D+ Perks????

This will be our first cruise as D+. I am told that we are allowed BOGO in specialty restaurants, but they have to be on the first 2 nights. This is a 15 night TA. Is it possible we could do them later in the cruise, as there will probably be a lot of people having this perk? Some people said we could pre-pay and reserve for 1 person on-line, and then have both of us show up for a BOGO. Have any of you ever done this? Also, I am told we will have a bottle of wine and beverage of choice waiting for us in our cabin. Do we have to pre-order/request these items? Any information is welcome. Thank you.

This will be our first cruise as D+. I am told that we are allowed BOGO in specialty restaurants, but they have to be on the first 2 nights. This is a 15 night TA. Is it possible we could do them later in the cruise, as there will probably be a lot of people having this perk? Some people said we could pre-pay and reserve for 1 person on-line, and then have both of us show up for a BOGO. Have any of you ever done this? Also, I am told we will have a bottle of wine and beverage of choice waiting for us in our cabin. Do we have to pre-order/request these items? Any information is welcome. Thank you.

Speak to the people at the specialty restaurant, they may be able to accommodate you.

You need to log in to your My Cruises account, go to Profile, and select the gifts you want. The bottle of wine and beverage are not automatic.

Been told only on the 1st 2 nights. For my upcoming Allure cruise, I'm planning on using the D+ bogo for Chops as it is $49 per and already booked Giovanni's for the 4th night as there was a sale at $28 per. Simple economics.

We have asked to change the BOGO but always told no. You have to order the wines you want as Bob posted above. After you pass a certain number of points, you will get 3 choices. I think it is 345 points.

175 points = 1 choice

340 points = 2 choices

525 points = 3 choices

The choices also get better at 340 and then again at 525 points.

OP - On our past 4 or 5 cruises, we were only permitted to use the promo for the first two nights. Others have been more successful paying the first two days and using them later in the cruise. Years ago they allowed use later in the week.

You may find some specials later in the seek that are almost the same as the BOGO.

Good luck

m

Check your prices on bogo thru D+ and bogo offer on dining packages. We have used the dining bogo 1st two nights twice in DEc.as much cheaper than the D+ one.Used on Freedom when it was $30.00 each for total of $60.00 .Also have $30.00 each 2 nights for Freedom in feb. & April. The packages for bogo have gone to $40.00 now. Also have 1st night done right on some ships.

Also saw you question on gift ( wine). When you order on Royal site you can select deliver to cabin or dining room

You have to indicate on your cruise planner what new D+ gift you would like as it will not appear unless you indicate which gift you want.

We got a nice RC logo sun towel but you can choose from a selection of wines.

On selected ships you get access to the CL as well as the DL.

The BOGO is first and second night only.

The rest of the perks are in line with the Diamond perks.

I'm seeing this on the website

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

2 all-benefits-anchor.pngall-benefits-anchor.pngUpgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

all-benefits-anchor.pngall-benefits-anchor.pngAdditional personalized gift/amenity for members with 340 or more.

..9 all-benefits-anchor.pngall-benefits-anchor.pngAdditional personalized gift/amenity for members with 525 or more...9

I’m assuming if your status is D+ but, you’re a solo traveler, there aren’t any discounts or special offers for you, or, am I incorrect?

Thanks

You still get the balcony discount and your personalized amenity(s).

I cannot think of anything you would not get as a solo.

This will be our first cruise as D+. I am told that we are allowed BOGO in specialty restaurants, but they have to be on the first 2 nights.

One additional thought hopefully someone can clarify if they have noticed it....

On my last two cruises (Explorer and Jewel) the cost of specialty was cheaper pre cruise on the cruise planner rather than on board. So when you use your D+ BOGO on board, you will be charged the higher on board price.

However the BOGO offer that is available to anyone, even a first time Cruiser on RCL, on the cruise planner is the exact same given to the D+ (ie. Eat at specialty first two nights).

It was less expensive [emoji35] to book pre cruise on the cruise planner rather than using the D+ BOGO. In other words our so-called D+ benefit is now useless. Can anyone else confirm this with their recent cruises?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... However the BOGO offer that is available to anyone, even a first time Cruiser on RCL, on the cruise planner is the exact same given to the D+ (ie. Eat at specialty first two nights). ...

Not exactly the same. With the D+ BOGO, one can treat a non D+ guest to dinner.

They may prorate the discount, but a solo can still get it.

Hello,

I get the 50% solo supplement - though not without a fight and a lessons in maths (or math in American). In the UK at least the sales team don't have a clue and my case was eventually sorted by someone in the Loyalty department. By paying 75% effectively of the twin occupancy charge I only get 75% balcony/suite discount and 75% of any OBC offer.

This all sounds wonderful except that the current UK offer is second pax pays half price so my 50% single supplement is worthless. I did enquire whether my half price supplement on the half price second pax charge meant only a 25% supplement but I am still waiting for an answer since about Christmas time. I am not holding my breath.

Regards,

Cublet