RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I would guess 95%+ come for the free drinks.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

It took you a bit to accept that. Many of the DL’s have a bar just right outside, used to be used for overflow. They could limit the FREE drinks in the DL, say 2, so the 3rd could be used while Dinning. I bet that will eliminate a lot of the crowding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would not surprise me to see the perk of dinner in CK for JS guest mysteriously disappear from the web site list of perks someday. Then down the road as the number of Pinnacles keeps increasing eventually they will lose access as well. JMHO

With more ships getting the SL it seems a natural progression that SL and CK will be for full suites only and a new C&A lounge for P,D+ and possibly JS and D get the 3 vouchers.

It would not surprise me to see the perk of dinner in CK for JS guest mysteriously disappear from the web site list of perks someday. Then down the road as the number of Pinnacles keeps increasing eventually they will lose access as well. JMHO

I agree. I suspect someday will be soon!

M

Don't get me wrong - I like the free booze, but often get it at some other bar.

M

Same here. Except to on the MJ where the VCL has never been crowded we use our drink coupons in a bar before dinner and then if we have after dinner drinks use one of the lounges

Free booze at the other bars too. Just have to limit it to three!

Actually I love the Oasis D lounge in the morning for the amazing custard pastries . Use to go for the coffee - but can only drink decaf. Past 4 cruises - no decaf beans in the specialty machine.

M

I see I'm not the only one noticing the lack of decaf. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

With more ships getting the SL it seems a natural progression that SL and CK will be for full suites only and a new C&A lounge for P,D+ and possibly JS and D get the 3 vouchers.

Not sure - are you suggesting adding JS to a lounge or giving JS vouchers? A non D cruiser in a JS does not have any D lounge access now. No one has C&A lounge access per their accommodation. It is a benefit because of company loyalty. Suite passengers are not in a loyalty lunge - they are assigned a suite lounge because of their accommodations.

M

There was some talk this fall that CK would be for dbl PC. Interestingly, lunch isn't that crowded most days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We are not really loyal to any line as my signature proves, but we did 2 on Royal last year and will cruise 4 times this year (after 2 cruises we will be Diamonds) just to reach this status. It would be much faster if Royal didn't do horrible job switching from # of cruises to # of points matching 1 cruise to 1 credit.

If one of main benefits is removed (moved to D+) I don't see why we won't sail with other cruise lines more than with Royal....

Not sure - are you suggesting adding JS to a lounge or giving JS vouchers? A non D cruiser in a JS does not have any D lounge access now. No one has C&A lounge access per their accommodation. It is a benefit because of company loyalty. Suite passengers are not in a loyalty lunge - they are assigned a suite lounge because of their accommodations.

M

Yes, DL is a C&A perk. I agree agree. However, before Diamond, our Suite Gold card allowed access. Others have reported the same. On at least 2 ships I can remember and maybe a 3rd I can not. [emoji33]

It took you a bit to accept that. Many of the DL’s have a bar just right outside, used to be used for overflow. They could limit the FREE drinks in the DL, say 2, so the 3rd could be used while Dinning. I bet that will eliminate a lot of the crowding.

I explained before why we don't drink alcohol at home but we do have some glasses of champagne In the DL and i always give $1 a drink tip here and any bar we might use the vouchers.

The DL is empty during the day when we pop in for a coffee but human nature dictates when the free drinks are available during cocktail hours everyone who is allowed comes in for a drink.

I am on Oasis right now. Our welcome letter says we can get 3 C&A drinks from 4:30 to 8:00 in any bar speciality restaurant and the main dining room.

We rarely get any drinks but I thought you might like to know something current.

My other comment is this:

I am D+ with 4 crystal blocks in balconies (not suites) and I can tell you that I have brought many, many new passengers to Royal, mostly family and friends. Right now we are a group of 12 family with 4 of them new to cruising and 2 more who are new to Royal. We have a Royal family suite and 3 sea view balconies.

It is good business to have a good product and reward repeat customers with an excellent loyalty program.

Just off Navigator sailing 2/2/18 (9 day cruise). There were over 600 Diamond and above on board. The Cosmopolitan Lounge (formerly called the Viking Crown Lounge) was used as the overflow. We had table mates who remarked that the sailing before, they had a similar amount and did not use the outer lounge as overflow for the first day or two and it was disastrous, so Royal clearly adjusted. They had the Concierge or another staff member checking seapass cards almost immediately when you came out of the elevator. It was an uncomfortable exchange between cruisers and staff when the cruiser was not eligible to be enjoying that space.

DL drink vouchers were honored in the MDR, which probably did help a little....not sure if that will continue on sailings that do not have as many Diamonds and above.

M

D only would get the vouchers.

JS don't currently get CL access but on Oasis they get CK access thats why i said possibly for them for C&A lounge but probably not.

I forgot to say that the DL is available to us those hours as well. I did not mean to imply we had lost any lounge privileges.

But I do like being able to order a glass of wine with dinner in the MDR if I want to.

I am on Oasis right now. Our welcome letter says we can get 3 C&A drinks from 4:30 to 8:00 in any bar speciality restaurant and the main dining room.

We rarely get any drinks but I thought you might like to know something current.

My other comment is this:

I am D+ with 4 crystal blocks in balconies (not suites) and I can tell you that I have brought many, many new passengers to Royal, mostly family and friends. Right now we are a group of 12 family with 4 of them new to cruising and 2 more who are new to Royal. We have a Royal family suite and 3 sea view balconies.

It is good business to have a good product and reward repeat customers with an excellent loyalty program.

Great post.

Just off Navigator sailing 2/2/18 (9 day cruise). There were over 600 Diamond and above on board. The Cosmopolitan Lounge (formerly called the Viking Crown Lounge) was used as the overflow. We had table mates who remarked that the sailing before, they had a similar amount and did not use the outer lounge as overflow for the first day or two and it was disastrous, so Royal clearly adjusted. They had the Concierge or another staff member checking seapass cards almost immediately when you came out of the elevator. It was an uncomfortable exchange between cruisers and staff when the cruiser was not eligible to be enjoying that space.

DL drink vouchers were honored in the MDR, which probably did help a little....not sure if that will continue on sailings that do not have as many Diamonds and above.

I wonder if there is a magic number when the change the setup.

I wonder if there is a magic number when the change the setup.

I am sure there is some 'not written in stone' number and then it is how many people complain to the DL Concierge about the situation. They know the demographics before the sailing even departs, so there is no mystery.