Elite Platinum Lounge

jamesnnb

We heard that the evening menu at the Elite Platinum Lounge has changed or will change in 2018. Has anyone seen this happen yet? We'll be on the Ruby Princess in Alaska in April.

I’m a Platinum passenger about to become Elite and have never heard of a lounge for us until reading these forums.

Are there advantages or perks in these lounges and which lounge is it on Regal pls.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

I’m a Platinum passenger about to become Elite and have never heard of a lounge for us until reading these forums.

Are there advantages or perks in these lounges and which lounge is it on Regal pls.

There will be an card with the location and the list of the appetizers each night in your cabin upon boarding. Which there should have been on each cruise since you became Platinum; the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge started as a perk around 2010 if memory serves.

What has changed recently is that instead of one nightly drink special there is now a set menu of drinks at a slightly lower price than elsewhere on the ship. But beware that the base to each drink is apparently from a huge batch of pre-mix; in November on Royal Princess when the server saw I had the PBP he said "I'll get you a real Mojito" (or whatever I ordered).

The nightly appetizer was the same as in the past; on my five night cruise there was no sushi night though, but the formal night was still the shrimp tower. One other change is that the crudites (carrots, celery, olives) are portioned out rather than help-yourself; the cheese and crackers are still select what you wish.

On Regal Princess they should use Club 6, every night from 5PM to 7 PM except the night of the Captain's Circle party.

• Like 1

There will be an card with the location and the list of the appetizers each night in your cabin upon boarding. Which there should have been on each cruise since you became Platinum; the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge started as a perk around 2010 if memory serves.

Often the card gets overlooked since it is mixed in with a number of other printed materials on embarkation day.

If, however, you do not receive the card, just ask the CC rep for one.

• Like 1

Yes it changed. Now $6,50 instead of $5.00.

Changed the drinks to from the ones people liked to

different kinds. Most don't like them. Some do I'm sure.

You don't have to buy a drink to eat the food.

Each night a new appetizer but others foods stay the same

• Like 1

Often the card gets overlooked since it is mixed in with a number of other printed materials on embarkation day.

If, however, you do not receive the card, just ask the CC rep for one.

Or mention it to your cabin steward and he/she will get one for you. If you catch him/her in the corridor, and the room care cart is parked there, he/she will probably have one available for you right away.

• Like 1

The Vista Lounge.

Watch the info that is left for you in your cabin and get there early

37877983435_b9934b54b3_z.jpgCaptains Circle Shrimp Party

Howard

• Like 1

It is still one of our favorite places to have a cocktail or two before dinner. The setting is different depending on the class of ship, so it could be in Club 6 on the Royal class ships, Skywalkers on the Grand/Caribbean/Emerald/etc. or one of the lounges on the other ships.

We enjoy meeting new people and have developed continuing friendships. What we don't enjoy is the way the lounge has evolved into a "bean-counters" area where the appetizers have been reduced and the drinks have increased in price while removing the classic favorites from the menu of those that have the special of the day price. The number of people in the lounge tends to reduce during the cruise because of this in the opinion of the bar staff.

• Like 1

Let me add that we skipped this for the 1st time in a doz+ cruises. We don't like the new drinks. We enjoyed free drinks on our balcony from the mini bar. If they bring back the old selection we go back. Did miss the chit chat before dinner. We walked through several times and it seemed like it was a poor turnout for a cruise with 1200 that were qualified to attend.

framer

• Like 1

The Vista Lounge.

Watch the info that is left for you in your cabin and get there early

37877983435_b9934b54b3_z.jpgCaptains Circle Shrimp Party

Howard

The Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge on the Regal Princess is held in Club 6. This is a different event from the Captains' Circle party event that is held in the big lounge at the aft end of deck 7.

• Like 1

On the Regal now, there are about 8-10 drinks for $6.50.

Mayan Mule, like a Moscow mule but with tequila, Mojito, a blue Martini, and some other very sweet sounding drinks. For 50 cents more I can have Absolute on the rocks! Really miss the old drinks, especially the Chairman of the Board!

• Like 1

The Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge on the Regal Princess is held in Club 6. This is a different event from the Captains' Circle party event that is held in the big lounge at the aft end of deck 7.

On one of our Regal sailings, PES event was held in Vista Lounge due to number of PE onboard (suite amounts don't change obviously).

On another Regal sailing, it was in Club 6.

Same goes for Royal, either Club 6 or Vista Lounge depending in how many Elite and Platinums onboard...

• Like 1

Chairman of the Board is still on the cocktail menus - the ones that list Vodka Cocktsils, Gin Cocktails, Rum Cocktails, etc. Under Gin page, under Gin martinis at the bottom... Listed with the Vespa, 007 Classic Tanqueray, Very Berry, etc.

Had it made at Mermaid's Bar on pool deck, Crooner's, Club 6, etc - basically all around the ship on Royal...

• Like 1

I have never bothered to go to the Elite Cocktail Party. I get enough food on the ship without having to attend this "party" for a limited selection of appetizers. But I also skip the Captain's Cocktail Party, the Champagne Waterfall, ...

• Like 1

Only way I know of to get a Chairman is to go to Crooners. Even there, it's not on the menu, but if you ask for it they'll make it ... for $9.50.

Jim

If you go to the Captains Circle Party you can ask for a Chairman of the Board when they offer you the rum punch or cheap ship champagne. It might take 5 minutes, but they will bring it. Worth the wait.

• Like 1

If you go to the Captains Circle Party you can ask for a Chairman of the Board when they offer you the rum punch or cheap ship champagne. It might take 5 minutes, but they will bring it. Worth the wait.

Thanks for the valuable information! $9.50 x 2 = 19.00 (Plus, no tip).

• Like 1