RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

We did tell them that these were diamond voucher drinks as a gentle reminder and still had a problem Nothing that was too annoying to resolve but something to be mindful of...stuff happens. Again thanks for the tipping info. It will be used, wisely!

:D

Our method for 14 nights is $2.50 per basic drink, or $5.00 for a cocktail. Then a general $50.00 or above for excellent service. Seems we are always well remembered, if you understand ��

Has any of them asked you to adopt them??

We have never needed to 'tell' the waiter that the drink we were ordering were 'diamond drinks'....they see from our seapass card our status.

On Independence last year after dinner on the first night i ordered 2 glasses of wine on the D+ bogo and they tried to charge me for two and after i told them it was the bogo they had to cancel the receipt and bring another one to sign.

This has happened a few times since they did away with the paper voucher book so i Always now make a point of letting them know whenever a Diamond+ benefit is being used.

We did tell them that these were diamond voucher drinks as a gentle reminder and still had a problem Nothing that was too annoying to resolve but something to be mindful of...stuff happens. Again thanks for the tipping info. It will be used, wisely!

Your welcome, they do make mistakes and since they scrapped the paper voucher book it has occurred on other benefits on a few occasions.

On Independence last year after dinner on the first night i ordered 2 glasses of wine on the D+ bogo and they tried to charge me for two and after i told them it was the bogo they had to cancel the receipt and bring another one to sign.

This has happened a few times since they did away with the paper voucher book so i Always now make a point of letting them know whenever a Diamond+ benefit is being used.

Agree. We do the same. I'd rather not have to deal with an after the fact mistake. Especially if we're grabbing a drink and heading directly into the MDR.

I know everyone has different experiences and from all of our experiences others who visit Cruise Critic learn. I am trying to better understand the circumstances of the situation you have described. If it was outside of the DL hours, it would be important to tell the waiter about the BOGO that you are using for the glasses of wine (thereby only paying for 1). I am not sure if you were travelling with someone else who had DL privileges, but if you were then you could have had their sea pass card with you and if the drinks ordered were ordered during the DL hours you would have paid for neither of them (providing you had two sea pass cards with you that were eligible).

We have had the experience of even ordering two drinks during DL hours using one card and no charge.

I can only share what my experiences have been....we all know that others have different ones.

I agree it was a bit OTT.

Every DL i have been in in Europe over the last 6 years i have rarely seen anyone else giving cash tips per drinks although some have given envelopes on the last night.

On the bar in the DL last week there was a large beautiful glass that had cash in it, clearly from people dropping in tip money. It was the first time I had seen it.

Thanks for posting this, I was going to ask if we had to mention this.

We usually cruise Celebrity and lately we've had their beverage package and I still told them we had the drink pkg.

Thanks for posting this, I was going to ask if we had to mention this.

We usually cruise Celebrity and lately we've had their beverage package and I still told them we had the drink pkg.

We have never had to mention anything during the happy hours period. You just give them the sea pass for those getting a drink, they see the status on the sea pass and they will take care of it. The person who said they mention it is now talking about the discounts that are loaded on the sea pass, not the happy hour drinks. Using one of the vouchers does need to be mentioned.

Kinda related here. On my last cruise, I would sometimes use the drink vouchers to get some extra cans of beer for the fridge in the cabin in case I wanted one outside of the cocktail hour. If you request they don't open the can for you, they won't. I wound up with a surplus on my last day of the cruise and took a few with me off the ship. :)
This week on serenade if you asked for beers or can soda from the dl or cl they would open it for you. Tablemate inquired and they said they were told to open cans. Was the same for the cruise before this one also. But if you went to a bar they got cans unopened if you asked nicely.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

On Her Majesty they would rope off an area of the Viking Lounge for the Diamond Evening Event. In this way they could walk around with small plates of snack food to put on the tables where people were seated. It was a nice atmosphere; pleasant seating arrangements with the ability to look out the windows from the VL.

Ya I was going to say.... My experience on MJ was there was always a converted space up in the VCL every evening.

I know everyone has different experiences and from all of our experiences others who visit Cruise Critic learn. I am trying to better understand the circumstances of the situation you have described. If it was outside of the DL hours, it would be important to tell the waiter about the BOGO that you are using for the glasses of wine (thereby only paying for 1). I am not sure if you were travelling with someone else who had DL privileges, but if you were then you could have had their sea pass card with you and if the drinks ordered were ordered during the DL hours you would have paid for neither of them (providing you had two sea pass cards with you that were eligible).

