RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

They don't have a loyalty lounge on P&O for suites.

I don't mind booking a suite on RC if all the ships after their refits end up with SL and no CL or overflow DL.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

There you go. That is what I have been saying. If you want two lounges to visit, book a Suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't have a loyalty lounge on P&O for suites.

I don't mind booking a suite on RC if all the ships after their refits end up with SL and no CL or overflow DL.

Our loyalty level on P&O is equivalent to Diamond on RC.

They have no loyalty lounges but we do get 7.5% discount off our seapass accounts.

What does a drink on P&O cost?

Less than half what RC charge plus no automatic gratuitys added to every drink.

Auto gratuity £6 pppd about $8 for over 12s only

Higher grade cabins get a free bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates on arrival and daily petit fours.

Less than half what RC charge plus no automatic gratuitys added to every drink.

Auto gratuity £6 pppd about $8 for over 12s only

Higher grade cabins get a free bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates on arrival and daily petit fours.

Beer is $6-8 and spirits are normally within $12. Some spirits are more.

Which probably won't happen any longer...since from what others are saying, RCI has stopped with the VCL/lounges over flows from the DL.

Yikes...as if the crowding wasn't bad enough as it is! :o:eek:

Will be on Rhapsody on Sunday. I think they did overflow into "Shall we Dance" lounge from the DL on that floor the the last time we were on board. We did not spend much time down there, but I used the computer in there to check emails and noticed how busy it was. Will be interesting to see if they have stopped the overflow on that ship as well.

We hope you both have a great cruise.

Have you had your boot removed? hope your rehabilitation is complete.

The problem is caused by the extraordinarily high number of Diamonds and below. Of all the C&A members only .09% are D+ and only .003% are Pinnacle, and I bet the majority of the 7 million plus remaining members are Diamond. These stats tell the story and crowding issues will never go away unless they make some changes, which probably won't happen. On our recent b2b on Oasis the Diamond Lounge on deck 11 was crammed full, couldn't get it, not in the morning to get coffee or in the evening. It's a small area and there are just so many Diamonds on Oasis class ships. Plus, people seemed to just "park it" and never leave, content to sit and play words with friends, people watch, or just sit there watching other try to find a place to sit. And of course many don't have a clue how to use the coffee machine, which backs that line up (so frustrating). So we used the Suite Lounge on deck 17. It wasn't crowded at all but the service wasn't great. There was a large group of Pinnacles on the two sailings that were always present in the evenings and the servers were so focused on them that the lowly D+'s and other suite guests were ignored. We have to get up on several nights and ask if we could get someone to come take our drink orders. We did try to meet and be friendly with the Pinnacles but they were snobbish, standoffish, and just weren't friendly. They mainly stayed with other Pinnacles they seemed to know. I'm sure all Pinnacles aren't that way but this group certainly were. And of course they sported their coveted pins, which probably were obtained booking inside rooms. So I don't see things changing in the SL or DL. The good news is that the other bars and venues are actually much more fun and offer great opportunities to make new friends. They can have their SL and DL ...over rated like other perks (i.e priority boarding).

The problem is caused by the extraordinarily high number of Diamonds and below. Of all the C&A members only .09% are D+ and only .003% are Pinnacle, and I bet the majority of the 7 million plus remaining members are Diamond. These stats tell the story and crowding issues will never go away unless they make some changes, which probably won't happen. On our recent b2b on Oasis the Diamond Lounge on deck 11 was crammed full, couldn't get it, not in the morning to get coffee or in the evening. It's a small area and there are just so many Diamonds on Oasis class ships. Plus, people seemed to just "park it" and never leave, content to sit and play words with friends, people watch, or just sit there watching other try to find a place to sit. And of course many don't have a clue how to use the coffee machine, which backs that line up (so frustrating). So we used the Suite Lounge on deck 17. It wasn't crowded at all but the service wasn't great. There was a large group of Pinnacles on the two sailings that were always present in the evenings and the servers were so focused on them that the lowly D+'s and other suite guests were ignored. We have to get up on several nights and ask if we could get someone to come take our drink orders. We did try to meet and be friendly with the Pinnacles but they were snobbish, standoffish, and just weren't friendly. They mainly stayed with other Pinnacles they seemed to know. I'm sure all Pinnacles aren't that way but this group certainly were. And of course they sported their coveted pins, which probably were obtained booking inside rooms. So I don't see things changing in the SL or DL. The good news is that the other bars and venues are actually much more fun and offer great opportunities to make new friends. They can have their SL and DL ...over rated like other perks (i.e priority boarding).

