. I have heard of alcoholic beverages being confiscated by stewards if not the allowed type..

Have never ever had that happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Before the two wine bottle allowance, we used to pack a large box of wine every cruise. Never was a problem. Never taken. However, we were careful to keep it out of sight of the cabin steward. I have heard of alcoholic beverages being confiscated by stewards if not the allowed type..

Personally, I think the cabin stewards could care less how many bottles or how many boxes of wines you have in their cabin. I even have kept my rum runners out on the shelf without any problem.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be sailing on the Liberty of The Seas in March. My husband got and email stating wine was no longer allowed to be brought on board. Has the policy changed?

If the policy has changed, it's happened in the last day or so.

We will be sailing on the Liberty of The Seas in March. My husband got and email stating wine was no longer allowed to be brought on board. Has the policy changed?

First I have heard of it. Do you mind pasting the email content here?

Here is what it says:

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other purpose.Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports-of-call (which must be presentedto security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship’s personnel and delivered to the guest’s stateroomjust prior to the conclusion of the cruise. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles,mouthwash, luggage, etc.) at any time, and those concealing or attempting to conceal alcohol will besubject to action pursuant to the “Consequences Section” of this Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under theage of 21 who possess alcohol in violation of this policy will not have alcohol returned to them andappropriate consequences will be considered, including but not limited to loss of privileges to use thedisco or other areas or facilities of the ship.

I'll just point out that I just received my documents today and in the Alcohol Policy section it says

"Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom."

Here is what it says:

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other purpose.Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports-of-call (which must be presentedto security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship’s personnel and delivered to the guest’s stateroomjust prior to the conclusion of the cruise. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles,mouthwash, luggage, etc.) at any time, and those concealing or attempting to conceal alcohol will besubject to action pursuant to the “Consequences Section” of this Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under theage of 21 who possess alcohol in violation of this policy will not have alcohol returned to them andappropriate consequences will be considered, including but not limited to loss of privileges to use thedisco or other areas or facilities of the ship.

There are two parts of the RC website that contradict each other. The reason is that the old policy was never removed from one section whereas the wine-is-allowed policy is in a different section.

Each cabin is allowed two 750 ml bottles of wine. Champagne is wine. :)

Is any type of wine OK? I like Stones Green Ginger Wine, its not fortified like port or sherry, its just a dry white wine infused with ginger and a couple of spices. Do you think its worth while if I print out the details from the makers site to prove its just wine?

Is any type of wine OK? I like Stones Green Ginger Wine, its not fortified like port or sherry, its just a dry white wine infused with ginger and a couple of spices. Do you think its worth while if I print out the details from the makers site to prove its just wine?

I think as long as it looks like wine in a regular wine bottle, you should be fine.