We have had the experience of even ordering two drinks during DL hours using one card and no charge.

I can only share what my experiences have been....we all know that others have different ones.

I was with my wife who is D+ too.

It was outside cocktail hours and the C&A information is the benefits will be taken off automatically but in our experience that is not the case.

When we had the paper voucher book you could physically give them the required voucher.

The photo and bogo drink plus discount off RCI merchandise in the shops are the only other benefits we use.

We have never had to mention anything during the happy hours period. You just give them the sea pass for those getting a drink, they see the status on the sea pass and they will take care of it. The person who said they mention it is now talking about the discounts that are loaded on the sea pass, not the happy hour drinks. Using one of the vouchers does need to be mentioned.

I was talking about both the cocktail hour vouchers plus the standard C&A D+ voucher's.

I always make it clear it is a D+ benefit and whenever i get free drinks or bogo drinks i always Hand a dollar a drink so they are still getting a reward for bringing our drinks.

I'm sure people will say they don't say its diamond benefit and thats their perogative but because i have experienced this i have posted to warn others.

Don’t worry, there are many diamonds younger than 33. No doubt plenty of them sport body art and hair color. Some of those young diamonds earned it by cruising themselves, others obtained it via linkage to parent or significant other. Either way, they can use the DL. If you choose to place your sea pass card in a visible place (like face up on table or on a lanyard around your neck), any busy-bodies can glance over to see satisfy their curiosity. Or let them stew...your choice.

The DL can be nice, so check it out. If it seems too sedate or such, there are plenty of other venues to enjoy. That’s the nice thing about having vouchers; everybody can try to find a spot that suits them.

Oh I’m not worried...just baffled that people are that snooty. (I know, I know, I shouldn’t be!) I can’t fathom being so concerned about other people’s business. I have too much of my own to handle.

We are recent cruising fanatics...first one in December 2014. Second not until December of 2016, and making up for lost time. 34 nights 12/16-11/17. We love it. And I especially love reading about the friends others have made in the lounge and look forward to doing it ourselves. We’ve met some wonderful people just in the MDR. It’s one of our favorite parts of the experience. Meeting people just as excited about cruising as we are, and potentially sailing with them again is a real treat in our eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh I’m not worried...just baffled that people are that snooty. (I know, I know, I shouldn’t be!) I can’t fathom being so concerned about other people’s business. I have too much of my own to handle.

We are recent cruising fanatics...first one in December 2014. Second not until December of 2016, and making up for lost time. 34 nights 12/16-11/17. We love it. And I especially love reading about the friends others have made in the lounge and look forward to doing it ourselves. We’ve met some wonderful people just in the MDR. It’s one of our favorite parts of the experience. Meeting people just as excited about cruising as we are, and potentially sailing with them again is a real treat in our eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have a great attitude and indeed there are lots of like minded cruisers in the DL just as excited as you are.

There are always people in every walk of life who are snooty and think they are better than you but thats their problem not yours so never let anyone dull your excitement of cruising.

You have a great attitude and indeed there are lots of like minded cruisers in the DL just as excited as you are.

There are always people in every walk of life who are snooty and think they are better than you but thats their problem not yours so never let anyone dull your excitement of cruising.

I agree! It's amazing to me to read so many comments about unhappy cruisers regarding the lounges being crowded and are blaming the Diamond members for it. How high and mighty can one get!? Be happy that RCCL offers the free drinks on your card and that you are cruising in the first place. Geez, some people seem to forget that there are plenty of people in our world who would love to go on a cruise, have free drinks and meet new people. Be happy for goodness sake and stop complaining.

I sure hope this young lady meets a lot of fabulous cruisers who appreciate the value of being on the ship and how blessed they are to be traveling. Blessings to you. <3

Just back from 11 night Serenade cruise. The diamond lounge issue is a joke. The lounge hold about 35 people and if you even want to think about getting a seat for the happy hour you had better be there 30 to 40 min before hand. Over all being Diamond is also a joke. In the past you did get a few extras but no more. We are vary close to Diamond + and looking at what it offers isn't that much more.

On the bar in the DL last week there was a large beautiful glass that had cash in it, clearly from people dropping in tip money. It was the first time I had seen it.

I think that's wildly tacky in a Diamond Lounge. Matters like this should be handled discretely.