RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I was with my wife who is D+ too.

It was outside cocktail hours and the C&A information is the benefits will be taken off automatically but in our experience that is not the case.

When we had the paper voucher book you could physically give them the required voucher.

The photo and bogo drink plus discount off RCI merchandise in the shops are the only other benefits we use.

Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes we use the BOGO drink offer, sometimes not. Sailing on Nav last week, if we ordered a drink from the MDR during dinner they counted it as if it was one of our 3 on our card, so we would not have needed to use the BOGO like we would have had to on past cruises. In the past liquor orders in the MDR were excluded from the Diamond benefit, and needed to be paid for.

I hated the paper vouchers because if we forgot it back in the cabin, we got nothing.

Like you we use the photo benefit as well as the Johnny Rockets BOGO milkshake.

We never forget to take our balcony discount when booking either!

I have had a couple snarky members in d lounge comment on how I must have walked in behind someone. I just let it go and mention to my wife in a little louder voice before we leave "honey we have got to come back here tomorrow, they get free drinks here!" 🤣[emoji23]

You should see the stares we get the next time we see those same people when we enter the d lounge.

Also have heard comments that children of d members should have to earn their own points to be admitted to lounge. I wanted to tell that person that my son is close to d+ on his own history.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My 14-year-old grandson and 11-year-old granddaughter are D+ on their own points. My daughter and son in law stay mostly in suites and ironically they were one of the few people who lost points when RCCL went to days instead of number of cruises.

Just back from 11 night Serenade cruise. The diamond lounge issue is a joke. The lounge hold about 35 people and if you even want to think about getting a seat for the happy hour you had better be there 30 to 40 min before hand. Over all being Diamond is also a joke. In the past you did get a few extras but no more. We are vary close to Diamond + and looking at what it offers isn't that much more.

How early do you have to arrive for a good seat for one of the Centrum events? I'll bet it's longer than 30 minutes. It's a societal thing. Early bird gets the worm

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My 14-year-old grandson and 11-year-old granddaughter are D+ on their own points. My daughter and son in law stay mostly in suites and ironically they were one of the few people who lost points when RCCL went to days instead of number of cruises.

1518572116102.thumb.jpg.267e6e242f05813302fb7a25f100c964.jpg

How many points did they lose? Suites have been getting bonus points for quite a while. Plus they must have had enough points to earn the 13 extra nights

1518572032911.thumb.jpg.d038e1470e4f96b27494a04bc47e31da.jpg

You cannot lose what you didn't have.

How early do you have to arrive for a good seat for one of the Centrum events? I'll bet it's longer than 30 minutes. It's a societal thing. Early bird gets the worm

We are doing front row seats on the Vision for the Mara Gardi 20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Serenade CL had a bucket at the back bar. Servers dropped all their tips in it. I didn't find it tacky.

It is still there. Annabelle and Kenton deserve it as they made sure your drinks never went empty. Willie the concierge has been helping wherever needed and has been a great host. Unfortunately he will be transferring to anthem in a few months.

Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes we use the BOGO drink offer, sometimes not. Sailing on Nav last week, if we ordered a drink from the MDR during dinner they counted it as if it was one of our 3 on our card, so we would not have needed to use the BOGO like we would have had to on past cruises. In the past liquor orders in the MDR were excluded from the Diamond benefit, and needed to be paid for.

I hated the paper vouchers because if we forgot it back in the cabin, we got nothing.

Like you we use the photo benefit as well as the Johnny Rockets BOGO milkshake.

We never forget to take our balcony discount when booking either!

Unfortunately using drink vouchers in mdr is not fleet wide.

Just back from 11 night Serenade cruise. The diamond lounge issue is a joke. The lounge hold about 35 people and if you even want to think about getting a seat for the happy hour you had better be there 30 to 40 min before hand. Over all being Diamond is also a joke. In the past you did get a few extras but no more. We are vary close to Diamond + and looking at what it offers isn't that much more.

On serenade right now and the d lounge is pretty packed starting about 4pm. The vortex lounge is not used as overflow but have seen many people bring drinks to enjoy out there.

I love the d perks such as free pic and free day of internet. Being d+ let's you into the concierge lounge which is bigger than the d lounge. Also d+ you get a free bag of laundry and reserved seating in main theatre.

I didn't cruise to become d or d+ but because I love to cruise. The perks royal throw my way make it that much more enjoyable. Also keeps me booking with royal if prices for other cruise lines are about the same.

[ATTACH]414412[/ATTACH][ATTACH]414413[/ATTACH]

How many points did they lose? Suites have been getting bonus points for quite a while. Plus they must have had enough points to earn the 13 extra nights

They didn't lose many. Back before 2011, their kids were little and they were in balcony rooms with bunk beds. When Royal converted all cruises under 12 or 13 days (I don't remember the exact number) they converted them to 7 points. That helped me because I had a few under 7-day cruises that became 7 points. But they had some 8 and 10-day cruises (and nothing under 7) that became 7 point cruises.

Having a bucket behind the bar for staff to pool is fine; putting out a glass on top of the bar for people to add to, I think, is tacky in the DL or any of the lounges on the ship really. That's piano lounge singer stuff.

Or buskers buckets.

It shouldn't be happening in the US where everyone is so generous with tips but in Europe and UK sailings i don't blame them because people tend to be more frugal with their money and besides myself who tips a dollar a drink i never see anyone else do it and the DL is a little quieter on the last night.

So I have been trying to follow this conversation and would appreciate a confirmation to what I took in. There is talk or rumor that RCCL may take away the Diamond Lounge privileges to "just" Diamonds because there are so many folks. There have been some lounges so crowded that they have not been the quiet oasis of the past and required the use of an over flow area. Has RCCL made any clear statements that they will be doing this? If indeed this is the future perhaps grandfathering the current " just" Diamonds will avoid a massive uprising. Since the" just" Diamond are most likely going to continue to cruise based on the loyalty status they will be Diamond plus in the near future.

We became "just" Diamond two years ago and have enjoyed the Diamond Lounges. Our bartenders became very apt at making my husbands drink which was not always the case outside the lounge. We met some very funny and delightful folks in the lounge that were always willing to share their stories and advise. We were on the Jewell in December and it was rare that the lounge was too busy for one bartender but it did happen now and then. Guests were mindful of this challenge and flowed with it. The attached bar on the other side (Viking Lounge?) was usually empty and underutilized so they did open the door and added a few more tables The area was roped of by a sign saying private party. We were there two weeks and the consignor did ask in the beginning of the first week for our sea pass cards to confirm our status which was done quietly

The consignor was fabulous. Always a friendly greeting and filled with great advise when asked . Folks in the suite lounge felt the same way about their lounge. The lounge provides an intimacy of fun not found on our cruise ship bars.. So it is not just the free drinks that would be missed if the lounge disappeared for" just" Diamonds. We will be back on the Jewell in March and hope the same staff will be assigned to the lounge. I am hopeful that they open the over flow area so we can enjoy our drinks with my sister who is on her first RCCL cruise. They have the beverage package.

Totally agree with you — we made Diamond 5 or 6 cruises ago and have really enjoyed the experience. We have met so many wonderful people including staff and crew. The Captain introduced himself to us in the DL on the Grandeur! Of course, we enjoy the free drinks as well. And I love getting a latte in the morning. Would not be happy if we are kicked out of the Diamond Lounge! I think your idea about grandfathering current Diamonds is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having a bucket behind the bar for staff to pool is fine; putting out a glass on top of the bar for people to add to, I think, is tacky in the DL or any of the lounges on the ship really. That's piano lounge singer stuff.

We still haven't clarified that passengers were the ones feeding the bucket.