We sailed on the Oasis 1-21-18. Were you on this cruise?

Not all ships allow the use of the vouchers in the dining room or other dining venues. We were allowed to use the vouchers on Oasis in the MDR on a Jan 7-14 cruise. But then took the Majesty on Jan 15, and we were not allowed.

enjoy

M

On serenade you are not allowed to use vouchers in any dining room. Actually no use in mdr, windjammer and specialty restaurants.
Is Mario still the Suite and CL Concierge? I heard he might be moving to the DL?

Mario moved to the diamond lounge and willie is the suite concierge. Both are great. Willie said he is moving to the anthem soon so get ready for a great concierge. These two share the epitome of great service.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don’t want to go thru 51 pages of this am curious if others have found a problem with the three drinks added to your seapass. Basically we were told we can have a shot but not a mixer unless it’s a soda or water. The tequila is okay but hmmm, no mixer please and thank you. Bizarre.

D+ in the SL. As a Suite Guest, yes. As a D+ how?

On serenade you are not allowed to use vouchers in any dining room. Actually no use in mdr, windjammer and specialty restaurants.Mario moved to the diamond lounge and willie is the suite concierge. Both are great. Willie said he is moving to the anthem soon so get ready for a great concierge. These two share the epitome of great service.

Thanks. Yes , we found Mario to be the Best Concierge we have had in the CL. Have him play bass for you. He had a group of musicians he plays with. Maybe they might play for you. They a very good.

I don’t want to go thru 51 pages of this am curious if others have found a problem with the three drinks added to your seapass. Basically we were told we can have a shot but not a mixer unless it’s a soda or water. The tequila is okay but hmmm, no mixer please and thank you. Bizarre.

Of course you can have a mixer with your tequila, what were you asking for that they wouldn't give you?

Thanks. Yes , we found Mario to be the Best Concierge we have had in the CL. Have him play bass for you. He had a group of musicians he plays with. Maybe they might play for you. They a very good.

Willie plays the ukulele and guitar. But he does not have his guitar on board, just the ukulele. He has thrown in his personal touches for bir th days and anniversaries.

And of course they sported their coveted pins, which probably were obtained booking inside rooms. .

So do you have a problem with people booking an inside room? Sounds more like a superiority complex to me.

Edited by WeatherFx

Where have you been Graham ? I thought you would be on top of this news. Royal adding Suite Lounges to most ships in drydock. Mariner Adventure...

Can’t wait for Freedom and Oasis to go to drydock. Oasis hopefully gets a Wonderland and Freedom a SL up in the VCL with a view.

According to the HD on Oasis, he doesn't want a Wonderland. Not enough seats and few repeats customers. I don't recall if he was in favor of something else or leave it be as a DL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

According to the HD on Oasis, he doesn't want a Wonderland. Not enough seats and few repeats customers. I don't recall if he was in favor of something else or leave it be as a DL

Wow -- that would be something if they let the DL stay a DL instead of converting it into Wonderland.

I am not a pinnacle, just a lowly D+.... but isn't it human nature to hang out with people you know?

I just don't get the annymosity that people seem to have an hankering for against others whose only crime was to get old and spend a lot of their retirement taking cruises.

Just seems like a lot of misplaced anger.

JC

Why would people repeat. We did it on the Anthem in 2016, with a really good waiter. Then we did it again, with an OK waiter and the exact same food. First time it seemed awesome... second time, really. The second cruise was pretty much on the other side of the world from NY City... Asia.

I don't plan on revisiting the Wonderland experience.... I am a foodie, and it is great, but it is really a been there done that experience.

JC

My money is on a revenue producing area.