Anthem Statue of Liberty sale by

watson50

Watching the anthem right now shall pass Statue of Liberty with Norstar way up in the air lucky cruises get a great view on a clear day of New York go anthem have a great cruise everybody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I apologize for the verbal interpretation excuse the miss spelling blame the phone not me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed by Miss Liberty last October on Vision when this ship was repositioning from Cape Liberty to Galveston but didn't on the 12 night Anthem cruise we just returned from. It was the only time we experienced this in our 7 sailings from Bayonne.

NorthStar in port or near port is great. At sea, not as interesting. Done both.

And since they now do the abbreviated rides that just go up and down (vs swinging out) so that they can squeeze two trips in every 30 min slot, not as fun.

Thanks for your thoughts on port v. sea. We've been on Anthem once -- her inaugural TA in 2015, Southampton directly to Cape Liberty. No ports, so we've only experienced North Star at sea -- I loved the view of the ocean and the ship from up there, plus North Star did swing out, and that was truly awesome.

We'll be on Anthem again in a few weeks, the 8-nighter. We have North Star booked for a sea day; perhaps we'll try to get a ride in North Star while we are docked in Nassau. (Those slots were not open for pre-cruise booking.)

I’m on the Anthem right now and I can tell you that this sailaway was AMAZING! The Captain announced at the end of muster that he would be taking us on the scenic route and then doing a 180 and heading out to sea. Here are a few of the pictures I took.a0e4a1d2e089047b00b351a7eab1309d.jpg6e60135fd236221a49899485733c3f6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, incredible pictures, ckrobyn! Thank you for posting! Is this standard procedure on Anthem? I'm looking forward to some great views in April, whether we get the "scenic" version or not!

According to the Captain, no, this is not standard at all. We were very lucky, and I hope you will be too! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, It is very rare. It happened once in 25 sailing on Explorer, Quantum and Anthem.

We sailed up the Hudson last August on our way to NE/Canada. We were so close to Battery Park when he turned Anthem around to sail o open waters. It was a sight especially from the 2x70. The last time we did this was when we sailed Leonardo Da Vinci our of NYC and parallel the skyline.

Not sure if it's done for Canada cruises as we sailed on the Quantum and Anthem to the Carib. and never went that route. The next day, the Captain jokingly mentioned that he made a mistake as he sailed left instead of right.

Is there any particular reason why he sailed by it this time?

I think it may have been because this is a 9 night sailing to Florida and the Bahamas. So there was an extra day to get south. Normally the Florida and Bahamas runs without Miami are 7 days.

I think it may have been because this is a 9 night sailing to Florida and the Bahamas. So there was an extra day to get south. Normally the Florida and Bahamas runs without Miami are 7 days.

I'm doing an 8 day sailing to the Bahamas in a few weeks. Maybe they can work the short detour into the schedule then.